2019 All Star Black Infrared Air Jordan 6

Where do you prefer the lace lock?

• Total voters
I think there is a quote out there by Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike, who said Tinker, not Michael Jordan, saved Nike Inc.

1987-1997, maybe '98 with the AJ14, was a sneaker renaissance that may never be duplicated (even though the AJ1 is their best selling Jordan of all time, but that may also have to do with cost production and that the sneaker first appeared in 1985, giving it a head start)

This is very true. I think it's because a lot of people dont know where to get other jordan numbers. I remember when I started collecting like 2012-2013 I only bough the ones I could find including team Jordan's etc. I just was uneducated about the market and everything resell was out of my price range I was making $12 hourly lol. But then I got educated about Ebay and fakes etc. I never wear 1s though dont like them much just OG OG colorways and build.

I'll have to go back and look, but from I recall, in Game 4, Magic stepped on Jordan's right toe, causing injury for both of them. Magic ended up limping away as well!

The Bulls medical staff then sliced open the toebox on Jordan's right sneaker, so his bandaged digit wouldn't rub against the inside of the sneaker, thus causing more pain.

When I saw this game again last spring, the camera kept zooming in on the split sneaker and it appeared like Ahmad Rashad (Jordan's close friend) was hyping up the sneaker itself, like a commercial.

It felt like an advertisement, but at the same time having a sneaker you're trying to sell and having it not protect your toes, when Jordan had requested a 'clear toe' instead of the extra layering like the AJ5, didn't seem like a good idea in retrospect.

But visually the AJ6 looks like nothing we had ever seen before. I'll post this again:

469ac7aa4d6f3c766fcdf7e840584b42.jpg

Michael Jordan looks like he's from another planet. Compare his uniform and sneakers to Magic, who still looks like he's in the 1980's, whereas Jordan looks futuristic and dangerous af like a red & black scorpion.

Screenshot_20201026-001300~2.png

1991-06-12-Gm-5-v-LAL-1991-NBA-Finals-Michael-Jordan-dunk-NBAE-Andrew-Bernstein.jpg

401a399989a4196890135bc25b70909b_original.jpg

He changed sports fashion forever.
as much as I love magic, the shoes were garbage

I really don't know how these dudes could put on these shorts every night, it's one of the mysteries of my lifetime.

f9af07bfe9a14804ec3cde1ab7ac72c7.jpg

f14ad0082f5d70ac66d85ede9af8e9fb.jpg

But yeah...

4c67d8ede68a0782f6e52ebe11df8587.jpg

An older woman once told me that back in the early 80's when shorts like this were fashionable for men, it wasn't uncommon to notice a man's balls hanging out of his shorts when he sat down or put his leg up 😣

There’s been far worse; Wilt Chamberlain, Dennis Rodman, Daryl Strawberry, Jose Canseco, Jeremy Roenick, Travis Henry, Marilyn Monroe, Hunter Biden.

I hear ya, but the HIV+ takes it to another level of grodiness. I vividly remember his press conference and the teachers talking to us about it in school the next day. I just recall it made me feel quesy, as we were learning about sex ed at the same time as well 😣

ezgif.com-gif-maker (1).gif

Last edited:
Ok, I have that one and the "Chicago Bulls the 1990s" set.

I really thought they were going to make more of these sets with complete games.
I have always wondered why they didnt do more of that. I seriously would buy damn near all the playoff series in the 90s. Def would buy all those Finals games if they were available. When I was a teenager, I recorded every game I could on TV. I wish there was a way to buy physical copies of games (even reg season). I dont even need special BS packaging. The way I see that is the NBA owns all video from past games. So why not they sell them out?

I have always wondered why they didnt do more of that. I seriously would buy damn near all the playoff series in the 90s. Def would buy all those Finals games if they were available. When I was a teenager, I recorded every game I could on TV. I wish there was a way to buy physical copies of games (even reg season). I dont even need special BS packaging. The way I see that is the NBA owns all video from past games. So why not they sell them out?
Ive thought of this too, but i do wonder if it’s because the video quality is so bad for today’s TVs ? I see these replays on NBA TV and the video is horrible - you can’t HD old footage that was shot on video from what I recall. Now the buying public wants 4k with everything...

Ive thought of this too, but i do wonder if it’s because the video quality is so bad for today’s TVs ? I see these replays on NBA TV and the video is horrible - you can’t HD old footage that was shot on video from what I recall. Now the buying public wants 4k with everything...
They are not todays quality for sure. I watch a lot of old games on NBATV also. I enjoy em. Even the non Bulls games as well. Some games will for sure have better quality than others. Its funny because some of those Bulls games in the 90s have a better picture than some of the early 2000 games.

You would think if they’re able to take old black and white videos colorize them and make them look better there has to be something they can do for basketball games from the 90’s lol
it would be cool to have all the Bulls playoff and Championship games on video or dvd or whatever lol

Back
Top Bottom