2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still remember 2006-07 when we (Philly) went to the dome in NOLA and Sheldon Brown wrecked Reggie Bush on one of the Saints's first offensive plays. Brown and Lito Sheppard, I loved that CB tandem behind Vincent/Taylor of course.

I still remember 2006-07 when we (Philly) went to the dome in NOLA and Sheldon Brown wrecked Reggie Bush on one of the Saints's first offensive plays. Brown and Lito Sheppard, I loved that CB tandem behind Vincent/Taylor of course.

Even had al Harris in the mix before we traded him to the packers

Even had al Harris in the mix before we traded him to the packers
I remember Harris, man. When younger/newer Philly fans complain about our current WR corps, I gotta quickly remind everyone of the struggle times we used to throw the football to guys like Thrash, Pinkston, FredEx and Chad Lewis.

The remnants of Duce, Westbrook and Buckhalter could run harder than some active guys like Wendell Smallwood.

NFL isn’t a league meant for long term success so wouldn’t call the upcoming teams this season frauds. Eagles bad after a Super Bowl win. Giants haven’t had many good seasons outside their 2 Super Bowls. Seahawks had one more deep run and been meh ever since. Packers been mediocre since Rodgers only super bowl win. Broncos have had a lot of bad seasons outside their super bowl season. Falcons been bad-mediocre since that super bowl loss. Pats steady success got people fooled on how tough it is to be consistent contenders in this league.

if what the Packers have done long-term is mediocre then its extremely hard to achieve mediocracy. they made the playoffs 8 years in a row.

if what the Packers have done long-term is mediocre then its extremely hard to achieve mediocracy. they made the playoffs 8 years in a row.
If McCarthy can hold onto his job another season, reinforcements are coming. Gutekunst will be aggressive in reshaping the roster this offseason. He showed his hand by trading Ha Ha and Montgomery, plus Clay and Cobb are coming off the books. Gutekunst overpaid Jimmy, but I understand why he did it looking for a Jordy replacement.

I'm guessing you guys don't bring back Breeland after the one-year deal. While we're at the CB position, feel like King is always injured. How do Packers fans feel about Josh Jackson? Jaire has been one of the better rookies when looking at first-time players in the secondary across the league. Derwin may be the only prospect having a better year than Alexander in the secondary. Big hole at safety after the HCD trade. Whitehead obviously wasn't the answer after the slap vs. Pats.

NFL isn’t a league meant for long term success so wouldn’t call the upcoming teams this season frauds. Eagles bad after a Super Bowl win. Giants haven’t had many good seasons outside their 2 Super Bowls. Seahawks had one more deep run and been meh ever since. Packers been mediocre since Rodgers only super bowl win. Broncos have had a lot of bad seasons outside their super bowl season. Falcons been bad-mediocre since that super bowl loss. Pats steady success got people fooled on how tough it is to be consistent contenders in this league.
I get the point you're trying to make but how have the Seahawks been meh? and the Packers mediocre? Falcons are meh this year but they were 10-6 last year.

Unless your bar for success is literally winning a Super Bowl, I don't see how those 3 teams are examples. They're probably 3 of the winningest teams in the NFC this past decade without looking it up tbh. Record wise

Since Seattle was loosely mentioned, Pete Carroll is an underrated COY candidate. Given their schedule, that is not a 5-5 roster IMO. Mike Solari finally fixed the leaky OL problems. I like Ty Lockett but that WR corps is putrid with Baldwin playing at 85% health. Russ is throwing to random dudes like David Moore. The defense is where I want to point out PC's impact. How do you replace Sherm, Thomas and Kam? The answer is you can't. Carroll has coached up guys like Griffin and Tre Flowers quickly. Seahawks been competitive every game, including pushing the Rams to the brink twice. All with a limited amount of offensive skill players.

Since Seattle was loosely mentioned, Pete Carroll is an underrated COY candidate. Given their schedule, that is not a 5-5 roster IMO. Mike Solari finally fixed the leaky OL problems. I like Ty Lockett but that WR corps is putrid with Baldwin playing at 85% health. Russ is throwing to random dudes like David Moore. The defense is where I want to point out PC's impact. How do you replace Sherm, Thomas and Kam? The answer is you can't. Carroll has coached up guys like Griffin and Tre Flowers quickly. Seahawks been competitive every game, including pushing the Rams to the brink twice. All with a limited amount of offensive skill players.
Lol they seem pretty 5-5 to me. Their schedule hasn't been all that difficult outside the Rams. They nearly lost to the Cards, and played the Lions and Raiders.

Agree that they've been competitive but some of that is just Russ getting late TDs to make the game look closer than it was. They do have limited offensive players though, and one of the worst OCs in the league

Tried to tell folks about that ballhawk, Eddie Jackson. Did it in college, did it in the NFL

4 defensive touchdowns in his first TWO years!!

No. Vikings byke.

That's why I said they're "byke" you moron.

giphy (87).gif

Vikings still byke or did you get overhyped after beating a ****** lions team like a moron?

giphy (90).gif

We used the #12 pick on a backup run stuffing DT. We’ve had some bad draft picks throughout the years but usually they’ve played well at first then dropped off. This dude has sucked balls from the beginning.

I know Koetter has been on the hot seat since last year but this dude will be a big reason that both Koetter AND our GM might lose their jobs this offseason.

Today is an important date in NFL (and Eagles) history.

The play now known as the "Miracle at the Meadowlands" occurred forty years ago today.

It lead to the "victory formation" offense being popularized across the sport.

Today is an important date in NFL (and Eagles) history.

The play now known as the "Miracle at the Meadowlands" occurred forty years ago today.

It lead to the "victory formation" offense being popularized across the sport.

That announcer is wack

champcruthik champcruthik 100% Agree with your post regarding the Bears.

We've been in every single game and haven't trailed in 6 of the 10 games so far. One thing that travels well come December and Jan is a good defense, so they'll have a shot to make some noise.
Top 5 in offense and defense scoring wise.
Roquan still gets lost in coverage some times but he'll get that shored up.
Hicks is a dogg and been that ever since he got here, Mack being here now benefits Akiem sooooo much.

Your one criticism for Nagy is mine as well. I still don't forgive him for going conservative that last drive in Miami and settling for a 53 yard FG attempt on the road for the win. Mitch was gashing that defense through the air, should have given him some more opportunities to push down the field.

I think this Lions game may be the trap game off SUPER short rest. 80 hours or so until they play again, but if they can get through this 3 week NFC North schedule in short rest with a 3-0 record :pimp:

Bears are frauds but then again this while league is full of frauds...16 games regular season with a system that allows teams like the r words, Texans, bears to beat up on crap teams in the same season and you wonder why the product sucks...credit to taking care of business but if you think you all belong in the same sentence as the pats saints rams and chiefs plz pump the brakes

Cool man.

Bye week did me good. Rolled out of bed to grab brunch & got errands done right before 1PM kickoff. Had RZ on all afternoon before I got up to help my girl make Sunday sauce for dinner. Was asleep by halftime of SNF :lol: .

Work been hectic, but missed chatting ball with the OGs.

Champ sighting :wow::pimp:

Crazy Sunday. The Bears are scary good and are my sleeper pic to legit come out the conference. All the intangibles are there. The Aints are hot right now but I know that team to well. When they really need to get it done, they’ll fold. I’m ready to guarantee we beat them at home on Thursday but then again our morale is shot. Dion Jones coming back will be huge for the defense. Our defense being banged up is the reason why we’re even in this position but it is what it is. Pretty sure Drew Brees is gonna win MVP so there’s some type of insurance Saints aren’t winning it all. Eagles suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom