• Dallas Cowboys

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Xbox is doing just fine they aren't going under any time soon :lol

Idk man. The Scorpio is supposed to be their "last" system. Apparently it's upgradable so the consumer won't have to need another system and it's gonna cost $700 dollars. Sound fishy to me. Not to mention that lead they gain during the PS3/360 era is gone. Sony is killing them in console sales this gen.

On the end of console generations

"The future of Xbox looks a lot like PC gaming." That's what Engadget editor Nathan Ingraham wrote after speaking with Phil Spencer earlier this year. Spencer spoke about wanting to see a steady stream of hardware innovation rather than seven-year gaps between consoles, citing the smartphone market as inspiration. Greenberg went one step further. In his opinion, this is the last console generation. "We think the future is without console generations," he said, explaining that Project Scorpio was a "big bet" that gamers will embrace that notion.

Q: The Xbox platform has moved forward to have such regular updates and new features coming all the time. It kind of seems like hardware is going the same way. There was a very short gap between the Xbox One and the Xbox One S, and we're probably talking an even shorter gap before Project Scorpio. Do you see a future of console upgrades continually happening? Is this the last console generation?

Greenberg: I think it is. ... For us, we think the future is without console generations; we think that the ability to build a library, a community, to be able to iterate with the hardware -- we're making a pretty big bet on that with Project Scorpio. We're basically saying, "This isn't a new generation; everything you have continues forward and it works." We think of this as a family of devices.

Gamers aren't dropping anything over $400 on a upgraded Xbox One. All that future talk is cool but won't sell the console right now. It will fail.

I need those AMD dudes to break down the Xbox Scoprio for me. I've been holding off from upgrading my OG One because of that. Reading about how its gonna have Ryzen/Vega CPU or something and Microsoft wants to change the entire console game and take on some PC evolution of gaming. Or something.

I need those AMD dudes to break down the Xbox Scoprio for me. I've been holding off from upgrading my OG One because of that. Reading about how its gonna have Ryzen/Vega CPU or something and Microsoft wants to change the entire console game and take on some PC evolution of gaming. Or something.

It's essentially a PC. Why invest it that when you can get yourself a PC with a much larger gaming library? Instead of being stuck to whatever Microsoft offers. Makes no sense as a consumer.

I read its gonna be $100 more than PS Pro but theres really no point in arguing that until the price is actually announced.

I haven't upgraded to the S either... waiting for Scorpio/reviews/information/games.

No offense to anyone named Mitchell, but no way I'm calling someone Mitchell.

Either Mitch or a nickname.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom