2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand this DeAndre Ayton situation.

He’s not perfect but he’s young and can score in the paint. He has a good arsenal of moves and doesn’t rely on dunks. It wouldn’t surprise me if he added a 3 point shot in the future. He can move his feet on defense and has a good frame/height. He can still get stronger and add weight too.

Why people trynna act like he’s Andre Drummond 2.0 or something. I know the suns owner is cheap but I still don’t understand why they didn’t offer him a max during the initial window.

If he did, he'd probably be more in demand right now.

Those arsenal of moves aren't much of a help when he's shooting turnaround fadeaways on Reggie Bullock.

He’s not perfect but he’s young and can score in the paint. He has a good arsenal of moves and doesn’t rely on dunks. It wouldn’t surprise me if he added a 3 point shot in the future. He can move his feet on defense and has a good frame/height. He can still get stronger and add weight too.

Why people trynna act like he’s Andre Drummond 2.0 or something. I know the suns owner is cheap but I still don’t understand why they didn’t offer him a max during the initial window.

He’s got everything going for him cept that dawg in him

EDIT his only move is a face up jumper. Moves can be overrated but yeah that dawg is missing

EDIT his only move is a face up jumper. Moves can be overrated but yeah that dawg is missing

While this is true, In a world where Gobert and KAT are making max dollar Ayton shouldn't settle for less.

While this is true, In a world where Gobert and KAT are making max dollar Ayton shouldn't settle for less.

Goober is a great regular season rim protector. A scammer but he does make it a challenge at times in the regular season. EYE wouldn’t have gave him that much $ but blame the writers for making him supermax eligible

KATs worst season would be Ayton’s best season. He got that dawg in him but it’s like a little one. Ayton got zero dawg.

If he did, he'd probably be more in demand right now.

Those arsenal of moves aren't much of a help when he's shooting turnaround fadeaways on Reggie Bullock.

I see y’all point with this. He’s a skilled center but he doesn’t have that overwhelming physical strength that you want from a max big. He has better post moves than like a Gobert but what does it matter if you don’t demand the ball everytime and dominate the switches.

I would just counter with he’s only 23/24. Yeah he played bad against the Mavs but that could just be a 1 time thing. Maybe he adds a 3 point game and keeps getting stronger. Idk I just think it’s worth the risk if I’m a middle of the road team that can’t tank enough to be one of the 4 worst teams.

Goober is a great regular season rim protector. A scammer but he does make it a challenge at times in the regular season. EYE wouldn’t have gave him that much $ but blame the writers for making him supermax eligible

KATs worst season would be Ayton’s best season. He got that dawg in him but it’s like a little one. Ayton got zero dawg.

maxresdefault.jpg

How can you knock Ayton for not having any dawg in him but slob KD's knob when he's shown he's all cat inside?

That's off the court mostly though. KD competes when he's on the floor. That's been pretty clear. It's when he loses, he looks for a way out. Ayton on the court just looks like a dude in cruise control.

I see y’all point with this. He’s a skilled center but he doesn’t have that overwhelming physical strength that you want from a max big. He has better post moves than like a Gobert but what does it matter if you don’t demand the ball everytime and dominate the switches.

I would just counter with he’s only 23/24. Yeah he played bad against the Mavs but that could just be a 1 time thing. Maybe he adds a 3 point game and keeps getting stronger. Idk I just think it’s worth the risk if I’m a middle of the road team that can’t tank enough to be one of the 4 worst teams.

I don’t think it’s a weight thing. It’s mental. He isn’t any less physically imposing than a Jarrett Allen who shoots twice as many free throws per game. Ayton won’t lower his shoulder into anyone

It's too bad OKC couldn't figure out a way to get Ayton without moving any of their main pieces.

my problem with the Gobert trade is less about Gobert and more about Towns.

If Karl Towns was like a Dirk level offensive player,

If I had a big who was a generational offensive player who could drive elite offense
and all I needed was defense and rim protection to make me a title contender.

id do the gobert trade.

Karl Towns for all his greatest big man shooter talk is just not that good.

It’s just not that valuable of a position. He’s not a rim protector or a playmaking big and at this moment he’s not a 3 point shooter. Sure, he could become a 3 point shooter. He also just doesn’t have the mentality/ability to consistently punish switches. He’s good but I don’t think it’s crazy not to max him if you’re them.

Bigs with Ayton’s talent level used to get maxed by somebody

His situation is mystifying.

I know in game 7 he literally quit on the team so Monty is probably ****ting on him whenever he’s asked off the record, but still.

An American got LIFE in Turkey for Hash in the 70's. And that was without an ongoing conflict.

There’s an old movie about that. I forgot what it’s called.

But dummy tried to bring a bunch of hash back home on an airplane and they caught him :lol:

Bigs with Ayton’s talent level used to get maxed by somebody

His situation is mystifying.

I know in game 7 he literally quit on the team so Monty is probably ****ting on him whenever he’s asked off the record, but still.

He told you before he got drafted he was most looking forward to his 2nd contract. I get being a duffel bag boy but you gotta put in the work to at least fleece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom