2021-22 NFL Off-Season Thread | Training Camp

Will any teams be forced to forfeit games due to COVID-19?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fam gonna come back to NFLN talking that talk but with this resume on his record
holeup (1).png

I'll still listen though. He was good during draft time

Right move for the Raiders. Mayock was mid at best. It’s an appealing job.

He was pretty terrible. Seemed like he always tried to be the smartest man in the room of rooms by reaching thinking he outscouted everybody. Didn't seem to understand value, which probably no one questions if half them guys actually panned out.

Mayock should’ve been retained. His first round picks were bad besides Jacobs really…

But he should’ve

Feuded brought Mayock in. He was GM but I think Gruden had a lot of say and final say in those decisions.

This might have been too much to overcome when it comes to some of our top picks:

Clelin Ferrell 4th overall pick and barely on the field
Damon Arnette - 1st round pick and no longer on the team
Jonatham Abram - 1st round pick and starter but may not be on the team much longer.
Arden Key - 3rd round pick and no longer on the team
Lynn Bowden Jr - 3rd round pick and no longer on the team
Josh Jacobs - Tough to evaluate here. decline in production each season. Uncertainty on future with team.
Alex Leatherwood - i think other scouts had him as a 2nd or 3rd round pick that we got in the 1st and he played like a 2nd or 3rd round pick throughout his rookie season.
PJ Hall - 2nd round pick and not on the team anymore

some good picks tho:
Maxx Crosby
Hunter Renfrow
Tayvon Mullen
Trevon Moherig
Nate Hobbs
Kolton Miller

He’s had his fair share of hits and misses. mI don’t even know where to place Henry Ruggs because he was breaking out before he ****dd up. The Clelin Ferrell pick was horrible then and even worse now.

Schefter on Monday night countdown when reporting about Mayock alluded to Gruden having the final say on personnel.

Yea I wouldn’t put half of the draft stuff on Mayock with Gruden basically running the show.

Schefter on Monday night countdown when reporting about Mayock alluded to Gruden having the final say on personnel.

i was wondering about this. feel like Mayock isn't a bozo and somewhat knows his stuff. a lot of those reaches they've had in the draft might have been head scratchers but at the same time ive always wondered how much was Mayock v Gruden. Gruden def seems like a reacher, but who knows

having listened to mayock talk enough abput the draft, I feel like gruden was checking to see wjo made the championship games and making decisions

cause ain’t even like the dudes who they took had huge games.. but dude was like Alabama was good, we need a tackle let’s take leatherwood

meanwhile most draft folks were saying leatherwood’s best spot might be guard or right tackle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom