2023 MLB Thread; Say Hey, Charlie Hustle: Rest In Power, Willie. RIP, Pete.

Pitching should keep the Rangers in the thick of it.

Will have to make a move or two for bats around the deadline if they're gonna be serious.

I just can’t see it with that lineup - hope so for you but the West is tough

I just can’t see it with that lineup - hope so for you but the West is tough
Just gotta survive to the deadline and if you're in it push all in on a couple of corner outfield bats.

Seattle and Houston are definitely better today assuming health. But the Rangers have at least positioned themselves clearly above LA and Oakland - and I think closer to the top two than the bottom.

Lots of assets to make moves with at the deadline if appropriate. Probably still a year away, though.

Last edited:
That Rangers lineup is real though, thump up and down that thing. If they slide someone like Yamamoto in after this season the rotation will be really solid.

Just gotta survive to the deadline and if you're in it push all in on a couple of corner outfield bats.

Seattle and Houston are definitely better today assuming health. But the Rangers have at least positioned themselves clearly above LA and Oakland - and I think closer to the top two than the bottom.

Lots of assets to make moves with at the deadline if appropriate. Probably still a year away, though.

Yeah I would agree they are 3rd - bottom of the lineup is rough but excited to see more Jung (who is already 25 I saw!?)

ezgif-2-7f6710f404.gif

No fun in slow starts :emoji_pensive:
im sure yall will turn it around before Haniger comes off the IL for us

Nats fans I was watching the game last Saturday against ATL. Mackenzie Gore is going to be a an ace level pitcher for you guys. I hated and wish the Padres didn't have to give him up last year in the Soto trade. Dude was the #1 or #2 pitching prospect in the minors for 2 or 3 years. He had about 10 good starts for SD last year before the trade then started getting tired and eventually hurt after the trade to the Nats. The Nats haul of prospects in the Soto trade was a hella lot better than what you guys got from the Dodgers for Scherzer and Trea Turner.
Was in attendance for the Gore start. He looked great - struck out Olson and Riley twice and got Acuna later on as well. Not a single ball hit over 90 MPH against him, but did have some command issues. Trying to temper my expectations due to injury history, but he looks the part.

I still like the headliners of the Scherzer/Turner trade, but Gray is gonna have to figure out what he’s doing with his fastball by the All-Star break. Most hittable pitch in baseball.

We might be a team that lines up with you if you look to add bats at the deadline, but only if they, ya know, actually hit for a few months. :lol: (Bellinger, Wisdom, Happ even)

3.6, Hoerner was our only 4+.

But Happ is a FA, and if he doesn't get extended, he'd likely be one of the better bats at the deadline, switch hitter etc, he'd fit what Dirk was mentioning.

The bat was 4.4 - pretty damn solid - Yanks keep being brought up for him

3.6, Hoerner was our only 4+.

But Happ is a FA, and if he doesn't get extended, he'd likely be one of the better bats at the deadline, switch hitter etc, he'd fit what Dirk was mentioning.
It'll be interesting to see how tight the Rangers can stay - and then how willing they are to push chips to the middle with some of the arms and farm kids.

But yeah, I think the Cubs match up well as a potential trade partner.

It'll be interesting to see how tight the Rangers can stay - and then how willing they are to push chips to the middle with some of the arms and farm kids.

But yeah, I think the Cubs match up well as a potential trade partner.

I just realized they had the same win total - 81.5 - as the Angels this season - hope you took the Over

He's going to be commissioner someday. I don't see how he couldn't be. (unless he doesn't want to be) But him calling out talking heads is heartwarming. :lol:

Agree completely. Theo is smart af and understands the meta of the whole sports landscape. If the bigger sports media won't cover it properly, they should empower other creators to push out good content daily during the season, which really is only done at podcast and some TikTok levels. He's dead on about how baseball has the raw ingredients for good content because they play every damn day.

Back
Top Bottom