2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

What an unmitigated ****show for the Mets in Milwaukee. Get swept, get blown out/shut out the first two games and lose the third on a Walkoff HR. What a disaster. Tomorrow’s home opener is probably getting rained out. “Makes me sick mutha****a how far we done fell”.

Pitch clock is an absolute grand slam of an addition as far as I'm concerned.

Will be interesting to see how teams respond to the spike in steals/attempts over time and how pitchers adjust as they settle into the higher tempo.

but getting games over in 2.5 hrs is a W.

Pitch clock is an absolute grand slam of an addition as far as I'm concerned.

Will be interesting to see how teams respond to the spike in steals/attempts over time and how pitchers adjust as they settle into the higher tempo.

but getting games over in 2.5 hrs is a W.

Interesting piece came up on Dan Patrick show this morning......

Dude called and said he was at game that only went 2 hours 20 minutes or somethin.......felt like he got kicked out early kinda. Well, how will that work out for owners concessions wise over time? :nerd:

Hour or so less time to sell adds up to quite a bit of revenue, no? Wonder if they'll be ok with that trade off. 🤔

Dude called and said he was at game that only went 2 hours 20 minutes or somethin.......felt like he got kicked out early kinda. Well, how will that work out for owners concessions wise over time? :nerd:

Hour or so less time to sell adds up to quite a bit of revenue, no? Wonder if they'll be ok with that trade off. 🤔

Aw, poor guy didn’t have enough time to fill his fat face with another hot dog?

I think once owners realize not many fans going to concessions that they will start to staff more workers who walk up and down the stands/sections

Im just totally making this up in my mind - i got no idea if owners are losing money with the speed of the game

Depends on if viewership and attendance rise, I guess.

Wanna sell more concessions? Stop charging me 7 bucks for a water bottle and 50 to park my car. :smile:

I suppose the logic is that the new rules will bring more fans out which will offset the losses from less game time

Inadvertently, faster games are also better for gamblers. Nobody wants their money tied up for 3hrs+. Srs

Ohtani was pretty bad today but the Mariners kept letting him get by with little damage. 4 walks, 2 HBPs, pitch clock violation, batter's box violation.

EA405338-BA4F-4307-964C-9D8D7578675C.gif

Braves took care of business in St. Louis and got the sweep.

Back
Top Bottom