• Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
combine numbers are just nice to know

I agree it's just nerdy facts to know about players in the league for convo. Also it reminds me of **** my athleticism is compared to professionals [emoji]128517[/emoji]

Last edited:
Deion Sanders, the Hall of Fame cornerback who went fifth overall in the 1989 draft, said on NFL Network that when he was at the Scouting Combine, he had a very brief interaction with the Giants that he put to an end when he saw the test they wanted him to take.

“They sat me down and gave me a thick book,” Sanders recalled. “I mean, this thing was thicker than a phone book. I said, ‘What’s this?’ They said, ‘This is our test that we give all the players.’ I said, ‘Excuse me, what pick do you have in the draft?’ They said, I think, 10th [actually 18th]. I said, ‘I’ll be gone before then. I’ll see y’all later. I ain’t got time for this.’"

a lot of the metrics are important to certain positions like IATT stated. 

clearly a linemans 40 time doesn't mean anything, as to a DB or WR it's very important.

I could've swore this thread was marveling over the numbers garrett put up over the weekend tho..

Having a good combine doesn't prove you're a good football player, it just proves you're good at exercise.

Very true. OBJ's cousin is a freak of nature in the gym but no one's given him a shot yet.

Jets did for a hot second. He actually had a WWE tryout a few weeks ago.

Speaking of that WWE tryout my brothers best friend was in that tryout with Odells cousin and he was accepted in to the WWE developmental league lol. I think its called NXT or something. But its officially his job which is nuts and I find it super funny. Dude is an animal.

Why doesn't the combine have the players do their drills in pads? That would be a more relavant measure of speed and skillset.

Last edited:
Deion Sanders, the Hall of Fame cornerback who went fifth overall in the 1989 draft, said on NFL Network that when he was at the Scouting Combine, he had a very brief interaction with the Giants that he put to an end when he saw the test they wanted him to take.

“They sat me down and gave me a thick book,” Sanders recalled. “I mean, this thing was thicker than a phone book. I said, ‘What’s this?’ They said, ‘This is our test that we give all the players.’ I said, ‘Excuse me, what pick do you have in the draft?’ They said, I think, 10th [actually 18th]. I said, ‘I’ll be gone before then. I’ll see y’all later. I ain’t got time for this.’"
I would have done the same thing too lol

The combine is overrated
True

Tom-Brady-shirtless-02-15-15.jpg

This guy became the best QB of this generation
He didn't look like one in the combine

Give anyone Bill Belichick, video tapes, non-FDA approved substances and deflated footballs... they'll do work in that system.

Combine numbers are decent to cross match what you're watching on field.

NT looks strong against defense but has no motor. 41 reps but struggles with bag drils and such.

WR blows the top off but struggles against press. Runs a 4.3 but has 5 reps on bench.

It just helps your eyes and brain match what you see on game film.

What's most import from the combine is the interviews. I'm sure that could easily be one of the most entertaining reality TV shows... jusr following these guys in interviews alone. Would be amazing.

Who y'all think in this thread could run the faster 40?

I'd my money on @spacedoodoo since he a younger dude too think that's a safe bet.

I play soccer but I always played as a defender and I haven't run a 40 in a while but I'm sure my 40 is **** especially since I don't eat as well as I used to anymore. If I had to guess for myself right now I'd guess 5.5

a lot of the metrics are important to certain positions like IATT stated. 

clearly a linemans 40 time doesn't mean anything, as to a DB or WR it's very important.

I could've swore this thread was marveling over the numbers garrett put up over the weekend tho..

You go to game film first.. then you use the workout numbers

Take dalvin cook for example, teams gotta figure out why his numbers in the drills were so poor

Also if a guys numbers are too poor, that limits what you're willing to trust them with until they prove differently.. can't have a corner running slower than 4.7 on the outside

Or a lb slower than 4.8 in coverage.. not all guys are playing in the same systems or same responsibilities or even similar levels of opponents, so need to put everyone through similar drills and see how they work out

Last edited:

I'd my money on @spacedoodoo since he a younger dude too think that's a safe bet.

I play soccer but I always played as a defender and I haven't run a 40 in a while but I'm sure my 40 is **** especially since I don't eat as well as I used to anymore. If I had to guess for myself right now I'd guess 5.5

Lord DooDoo makes people carrying him through the 40 yard dash

My fastest 100 was 10.65.. I think I could still get under 4.6

Also with a decent amount of these dudes their form is killing them on their 40s

I ran a 4.8 at my senior year of high school
That was 7 years ago

I'm still clocking a sub 4.4 these days

per pint at the bar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom