2021 NFL Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin Lewis did a very good job in a tough division. They were 2-14 the season before he came in. They went 8-8. Were 8-6 at one point with a shot at the winning that division. He brought respectability to that organization his first season there.

Making the playoffs 7 times and going 0-7 in those playoff games is a legitimate critique. He coached 16 seasons for the Bengals which is unheard of in the NFL. The Bengals are one of the worst ran organizations in all of professional sports and he managed to have success there. I could see him doing well with a more stable organization.

They competed and held their own in a division that’s had two of the best teams in the NFL over the past 20 years in it. Won that division 4 times. I remember they were going to let him go after the 2017 season but Andy Dalton throwing that td to knock the Ravens out the playoffs gave him another year.
I agree. By the end It was time for him to leave..but we always knew we'd look back on Marv and the things he accomplished there all things considered. Those 2004-07 years were some damn fun times :lol:

This franchise was 19-61 (.238) the five years prior to hiring Lewis, and is now 4-23 (.148) and counting since he left .

i can't see us making it but weirder things have happened :lol:

Raiders beating Colts and Dolphins would help yall out, also Dolphins schedule kind of tough looking tbh.

Screenshot_20201209-125840_Samsung Internet.jpg

Sunday gotta be our biggest game since Mexico City right?

I feel really good about our chances if we take care of the Colts this weekend.

Dolphins remaining schedule is brutal.

Beat the Colts at home and we should be able to drop a game down the stretch and still beat out one of the two teams.

We also get in over the Browns if there's a tiebreaker scenario if they happen to stumble bad these last few weeks.

The added playoff spot gonna be a Godsend for someone.

How yall feel about Hue Jackson?

Forever my guy and I'd help pay his salary to bring him in as OC right now.

Marvin just happened to coach in a division that had 2 of the league's most successful franchises of the last 2 decades. Solid coach. Not spectacular, but not bad either.

sheeeeeeeeeet. For the Bengals?? HE WAS SPECTACULAR! During my childhood they were known for great uniforms, but were consistently terrible. Marvin made them respectable and competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom