2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
Basketball back then was so much more entertaining. I only watch football now and even that’s gotten worse as the defense just can’t even play now without having to remember a million rules about what’s a legal hit and if they accidentally touched the QB with their pinky finger too late.

P PremioBinSoleFlyUnion nice you mentioned Maddux. My second son’s middle name is Maddux :lol: almost made it his first name kid you not.

Basketball back then was so much more entertaining. I only watch football now and even that’s gotten worse as the defense just can’t even play now without having to remember a million rules about what’s a legal hit and if they accidentally touched the QB with their pinky finger too late.

P PremioBinSoleFlyUnion nice you mentioned Maddux. My second son’s middle name is Maddux :lol: almost made it his first name kid you not.
That’s awesome about your son! Analytics, Coaches and PEDs have ruined the MLB and NBA. Rules, Owners, and PEDs have ruined the NHL and NFL. Coronavirus and ESPN have ruined all the rest.

20210107_214111.jpg

20210107_214329.jpg

These are the sets I have that have complete NBA games.

There are also multi-disc "Dynasty" sets for the Lakers, Knicks, Celtics, and 76ers. And there is also an "Essentials" series for a few different teams that have a game or two. I saw one Bulls Essentials that had a playoff game from 2009.

If the games were shot on video-tape they can't improve the quality. If they were shot on film they can scan them to high-definition or 4K. I think the 90s games were on video-tape so there may be no hope for that era.

NBA Entertainment has at least digitally converted the tapes in their vaults. Select games through the 80’s and 90’s were still shot on film. Some of them were used for the championship retrospectives they put out on VHS/DVD years ago. It’s gonna be real special seeing young Bird, Magic, Dr. J, and MJ in 4K one day.
I hope so.

The Last Dance and Michael Jordan to the max were shot on film. They look really good, I'd like to see old games in that quality. But those probably went through a long editing process to clean everything up and make it look like a Hollywood movie.

Never underestimate the power NBC had back then and how it shaped NBA fandom.

Weekends in the 90s were NBA Inside Stuff with Ahmad and then back-to-back games with usually the Bulls on at least one of them. It was so great :lol:

I didn't have to hear Stephen A. Smith's opinion on who is garbage and I didn't have to hear about a debate on whether Michael Jordan was better than Dr. J. The league was pretty much presented as big-time all around...and in my area (midwest) it was cool to pretty much like almost all players, and collect their cards, and wear their Nike gear. Those weekends hearing Marv and Walton on live was like a big deal presentation.

Screenshot_20210111-003035~2.png

Screenshot_20210111-003050~2.png

MJ-Omega-Sign.jpg

Screenshot_20210113-195602~2.png

*This was actually in 1992, as shown with Scottie's back-to-back t-shirt. But real nonetheless.

bc654076b51a2fd5f052a368d18f58a4.jpg

Last edited:
Top 3 play all time :pimp:

One of my favorites is that New Jersey Nets play where he maneuvered through like three players and scored. I need to make a gif of that. Was that in '93?

He has so many great plays I wouldn't know where to start. Of course off the top of my head, the famed 1991 Finals Game 2 jump from the foul line, where he was trying to avoid his old UNC team mate, "long-armed" Sam Perkins lol
I think James Worthy was there too? Maybe not?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom