2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing all these teams interested in QBs, going mean first 3 or 4 picks goijg be QBs

Maybe a change of scenery does him some good but I really can't see dude showing those flashes he did from time to time like he did in McVays system.

I've come to like Peter schrager. I thought he was on that show for comedic purpose but he actually has good scoop

He knew about this trade early in the day.

I said it in the 49ers season thread. But if they think they have the organizational structure in place to contend consistently and they think their long term qb is in this draft, I rather them trade up to land said qb over trading for any qb not named Deshaun Watson. And the cost for Deshaun Watson is likely going to be too high. Understandable from the Texans perspective. But if the 49ers think their structure is build to compete regularly. I hope they think beyond the 2021 season and get that long term stability in place at the qb position.

I’m fine with them rolling with Jimmy next season. If he’s healthy, he’s not trash. He’s not elite, but you can win with him, health is more an issue than performance to me. . Drafting a high first round pick would push and motivate Jimmy to play well in hopes of landing his next contract wherever that may be. It’ll be the first time he’s had real actual competition for his spot. If Jimmy plays well but they’re still ready to hand the keys over to the draft pick in 2022, Jimmy is under contract for next season and will likely net a better return than he would right now.

I like the first statement on drafting Jimmys replacement.

As for the second I disagree strongly. Jimmy G is reggie mid pack trash and yall wanna roll him out again for another year to waste? why. You move on from that dude ASAP. He's not mobile, has a noodle arm, for christ sakes he's not even accurate. All this dude is a GQ model posing as an NFL starting QB finessing front offices :lol:.

tenor.gif

Why haven’t we seen “Rams made a run at Watson?”

I haven’t seen that anywhere. Odd.

Why haven’t we seen “Rams made a run at Watson?”

I haven’t seen that anywhere. Odd.
because Houston wasn't trying to listen to Goff being part of the trade. Pretty simple.

The Rams have the least amount to offer Houston. Houston is getting a top 10 pick this year by trading Watson.

Guaranteed the Rams called but that lasted probably 48 seconds.

because Houston wasn't trying to listen to Goff being part of the trade. Pretty simple.

The Rams have the least amount to offer Houston. Houston is getting a top 10 pick this year by trading Watson.

Guaranteed the Rams called but that lasted probably 48 seconds.

Ah, the Goff part make sense to a degree. If they weren’t interested in Goff then it is what it is. But if the Rams gave up two 1sts and whatever else it seems the Texans should of been more interested, they could of gotten more in return. Les don’t care.

Still have a 25 year old QB, don’t know what the Texans cap situation is but seemingly most teams could carry this one for a year or two and dump.

Yup, in my mind half of those picks were for Stafford, the other half was for the Lions to take that contract off their hands.

Goff is owed 27.5 million in 2021 and 25 in 2022 if he plays or 10 million in dead cap if he's cut before the season with 0 dollars after 22.

In a world where Jacoby Brissett makes 15 per and Teddy makes 21 I just don't think it's that bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom