2017 NBA Playoffs Thread - CLE @ BOS Game 5 on TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Draymond Green better than Charles Barkley? That's quite a bit of a stretch there.

Dray isn't close to the offensive player Barkley was, but Dray is a better rebounder, passer and defender. Barkley was able to get his own shot when needed and could put a team on his back. Not sure if Dray could do the same.

I guess, what you have to ask yourself is what's more important you? I think having someone like Draymond on your team brings you a player with more intangbles, who will have an immediate impact on the team without leaving a large offensive footprint on that side of the ball. Works especially well if you already have 1-2 guys who can score at will.

But if you're in need of offensive output, then Barkley would be your guy. Dray def is more valuable in today's NBA for sure. Much more a dynamic player than Barkjley ever was. Still wouldn't say one is better than the other.

tumblr_opa2rfQ6Ln1rj08vgo1_1280.jpg

I appreciate PP but now every time I see him all I think is "You ain't Kobe bro"

they dont luh you like dat

Nah Chuck was definitely the better rebounder. Playmaking might even be a push.

I always believed Chuck's rebounding "prowess" was exaggerated because of his size. People couldn't get over how a 6'4" guy was out rebounding guys 5-6 inches taller than him. But he wasn't a slouch on the boards. It's just peple make him out to be Wilt Chamberlain rebounding or something :lol:

The playmaking I'm def giving it to Draymond.

Last edited:
i'm as competitive as anybody i know or know of.

with that said

the ultimate game is life.

no way on earth I'm leaving 200 milly on the table for a ring. You know how many rings 200 buys?

and then if you invest it right? fam.

take the money. take care of your fam, maybe have another little one. you win life. there.

I disagree.

If i'm a player like Chris Paul whose already made hundreds of millions of dollars throughout his career, i'd take a 40 mill paycut to play for a team that has a much higher chance of winning to cement my legacy.

Last edited:
I always believed Chuck's rebounding "prowess" was exaggerated because of his size. People couldn't get over how a 6'4" guy was out rebounding guys 5-6 inches taller than him. But he wasn't a slouch on the boards. It's just peple make him out to be Wilt Chamberlain rebounding or something
laugh.gif

The playmaking I'm def giving it to Draymond.
how old are you?

Charles career rebounding avgs are 11.7.  One season avg 14.  Had another avg'ing 13.  Career high 33.  YES he was an AMAZING rebounder.  Thats A LOT of rebounds for any height.

i'm as competitive as anybody i know or know of.

with that said

the ultimate game is life.

no way on earth I'm leaving 200 milly on the table for a ring. You know how many rings 200 buys?

and then if you invest it right? fam.

take the money. take care of your fam, maybe have another little one. you win life. there.

Easy to say and think this way when you don't have to feel or hear the pressure everyday of your life. The social pressures these guys go through can push people to do things they don't even want to do.

Again, Barkely is speaking from hindsight and we all know that hindsight is 20/20.

how old are you?

Charles career rebounding avgs are 11.7.  One season avg 14.  Had another avg'ing 13.  Career high 33.  YES he was an AMAZING rebounder.  Thats A LOT of rebounds for any height.

QFT. Gotta start IDing dudes around here.

No where on planet earth is draymond green a better rebounder than a cat who's nickname was the round mound of rebound

I disagree.

If i'm a player like Chris Paul whose already made hundreds of millions of dollars throughout his career, i'd take a 40 mill paycut to play for a team that has a much higher chance of winning to cement my legacy.

That's not proven.

That paycheck, that contract is proven!

You take that huge paycut to HOPE to win a ring, then you don't win a ring.

And you might have a career ending injury. Then what?

"Should've took the money"

Last edited:
For a player like Chris Paul who already has enough money from past contracts and current endorsements, taking a paycut isn't THAT big of a deal.

Now if you're a player like David West and take a paycut then you're just ******ed.

Last edited:
While I agree on taking the money.

Taking care of his family is out the question.

They been taken care of for about 2-3 generations by now with CP3 kind of money.

Like the above post. David West is different. But CP3 is stupid dumb rich.

At this point, winning probably comes over the money give or take. But if it is like 50 million difference. Got to stay on that one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom