2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lions entire coaching staff are dudes that played in the league. Most of them had options to go other places.

Dan Campbell may fail in fact the odds are that he will but comparing his coaching style to New England over that kneecap soundbite is just stupid

yeah, I agree it's stupid because I wasn't comparing it.

dan campbell talking about getting punched in the mouth as a way of building a tough culture as if the lions haven't been on their backs their entire existence, the difference this whole time was that they were supposed to take a bite out of the opponent on the way back up?

as a fan of the sport it's just tiring to hear these coaches say the same dumb **** over and over not to mention they always look the same too.

Texans need to trade Deshaun well before FA opens IMO. What player is going to want to go there if Watson looms as a huge question mark?

Texans need to trade Deshaun well before FA opens IMO. What player is going to want to go there if Watson looms as a huge question mark?

I don't think they'd be an attractive destination either way. That ownership and front office seems like a mess.

he had the best player in the league playing RB

Only 1 rams player could make that argument and he plays defense

1612126442340.gif

Only 1 rams player could make that argument and he plays defense

1612126442340.gif
maybe on defense.

but nah, Gurley was the best offensive player in the league for 2 years. There was a reason why those 2 years were the best 2 years for the Rams.

I dont mind if anyone says Mahomes was the best in 2018.

Last edited:
maybe on defense.

but nah, Gurley was the best offensive player in the league for 2 years. There was a reason why those 2 years were the best 2 years for the Rams.

I think he clearly played a large role in that, but mcvay weaponized him making defenses have to account on every play like Reid uses tyreek now

dont make him the best cause I could argue there were better guys.. but mcvay maximized him

also yall’s oline with quality or injuries also was big in terms of success

Well, looks like another year of Jimmy.

There is absolutely no way we get a new quarterback. the only other one on the market worth getting is Watson and that ticket will be too damn high.

Anyone who thinks that the Stafford trade does not have anything to do with the Watson trade is lying to themselves.

The 49ers just don’t have the capital, wait I’m lying. We do have the capital but I’m not about to lose Fred Warner and Nick Bosa and multiple first round picks.

I’m cool on that.

Talking about not about to lose Fred Warner and MAGA Bosa like they the next coming of Lawrence Taylor and Reggie White :lol: . Them dudes are available and your listening if someone like Watson is on the table. Stop fooling yaself.

Big reason why I think they'll be right in the mix of the NFC title picture next season

Gonna be on the most talented squad he's ever had from the jump

There is absolutely no way we get a new quarterback. the only other one on the market worth getting is Watson and that ticket will be too damn high.

Anyone who thinks that the Stafford trade does not have anything to do with the Watson trade is lying to themselves.

The 49ers just don’t have the capital, wait I’m lying. We do have the capital but I’m not about to lose Fred Warner and Nick Bosa and multiple first round picks.

I’m cool on that.

I said it in the 49ers season thread. But if they think they have the organizational structure in place to contend consistently and they think their long term qb is in this draft, I rather them trade up to land said qb over trading for any qb not named Deshaun Watson. And the cost for Deshaun Watson is likely going to be too high. Understandable from the Texans perspective. But if the 49ers think their structure is build to compete regularly. I hope they think beyond the 2021 season and get that long term stability in place at the qb position.

I’m fine with them rolling with Jimmy next season. If he’s healthy, he’s not trash. He’s not elite, but you can win with him, health is more an issue than performance to me. . Drafting a high first round pick would push and motivate Jimmy to play well in hopes of landing his next contract wherever that may be. It’ll be the first time he’s had real actual competition for his spot. If Jimmy plays well but they’re still ready to hand the keys over to the draft pick in 2022, Jimmy is under contract for next season and will likely net a better return than he would right now.

Big reason why I think they'll be right in the mix of the NFC title picture next season

Gonna be on the most talented squad he's ever had from the jump

I think I'd even consider them the favourites in the NFC as of now. Brady's going to be 44, Packers have a bunch of FAs they might lose, no Brees, SF has a big ? at qb right now, etc.

I’m cool on that.
Hear me out...

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom