2021 ANGELS SEASON THREAD

So we ain't exactly charging out of the gate. 
embarassed.gif

Great comeback last night. Santiago pitched well after the first inning. Gave up a couple HRs to Semien but Solo shots won't usually kill you.

Pujols, Cron, Soto all with Clutch at bats late in the game :pimp:

Hoping for a bounceback game from Shoemaker and a sweep.

Last edited:
More of a bullpen problem so far IMO. Remember they had a botched hit and run before Trout hit that shot off the wall. Would've scored a run there.

^ Yeesh. 
mean.gif

"Need to get your season turned around? Get your offense back on track? Head down Katella."

ohwell.gif

3 late leads blown in three consecutive games to a winless team. Might as well try Trout in the pen.

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Teams that can trade for Braun freely have changed; I had wrong list yesterday. List now is LAA, LAD, MIA, AZ, SD, SF. Can block other 23.

:nerd:

So all reports earlier were saying Richards needs Tommy John surgery. Watching the game now and before it started they had a little interview with him and the caption said "May Need"…???

Anyways, I hope we go all in on LIncecum. We need pitching BADLY. Pitching in the AL could pay off.

So all reports earlier were saying Richards needs Tommy John surgery. Watching the game now and before it started they had a little interview with him and the caption said "May Need"…???

Anyways, I hope we go all in on LIncecum. We need pitching BADLY. Pitching in the AL could pay off.
Yea, just saw his interview. Seems like he's gonna try to get a 2nd opinion. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Sign Lincecum, take a look at Danks. Maybe we catch lightning in a bottle with a castoff. 
embarassed.gif

Same here not getting my hopes up at all. As far as I'm concerned he's gone for the year.

You and I are thinking the same exact thing. Text my brother this morning that we should sign Lincecum and take a look at Danks. I don't see anyone in Triple A that would come up and surprise us this year. We need to sign some guys but the Sciosia and Moreno way is to be conservative and use who we got. Hopefully Eppler changes that.

Last edited:
Def not happening! Would be interesting to see what players would be offered for trout though

Man, I hate the growing talks of Trout to anyone else, because my childhood was RIDDLED with guys who I loved as Angels and went on to success elsewhere. I remember one time, I had an entire lineup of SOLID former Angels. Joyner, JT Snow, Luis Polonia, Edmonds, Chili Davis, Luis Sojo, Mark Lansgton, Chuck Finley, Jim Abbott.

And then when we won in 02, there were certain players I wished were on that squad. Hell, JT Snow was actually on the team we beat.

I don't want to think about that with Trout. Things can turn around for a team in baseball far quicker than other teams in other sports.

I know we can turn it around. I agree that we need to focus more on pitching, but I've been saying that for years. Actually, maybe we won't be turning it around anytime soon. 
ohwell.gif
 For years, we've neglected pitching and focused way more on bats.

Lincecum close to signing with the Angels. Just read it could happen today We definitely needed that!

• Angels GM Billy Eppler says Lincecum needs 20-30 days in the minors, according to Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times. That means Lincecum should arrive in mid-June, if everything goes according to plan. His first duties as a member of the Angels will be throwing a simulated game on Monday in Arizona.

• In addition to Lincecum's $2.5 million salary, he can potentially make another $1.67 million in bonuses. From the Associated Press:

Lincecum's free-agent deal with the Angels includes $1,175,000 in performance bonuses and $500,000 in roster bonuses. He would receive $25,000 for making 11 starts, $50,000 for 13, $100,000 for 15, $200,000 for 17 and $400,000 each for 19 and 21 starts.
In addition, he would receive $125,000 each for four, 30, 60 and 90 days on the active roster, excluding disabled list days spent due to a right hip injury

Great signing :pimp:

Hope he can help.

Heading back to CA tomorrow for a couple weeks, gents.

Going to the game against the White Sox Friday, and possibly next Wednesday against the Rangers.

Lil dude's first game since he was 2.

:nthat:

Last edited:
Haven't been to a game at all this year :frown:
Usually go to 5-10 a year especially on giveaway nights. Wife was pregnant, now we have the little one so hopefully in September we can go to one once the Angels start this 15 game winning streak and we get back in the wildcard hunt :nerd:

Back
Top Bottom