• SD

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • London

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
just wanted to see what the thoughts were on Bay Area fans now that this is complete. For the record I was a fan from 95-16. Was part of save Oakland sports but the relocation stuff was too much. this year I made the switch to the niners. After a few years I pretty much have no hatred towards any other team minus the raiders now. I hate Mark for what he did and how this franchise treated Oakland fans. Those that are lost or hurting, it gets better. Hopefully once they are gone you will find your spot again.
born and raised in the bay. I’m not going anywhere. i have young kids that I always dreamed of passing my fandom down to. Taking them to games. All of that was taken away despite loyal support for a crappy product. The raiders never acknowledged Oakland fans and took us for granted. I rather support the franchise that will stay here and make a difference in our community going forward. Still can attend games, talk with local fans. I despise mark and marc and could never support vegas

tenor.gif

If you're raised in the Bay and grew up a Raider fan, how can you possibly switch over to the Niners?

I'm also born and raised in the Bay and I'd rather not be a fan of any team than switch to being a Niner fan.

I'm still gonna be a Raider fan and will continue repping the Raiders, although I'm only wearing Oakland gear, not Las Vegas.

tenor.gif

If you're raised in the Bay and grew up a Raider fan, how can you possibly switch over to the Niners?

I'm also born and raised in the Bay and I'd rather not be a fan of any team than switch to being a Niner fan.

I'm still gonna be a Raider fan and will continue repping the Raiders, although I'm only wearing Oakland gear, not Las Vegas.

I actually rooted for the niners in 94 because of Sanders but I became a real football fan in 95 with the move to Oakland. I made them my team purely for Oakland. I didn’t know anything about them. Over time I became a die hard fan and couldn’t imagine life without them. The relocation Saga always loomed for as long as I could remember but its been loud since 2012. Was part of many groups and rallies to try and make the team stay. Ultimately with the Vegas approval the hurt was too Much. I ditched them and the nfl. It’s been 3 years and I realized I do miss the game day experience. There is nothing like it. Over the last 3 years i No longer hated anyone other than mark and his team.

the point is it takes time, it gets better. Don’t let this franchise profit off of your emotions unless that’s what you really want.

This conversation has been had many times in the past few years but I could never support another NFL team.

I would much rather just be a neutral fan or just say **** the NFL altogether and not consume at all (which I did the 2017 season). Even last season, football wasn't the same for me, but year 3 I finally made peace with everything.

Changing allegiance to the 49ers though, that's just wild. Couldn't be me.

I'll follow the Raiders to Las Vegas. The franchise is definitely tainted but some bonds are just inseparable. I literally rather be without football than not be a Raider fan.

Mark Davis is less than a ***** though. He owns the team but he'll never be accepted or respected as a part of the Raider community.

The Nation belongs to the fans. Mark Davis will forever be a peripheral figure on the outside looking in.

Last edited:
I actually rooted for the niners in 94 because of Sanders but I became a real football fan in 95 with the move to Oakland. I made them my team purely for Oakland. I didn’t know anything about them. Over time I became a die hard fan and couldn’t imagine life without them. The relocation Saga always loomed for as long as I could remember but its been loud since 2012. Was part of many groups and rallies to try and make the team stay. Ultimately with the Vegas approval the hurt was too Much. I ditched them and the nfl. It’s been 3 years and I realized I do miss the game day experience. There is nothing like it. Over the last 3 years i No longer hated anyone other than mark and his team.

the point is it takes time, it gets better. Don’t let this franchise profit off of your emotions unless that’s what you really want.

You're right, it does get better - so why switch allegiance to another team? Another rivalry team at that.
And you say "Don't let this franchise profit off your emotions," but yet you switch to being a Niner fan this year to let them profit off you?
I personally couldn't do it. There's always been a Bay Area rivalry between the Raiders and Niners and I've always been on one side. Just because that side leaves, I can't see myself rooting for the team I used to root against.

Bu
You're right, it does get better - so why switch allegiance to another team? Another rivalry team at that.
And you say "Don't let this franchise profit off your emotions," but yet you switch to being a Niner fan this year to let them profit off you?
I personally couldn't do it. There's always been a Bay Area rivalry between the Raiders and Niners and I've always been on one side. Just because that side leaves, I can't see myself rooting for the team I used to root against.

I come to the realization East bay / Oakland sports pretty much are dead now. We have the A’s and I love them. I want to see them win badly. I haven’t really watched football the last 2 years myself but I have young kids and I want to take them to games. I want them to have some sort of a sports base if they chose to be fans later in life. It’s hard to explain but I don’t have any hatred for the teams I once hated. I think being betrayed by your own team really sets you free to pick whoever you want. It’s like players that get released and go whatever situation works best. I can’t have Oakland sports anymore. My loyalty then goes to the bay, then would be nor cal, California, etc.

I don’t think I can ever root for another team at this point. Been a Raider fan since I was a kid, so I can’t imagine rooting for anyone else. This team is definitely messed up, and some of the issues are out of control, like the NFL constantly finding ways to **** up games. It is what it is. I haven’t lived in Cali since 2002, so them moving to Vegas isn’t as much of a heartbreaker for me as it is for most.

I don’t think I can ever root for another team at this point. Been a Raider fan since I was a kid, so I can’t imagine rooting for anyone else. This team is definitely messed up, and some of the issues are out of control, like the NFL constantly finding ways to **** up games. It is what it is. I haven’t lived in Cali since 2002, so them moving to Vegas isn’t as much of a heartbreaker for me as it is for most.

if I wasn’t still here I could probably live with it better. I actually had to give up my tickets and Change the way I watched. The most ideal thing would have been a new Oakland franchise but that will never happen. I don’t think I really miss the raiders but more so an Oakland franchise. The raiders just happened to be the Oakland team.

We’re taking fan applications in Baltimore

I like Lamar Jackson as a player. He's exciting to watch like Michael Vick. If only Vick worked on his pass accuracy a lot earlier. Lamar reminds me a lot of the QB I used to create when I used to play Madden :lol: . I'll cheer for Lamar Jackson to win the Super Bowl since my Raiders are most likely done :emoji_cry:

Y’all gotta let the homie root for the 49ers. ,ark did some real foul ish to the loyal fans in Oakland. Don’t blame dudes for leaving. I left DALLAS after Jerry forced players to be uncle toms during the whole Kaepernick movement. Son should be able to leave if he chooses. I was a fan of Lamar since college so I became a Ravens fan when they drafted him.

Y’all gotta let the homie root for the 49ers. ,ark did some real foul ish to the loyal fans in Oakland. Don’t blame dudes for leaving. I left DALLAS after Jerry forced players to be uncle toms during the whole Kaepernick movement. Son should be able to leave if he chooses. I was a fan of Lamar since college so I became a Ravens fan when they drafted him.

:lol: he can root for whoever he wants. I knew you switched Teams. Every team is MAGA FYI

I watched the final Oakland game from a hotel room in Las Vegas that overlooked the new stadium.

1) F you See K
2) The new stadium looks pretty nice
3) People show out for the Golden Knights, I wonder if it is going to be the same for the Raiders
4) I'm going to root for the Raiders still (so long as they're called the Raiders). But not spending a dime!
5) It literally took me the same amount of time, maybe even less to get to Las Vegas on a plane than drive to Santa Clara (Had to mention that to the niner faithful family members).

I watched the final Oakland game from a hotel room in Las Vegas that overlooked the new stadium.

1) F you See K
2) The new stadium looks pretty nice
3) People show out for the Golden Knights, I wonder if it is going to be the same for the Raiders
4) I'm going to root for the Raiders still (so long as they're called the Raiders). But not spending a dime!
5) It literally took me the same amount of time, maybe even less to get to Las Vegas on a plane than drive to Santa Clara (Had to mention that to the niner faithful family members).

I know it doesn’t mean anything now but I took this back in 2012. It was the start of the save Oakland sports / stay in Oakland movement. From then on, just the lies and disrespect from the organization has been too much to bear. I dropped them after the vote and moved on as a person/ fan but I still feel for my community. These teams mean something that’s beyond just the play on the field. I feel we gave them the identity that they took and sold out. Even mike silver was saying the other day they didn’t HAVE to move, mark wanted to. He could have easily taken on an investor that would build the stadium and then eventually have a path to ownership. Mark isn’t going to live forever and nor does he have family. All that matters to me at the end. they left because they didn’t want to be here

Attachments

• C988BD97-FF40-4F9B-92C9-ABDED7F1CB17.jpeg
    C988BD97-FF40-4F9B-92C9-ABDED7F1CB17.jpeg
    397.7 KB · Views: 256
In the end its all entertainment
People can change allegiances if it makes them happy.
Personally I will always be a raider fan since that is the team Ive followed since I was a kid growing up in LA. The move to oakland didnt really bother me and the move to Vegas doesnt bother me ( i live in the bay area now).
Maybe its because I also like soccer and dont mind rooting for teams that are half a world away. Vegas in comparison feels local and will accomadate tons of AZ, NM, and SoCal fans too.
Raider Nation will only grow stronger in Vegas.
All we need is a better QB and we’ll be fine

I know we can’t expect too much out of a backup tackle, but Brandon Parker is straight trash.

Offense definitely looks better with Renfrow. My goodness who woulda thought the most critical piece is the skinniest and whitest WR in the league.

Back
Top Bottom