2022 NBA Offseason Thread: Preseason kicks off; Things are fine in Los Angeles, Draymond beats the charges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very valid argument though.
Not really. I’d rather hear Zach Lowe talk about basketball than Shaq any day and Shaq played ball. Dray is the “New Media” leader and he’s doing all the same **** that the “Old Media” does :lol:. JJ is the best former player at speaking about the game.

It's a joke....mostly. I wouldn't have a girlfriend before going into the league but if I somehow did end up with one I'm definitely not leaving her just so I can run around with randoms :lol:

My real issue with the young guys is when they propose to these girls or have kids and I'm like you're so young and you've just been given more money and fame than anyone really knows how to handle well. It's a recipe for disaster :smh:
I would just get a vasectomy going into the league and spend my NBA years having fun.

Not really. I’d rather hear Zach Lowe talk about basketball than Shaq any day and Shaq played ball. Dray is the “New Media” leader and he’s doing all the same **** that the “Old Media” does :lol:. JJ is the best former player at speaking about the game.

You can be knowledgeable about the game without playing pro, most people in the industry have played ball at some level but if you are that and have played pro, you are a ton more...credible for lack of a better word. Hence why JJ sometimes says “ive played and...”.

Time to upgrade your milk w/ that 100Ms Jalen

In all seriousness, my best friend went to Villanova (aka VANILLAnova) and another guy I grew up hooping with went there at the same time (he played for them). Based on what I have heard and seen with my own two eyes, Jalen could have BEEN upgraded in college if he wanted to. There are sorority girls on campus 100X more attractive than her and they are all groupies :lol:

To addict4sneakers addict4sneakers ‘s point, he probably genuinely enjoys her companionship and she was also shooting with him in the gym. I am not necessarily advocating marriage or kids for the young bols but I actually think it is the opposite of what Based Jesus Based Jesus said - If I was that rich and famous I would definitely keep the girlfriend around because I would be too suspicious of any new non-rich and famous chicks that I didn’t know :lol:

Kaden Brunson going to be a scrappy 2nd round pick in 2042

Julius Randle's son is named Kyden :lol:

Julius-Randle-family.jpg

You can be knowledgeable about the game without playing pro, most people in the industry have played ball at some level but if you are that and have played pro, you are a ton more...credible for lack of a better word. Hence why JJ sometimes says “ive played and...”.
Playing ball at the pro level doesn’t make you great at speaking about it/breaking it down, though. Word to Charles swearing the Warriors would never win a chip because they were a jump shooting team and Shaq demanding that every young big average 28/15 to be deemed great.

Warriors should try to lock up Poole now. He could get crazy money with the amount of games Klay and Steph will load manage.

Eh, not everyone gonna act a fool when they get money.
You also gotta remember how money and fame makes the people around you act. I'm just saying, it makes **** a lot more complicated for you overall and having those heavy familial responsibilities so young is already a complicated situation whether you're rich or poor.

I'm an advocate for young black athletes living their lives. Hard to get IT out your system when you 21 with a wife and kids. Next thing you know you've fallen for the old alimony and child support trap and it's all going to some white woman whose family been paid already. Every new contract you get got her lawyer at the negotiations too :smh:

Playing ball at the pro level doesn’t make you great at speaking about it/breaking it down, though. Word to Charles swearing the Warriors would never win a chip because they were a jump shooting team and Shaq demanding that every young big average 28/15 to be deemed great.

Is why I said if you can be good at talking, knowledgeable and have played then you have the best of all worlds.

You take person a whos a great analyst vs person b whos a great analyst and has played, well guess whos gonna have a bit more credibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom