2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

was funny listening to the ringer’s nfl show and they had this chick who I assume is from Boston on, Nora princiotti

but was hilarious hearing her react to the part where he didn’t want to go to the pats and tried to downplay the Matt Patricia of it all.. then tried to say they were linked to the WRs

“Word was that Stafford’s preferred destinations were, in order, the Rams, Niners and Colts. And while the Lions were always going to do what was best for the Lions (and Stafford didn’t have a no-trade clause to commandeer the process), they were also cognizant of what their former No. 1 pick wanted.

By the time things started to come to a boiling point, the Lions had an initial offer from the Rams (their 2022 first-rounder, Goff, and an additional pick) that wasn’t going to cut it. But it was that interest from the Rams—and that it became public on Friday night, via a report from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler—that prompted a frenzy to land Stafford. By Saturday, the market had crystallized.

• Both Washington and Carolina had offered their first-round picks and then some. The Panthers’ first-rounder is eighth (that wound up being the highest pick offered) and their proposal came with a later pick. Washington packaged a third-round pick with the 19th pick.

• The Colts discussed packages of picks and players, but never actually wound up offering their first-rounder, the 21st pick.

• The Niners talked to the Lions in Mobile, but at the time were a little lukewarm and never made an official offer. They’d planned to circle back with Detroit after the weekend, but when things escalated Saturday and the Lions called back, the price had gone beyond what they were willing to offer (in part because they’re fine going forward with Jimmy Garoppolo). My sense is the 12th pick was never going to be offered.

• The Broncos discussed a pick swap with the Lions that would have equated to a late first-round pick, but it wound up becoming clear to Denver that they weren’t playing in the neighborhood where this was going.

• The Patriots and Bears both checked in. New England was willing to package a second-rounder with a player to get Stafford, which, when added to the Patriots’ absence on a list of preferred destinations (something my buddy Tom Curran reported on Sunday) quickly eliminated Bill Belichick & Co. from the chase.

• And finally, late Friday, the Jets checked in. The Lions circled back with New York on Saturday, but talks didn’t go very far.”

Goff is owed 27.5 million in 2021 and 25 in 2022 if he plays or 10 million in dead cap if he's cut before the season with 0 dollars after 22.

In a world where Jacoby Brissett makes 15 per and Teddy makes 21 I just don't think it's that bad.

it’s not.. and if I’m Detroit I eat some of that contract and move him again

assuming Detroit got the cap space, restructure the deal and transfer a decent amount to a bonus and then see what the market is.. cause I could see the saints or even the colts being interested

Goff gonna be traveling around the league like a thot pretty soon. Might as well package him and see what other team wants him and get some picks back if you can.

it’s not.. and if I’m Detroit I eat some of that contract and move him again

assuming Detroit got the cap space, restructure the deal and transfer a decent amount to a bonus and then see what the market is.. cause I could see the saints or even the colts being interested

I think they want to be as good as possible this year without spending big money on outside free agents.

I think they know it's a rebuild but they view Goff as young Ryan Fitzpatrick with upside.

I personally believe Matt Patricia is one of the worst coaches in NFL history and his tenture is worse than even the Rod Marinelli 0-16 era.

MCDC might not be a good coach but truly believe anyone is better than Matt Patricia

I think they want to be as good as possible this year without spending big money on outside free agents.

I think they know it's a rebuild but they view Goff as young Ryan Fitzpatrick with upside.

I personally believe Matt Patricia is one of the worst coaches in NFL history and his tenture is worse than even the Rod Marinelli 0-16 era.

MCDC might not be a good coach but truly believe anyone is better than Matt Patricia

I mean it would all depend what I could get for goff

cause I think y’all could be heavy looking at the draft and could just get someone to come in, in case that guy needs time.. like say if y’all take trey lance

yall and panthers I assume will be heavy in play to move up for QBs

I'm now bracing for Washington & Carolina to enter the Watson mix for sure.

“Word was that Stafford’s preferred destinations were, in order, the Rams, Niners and Colts. And while the Lions were always going to do what was best for the Lions (and Stafford didn’t have a no-trade clause to commandeer the process), they were also cognizant of what their former No. 1 pick wanted.

By the time things started to come to a boiling point, the Lions had an initial offer from the Rams (their 2022 first-rounder, Goff, and an additional pick) that wasn’t going to cut it. But it was that interest from the Rams—and that it became public on Friday night, via a report from ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler—that prompted a frenzy to land Stafford. By Saturday, the market had crystallized.

• Both Washington and Carolina had offered their first-round picks and then some. The Panthers’ first-rounder is eighth (that wound up being the highest pick offered) and their proposal came with a later pick. Washington packaged a third-round pick with the 19th pick.

• The Colts discussed packages of picks and players, but never actually wound up offering their first-rounder, the 21st pick.

• The Niners talked to the Lions in Mobile, but at the time were a little lukewarm and never made an official offer. They’d planned to circle back with Detroit after the weekend, but when things escalated Saturday and the Lions called back, the price had gone beyond what they were willing to offer (in part because they’re fine going forward with Jimmy Garoppolo). My sense is the 12th pick was never going to be offered.

• The Broncos discussed a pick swap with the Lions that would have equated to a late first-round pick, but it wound up becoming clear to Denver that they weren’t playing in the neighborhood where this was going.

• The Patriots and Bears both checked in. New England was willing to package a second-rounder with a player to get Stafford, which, when added to the Patriots’ absence on a list of preferred destinations (something my buddy Tom Curran reported on Sunday) quickly eliminated Bill Belichick & Co. from the chase.

• And finally, late Friday, the Jets checked in. The Lions circled back with New York on Saturday, but talks didn’t go very far.”

Just finished reading, great piece. Crazy that Stafford & McVay were both in Cabo and ended up having dinner later that night after the trade went down.

I’m kinda surprised Carolina ain’t attacking the draft

if Miami doesn’t make the Watson move, that’s a perfect spot for a team to trade up for a QB.. and then Carolina or lions let’s Miami stay in top 10

Danny saying what I said yesterday.

Without Tom or a similar caliber player at Quarterback who buys in the Pats are done

They had a QB who couldn't throw, their best receiver was Jakobi Meyers, no tight ends, league high in COVID opt outs. I'd like a larger sample size, preferably one with an actual roster before the credit all goes to Brady.

They had a QB who couldn't throw, their best receiver was Jakobi Meyers, no tight ends, league high in COVID opt outs. I'd like a larger sample size, preferably one with an actual roster before the credit all goes to Brady.

I believe they had a high number of opt outs BECAUSE Brady left.

No one wanted to put up will Bill's **** to go 8-8.

I believe they had a high number of opt outs BECAUSE Brady left.

No one wanted to put up will Bill's **** to go 8-8.

Hightower opted out because he had a 2 week old son.

Chung also had a pregnant girlfriend at the time and a kid with asthma.

Pretty sure both those dudes are close with BB and Mayo.

If I was betting man I'd imagine the 9ers have to throw the house at Houston now for Watson, no? Or do they really believe in Jimmy G?

Hold up, Vikings actually gave Kirk Cousins a contract that had a year where he is going to make $45M?

Capture.JPG

No wonder yall want him gone so bad :rofl:

Hold up, Vikings actually gave Kirk Cousins a contract that had a year where he is going to make $45M?

Capture.JPG

No wonder yall want him gone so bad :rofl:

No, they restructured his money after 2019 so that it hit hard in that last year—instead of evenly across the contract, so that they could have enough money to keep Kendricks and others.

It's not saying much given how Darnold has panned out, but man did the Jets luck out avoiding all that $ tied into Kirk.

What offense y’all think goff would look better in, shanahan or Payton?

I assume frank reich would structure things around his strengths

IDC what nobody says, Kirk be throwing that ball all over the field. IDK why his teams be so mediocre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom