2019 NFL Discussion Thread: StaXX talking to himself

Should @Hahahaha be allowed byke?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
7-3 and first in the North :pimp:

See y’all on Thanksgiving.

Oh, and this for dude who hates the team photos.

295CC03E-61ED-406E-B594-70D96FAFB565.jpeg

#Beardown

Man, Vikings might have really missed their year last year

Saints know they got maybe 1 or max 2 more years with Brees and they're going for it, gotta respect that

If rams don't get healthy quick, trading all them picks could really hurt.. since they gotta resign peters and homeboy from jax (assuming they want to) also think suh is on a 1year deal.. and then whenever kupp will be hismself again

Going be interesting when KC offloads this offseason and starts spending, plus they have their picks plus the rams 2nd

Reactions: HIM
What football experience does Condoleezza Rice have anyway. So caught off guard by that rumor.

The college football committee stuff is all I can think of.. and even that is odd

But if the Browns take 1 for the world and remove her from politics, I'm all for it

But seen it suggested she's more positioning herself to be commissioner or something

When I likened Matt Nagy to Sean McVay and predicted the Bears would make a jump similar to the Rams a year previous, my expectation was not for Chicago to be leading the NFC North at 7-3. The Bears are even ahead of my optimistic curve. I figured they would win 9 games this season, which in itself would be a drastic four-win improvement from 2017. This was truly a statement victory for Nagy in prime time, at home defending Soldier Field. And to think, Chicago's three losses came by a combined 11 points. They should have won their season opener, in spite of Rodgers's heroics, had Fuller held onto the game-clinching INT. Although Fuller has four INT on the season, his ball skills still lack at times. He could easily have six or seven picks through 10 games. Otherwise Fuller is one of my favorite corners to watch in 2018, along with Byron Jones and Casey Hayward. Parkey missed a FG in the Miami L. Kevin White nearly played hero against the Pats to potentially tie the game late. What I'm saying is it's looking more and more like the Bears are for real quicker than most of us expected. I can see them going 3-3 or 4-2 to finish the regular season and win the NFCN. Although that Giants game on the road looks like a trap game sandwiched between a Thanksgiving trip to Detroit and hosting the Rams in prime time at Soldier Field.

Khalil Mack rightfully receives a lot of the defensive attention and credit, but Akiem Hicks has been a monster in Chicago for 2+ years and nobody talks about him enough. So many plays stand out from tonight: Manhandling Murray at the LOS early first quarter, the constant pressure and sack on Cousins, chasing down Cook from behind on the screen to the right.

Amukamara was decent most of the night. Started to get beat in the fourth quarter as Minny was hitting the quick slants. Callahan has been solid in the slot all year. Only play that majorly stood out negatively was Thielen's two-point conversion.

I felt a completely game-changing play for the Vikes was Cousins overthrowing Diggs in the first quarter. Diggs beat Fuller cleanly on the double move and had a good step and a half on Fuller for what should have been an easy pitch-and-catch.

Weatherly caught my eye defensively for the Vikings. Got good pressure once or twice in the second half. Had the huge outside contain on one of Chicago's misdirection plays. Couldn't have played it better.

Taylor Gabriel was everywhere for the Bears. On reverses, catching passes traditionally, etc. That four-year, $26M deal is looking a steal at this point. Gabriel already surpassed his career high for receptions in a season, and will soon do the same for yards.

Mitch can't throw a pick driving, up 14-0. You can afford to throw it away. Play field position and punt (forget if it was even third down). On Harris's second INT, which set up Minny's first FG.

Tarik Cohen has always been my guy. We all knew Nagy would use him like a poor man's Tyreek. Fumble aside, all the speed and width he adds to Chicago's offense opens up the traditional run game for Howard to grind. Bears have their thunder and lightning in that sense.

My one criticism of Nagy is that he does tend to turtle up and call a much more conservative game when the Bears are leading by double digits. Did it in the opener against GB, again tonight vs. Vikes and think he did the same thing in Miami when Chicago blew an 11-point lead Week 6.

Bears are frauds but then again this while league is full of frauds...16 games regular season with a system that allows teams like the r words, Texans, bears to beat up on crap teams in the same season and you wonder why the product sucks...credit to taking care of business but if you think you all belong in the same sentence as the pats saints rams and chiefs plz pump the brakes

Hate it had to be against my squad, but Tre'Quan Smith was one of my favorite players in the draft. Knew Payton would work him into a larger role eventually. Especially given how thin the Saints are at WR. Ginn and Meredith on IR, plus Dez's unfortunate Achilles mishap.

You have to believe the NFC goes through New Orleans. They've got a W on the Rams in their head-to-head. McVay is a young offensive prodigy but I don't know many, if any, who would take him over Payton. There's no way anyone would prefer Goff to Brees in the playoffs either. Plus the Rams haven't performed defensively as good as they look on paper adding Suh, Peters and Talib (injured).

New Orleans's defense has leadership in the form of Jordan and Davis, who is a great tackler. Rankins and Davenport get pressure, and are both getting better with experience. Anzalone makes a crucial play seemingly every week. Marshon is a beast, easy INT for him today playing deep middle on Agholor. Marcus Williams had as good of a rookie campaign as Lattimore, with half the exposure. It's unfortunate and unfair that casual fans will only remember him for the Diggs play. P.J. Williams is up and down but has filled in for Robinson relatively well. Then you add Apple to the mix by trade, who was rejuvenated with the G-Men after a clean slate with Shurmur. Vonn Bell was better last year, but another Buckeye to go with Marshon.

NFL isn’t a league meant for long term success so wouldn’t call the upcoming teams this season frauds. Eagles bad after a Super Bowl win. Giants haven’t had many good seasons outside their 2 Super Bowls. Seahawks had one more deep run and been meh ever since. Packers been mediocre since Rodgers only super bowl win. Broncos have had a lot of bad seasons outside their super bowl season. Falcons been bad-mediocre since that super bowl loss. Pats steady success got people fooled on how tough it is to be consistent contenders in this league.

I'd take mcvay over Payton, right now.. I'd also take the saints to win it all right this very moment, if the playoffs started today

And as far as the saints, if they're at home there is no one I'm taking over them

On the road, I'd have to think about it and see the state of those teams come that point

The combo of Brees and Payton have 1 road playoff in 13 years together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom