2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that's what that report was saying lol. The report said the Wolves declined that supposed offer

If they set on trading KD they are probably going to need to lower their asking price. Raptors, Pels and Suns can all offer a great amount of talent without gutting their rosters

Suns offer is meh, if Ayton isn't included for some reason Nets don't seem enthusiastic about him as a centerpiece. They'd have to give up Cam and Bridges and the picks as you suggested earlier while also getting a 3rd team in.

Suns offer is meh, if Ayton isn't included for some reason Nets don't seem enthusiastic about him as a centerpiece. They'd have to give up Cam and Bridges and the picks as you suggested earlier while also getting a 3rd team in.
Well, yes, if Ayton isn't included it would be a no go

Otherwise a borderline All Star big who can play both ends, a DPOY candidate who can shoot 3's and another Playoff rotation 3 and D is an objectively solid offer. All 25 or younger

Pels, Suns and Raptors can all offer a similar package. The Nets wouldn't be getting ripped off at all

Actually, this gets worse the more you look at it.

Screenshot_20220707-115020_Samsung Internet.jpg

Kevon, Keven, Kevan, Kevyn, Kelvin... and then Durant just changed his name altogether, to Kyle.

Kevin? Super difficult. But Lamborghini? #nailedit

Good thing this redditor went back and edited. Much better.

THEY EVEN GOT IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! KEVIN! NOT THAT HARD!!

"Kevyn"?! What in the White Claw kind of 'Live, Laugh, Love' name is Kevyn?

-foe

Boston could offer Jaylen, Smart, one of the Williams and several picks as well. That should be more than enough.

Kevon, Keven, Kevan, Kevyn, Kelvin... and then Durant just changed his name altogether, to Kyle.

Kevin, super difficult. But Lamborghini? #nailedit

THEY GOT IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! KEVIN! NOT THAT HARD!! "Kevyn"?! What in the White Claw kind of 'Live, Laugh, Love' name is Kevyn?

-foe
I think they should let Calvin Durant work it out the Shawn Marx

I don’t understand this DeAndre Ayton situation.

He’s not perfect but he’s young and can score in the paint. He has a good arsenal of moves and doesn’t rely on dunks. It wouldn’t surprise me if he added a 3 point shot in the future. He can move his feet on defense and has a good frame/height. He can still get stronger and add weight too.

Why people trynna act like he’s Andre Drummond 2.0 or something. I know the suns owner is cheap but I still don’t understand why they didn’t offer him a max during the initial window.

Boston could offer Jaylen, Smart, one of the Williams and several picks as well. That should be more than enough.
Boston making the Finals and then adding Brogdon/Gallo, they might be thinking they want to stand pat

But yeah, that offer would definitely be a strong one for KD

It’s extremely difficult for you to be able to give the nets a fair deal for KD and still have enough for your team to contend.

Kd with 4 years left just gives a little too much leverage for bkn

He’s not perfect but he’s young and can score in the paint. He has a good arsenal of moves and doesn’t rely on dunks. It wouldn’t surprise me if he added a 3 point shot in the future. He can move his feet on defense and has a good frame/height. He can still get stronger and add weight too.

Why people trynna act like he’s Andre Drummond 2.0 or something. I know the suns owner is cheap but I still don’t understand why they didn’t offer him a max during the initial window.

The C position has just been devalued so much outside of a few guys in Joker and Embiid. Goober gets cooked every single playoffs, now I feel like Ayton is a happy medium between those extremes in offensive and defensive prowess and potential so I wholeheartedly agree, for him not to have gotten an offer sheet to this point is baffling. Maybe it's some attitude stuff.

Only the Spurs have space to offer him right now, Indy is really close so that also is a factor.

It’s extremely difficult for you to be able to give the nets a fair deal for KD and still have enough for your team to contend.

Kd with 4 years left just gives a little too much leverage for bkn
Is it though

Raps: Trent, Siakam, Precious
Suns: Ayton, Bridges, Johnson
Pels: Ingram, Jones, Murphy

All 3 of those teams would still have enough to contend

Only thing is there was some report listing all the stars that couldn't be traded for KD. Ingram may have been on there but idk

Personality

Is it though

Only thing is there was some report listing all the stars that couldn't be traded for KD. Ingram may have been on there but idk
They’d contend but having gaping holes all over .

Cant upgrade a lot of those cause of the picks going out.

Pels would lack a wing defender, suns would lack a big and a wing defender , raps would need more playmaking

Why would they offer him a max while they're trying to plead the Nets to take him in a S&T or find a third team to facilitate a deal

Yooo I couldn’t agree more. I’ve started to think I’m the one who’s crazy for thinking this guy still has true star potential. He’s a great athlete, always healthy, very good defender, came in as a versatile scorer from college but basically subsumed his game for CP3 and Booker…. Why aren’t teams willing to take a shot in this weak FA market?

Kevin, super difficult. But Lamborghini? #nailedit

THEY GOT IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME! KEVIN! NOT THAT HARD!! "Kevyn"?! What in the White Claw kind of 'Live, Laugh, Love' name is Kevyn?

-foe

They’d contend but having gaping holes all over .

Cant upgrade a lot of those cause of the picks going out.

Pels would lack a wing defender, suns would lack a big and a wing defender , raps would need more playmaking
Wouldn't be perfect but not many teams are lol

Still be contenders though, to the original point

Yooo I couldn’t agree more. I’ve started to think I’m the one who’s crazy for thinking this guy still has true star potential. He’s a great athlete, always healthy, very good defender, came in as a versatile scorer from college but basically subsumed his game for CP3 and Booker…. Why aren’t teams willing to take a shot in this weak FA market?
No one wants to give a max contract to a non-elite big man. He's very good though.

Is it though

Booker-CP3-KD without any depth is going down in flames

Why would they offer him a max while they're trying to plead the Nets to take him in a S&T or find a third team to facilitate a deal

I get it for the suns right now but I still never got an explanation as to why they didn’t offer it during the initial window last year. Other than Sarver being cheap.

I guess the teams with cap space right now would rather tank for a **** at Victor or Scoot over signing Ayton to a max and trynna win like 35 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom