2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fundamental football. You force the other team to get a TD especially since that’s the only way they beat you. At least you can live with that situation.
Dumb strategy and poor, unentertaining gamesmanship for fans to watch.

Never seen a team try so hard to only go up by 2... If you can end the game on that field goal then sure, but you’re in a situation where the other team can still get 2-3 plays off. It doesn’t take that much to get into fg territory. Did they not JUST get a 49 yard PI to get themselves into The red zone? :lol:

What am I supposed to be confused about?

This rebuild will take us "3 years" before we're even average.

"Following the Browns blueprint will only take several years"

I'm not confused one bit. Fitz is 38 and will be gone one month from now.

Then we'll take his salary and spend it on 2-3 weapons, then use 5 Top 80ish picks on 2-3 more. (With maybe another IOL)

I wasn't confused last year.
I'm not confused this year.
I'm not confused now.

Y'all watch one game and tell me how we livin. :lol:

C3F68C74-C8B6-4983-B8F2-CE66125BCF4F.jpeg

This benching Tua in these games just shows me that Fitz should've been playing the entire time.

Been talking about this theme in an old season ticket holder group all night.

The proposed trade was a 1st, 3rd and a subsequent year 2nd from the Colts that someone mocked up recently.

Group was split 50-50.

A single 1st though? The fact Belichick offered it up indicates the value swap alone.

Most Raider fans wouldn't even pick up the phone for that man. :smh:

i don't think that much of carr so all those picks would've been an easy decision for me. hell i'd do it for just a 1st, would probably do it for that 2nd too :lol:

mariota + what i presume would be a substantial cap relief to add even more pieces + picks to retool the defense is >>>>> carr

Nobody is trading a 1st OR multiple picks for Carr. :lol:

That is so bogus.

And I said the Raiders shoulda flipped Carr 10 seconds after the Mack trade. But they weren't getting a haul for him, that's dreaming.

Bro you don't know. :lol:

We have documented history on Belichick's trade strategy.

If he offered a late 1st, I think it's fair to infer that Belichick himself thinks it's not good value for the trade partner.

I said no to a 1st and a 3rd, switch the current year 3rd with a 2nd, and a decent later year pick and I'm in.

But I don't want to trade Carr anyway.

Bro you don't know. :lol:

We have documented history on Belichick's trade strategy.

If he offered a late 1st, I think it's fair to infer that Belichick himself thinks it's not good value for the trade partner.

I said no to a 1st and a 3rd, switch the current year 3rd with a 2nd and a next year pick and I'm in.

But I don't want to trade Carr anyway.

Actually, I do.

Jimmy G was traded for a 2nd.
Josh Rosen was traded for a 2nd. (Still on his rookie contract)
Tannehill was traded for a 4th
Foles was traded for.....? (I'm too lazy to look it up)

29-30 year old Carr with his 39-55 record (last year) now 46-63 and makin 22+ mil a year is not netting you multiple picks, or a 1st.

Sorry, it's not happening. Teams would leverage you out to cut him or accept a lower (single) pick.

Jameis and Mariota couldn't net picks.
Wentz likely doesn't get much more than a flier.
Cam......

The list goes on.

Actually, I do.

Jimmy G was traded for a 2nd.
Josh Rosen was traded for a 2nd. (Still on his rookie contract)
Tannehill was traded for a 4th
Foles was traded for.....? (I'm too lazy to look it up)

29-30 year old Carr with his 39-55 record (last year) now 46-63 and makin 22+ mil a year is not netting you multiple picks, or a 1st.

Sorry, it's not happening. Teams would leverage you out to cut him or accept a lower (single) pick.

No *****. You don't. :lol:

I didn't say that trade was going to happen, I said explicitly that's what it would take for me to feel good about a trading him.

If you want to infer Carr's actual trade value from a Josh Rosen trade or whoever else, feel free to. :rofl:

No *****. You don't. :lol:

I didn't say that trade was going to happen, I said explicitly that's what it would take for me to feel good about a trading him.

If you want to infer Carr's trade value from a Josh Rosen trade or whoever else, feel free to.

I'm not sure if you're saying the Belichick trade remor is bull**** or the hypothetical mock trade someone floated on Twitter, but again, if you don't feel Carr is worth a 1st, feel free to.

I'm saying the market been set.

By all means, list the QB trades you've seen that get you a 1st or multiple mid rounders. Go back as far as you need. Favre, Montana, McNabb, anyone else I'm forgetting.

Jameis and Mariota couldn't net picks.
Wentz likely doesn't get much more than a flier.
Cam......

The list goes on.

Didn’t those teams actively want to trade their QB?

Gruden isn’t as quick to move on from Gruden as you are.

Secured bag aside Gruden isn’t in a great spot. With his player acquisition history it would probably take him the entirety of his remaining 10 year contract to source a better QB than Carr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom