2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What still gets lost to me in all this Rodgers drama is the absolute insanity of how the Pack put themselves in this position. You take a project QB in the first round who from most accounts is still not ready 2 years later. So what we have here is Green Bay had Aaron Rodgers still in his prime and they decide to spend a first rounder (not 3rd or 4th rounder) on a development QB. And you are doing this when you know you have one of the most hard headed and stubborn quarterbacks of his era, and this guy has played nearly flawless football for you for over a decade. It is almost impossible to believe :lol:

Browns jerseys are incredible. Browns continue to have some of the best jerseys. The all brown with orange letters they started wearing are crazy nice.

What still gets lost to me in all this Rodgers drama is the absolute insanity of how the Pack put themselves in this position. You take a project QB in the first round who from most accounts is still not ready 2 years later. So what we have here is Green Bay had Aaron Rodgers still in his prime and they decide to spend a first rounder (not 3rd or 4th rounder) on a development QB. And you are doing this when you know you have one of the most hard headed and stubborn quarterbacks of his era, and this guy has played nearly flawless football for you for over a decade. It is almost impossible to believe :lol:
They thought what worked in drafting Rodgers while still having Favre would work again this time. Idiots

Y’all act like AR12 is Peyton, Brady or Mahomes .

Dude is talented but is a relative turd for a quarterback. Not a guy you necessarily want to be tied to if you’re a GM or head coach.
So what are you sayin then? The Pack did the smart thing?

Either way I agree AR is always on his own island. Still, I will never understand taking a project QB with the 26th pick in the draft. Especially when GB is in win-now mode.

Key word is relative.

In the NFL they are always looking for better or younger.

In 2020 at 36,AR12 was in a relative decline and was known to not run plays exactly how coaches wanted them ran. Also his personality isn't super magnetic like Brady or Peyton where they can carry a locker room through their leadership.

The Packers saw an opportunity at the most valued position in the Sports and took a chance. I’m not saying I agree but we shouldn’t act like it was some boneheaded move. Can always use a good quarterback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom