2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Nothing compared to this dude Michael Adams in 1990-91 doe, a 5'10 Denver Nuggets guard barely anyone heard of:

26.5 points per game
10.5 assists per game
3.9 rebounds
2.2 steals

over 66 games. The GOAT hidden anomaly season.

Context is always key. That Nuggets team played at a 113.7 pace. The league average that season was 97.8. They were a full ten possessions ahead of the second-fastest team. They averaged 120 points per game (and gave up 131). They played literally no defense.

At least Barros can say his team played at a below-average pace. He just shot a lot of threes (and made almost half of them).

Regardless of all of what you are saying.

To shoot 46% from 3 was still impressive. ven though I think that was the short line year

I wasn't disparaging his three-point shooting, was just commenting on how bizarre a season it was. And, yes, that was the first year of the short three-point line.

CtduqWiWcAA2AdU.jpg

[emoji]129300[/emoji]

those clips of klay and durant in shooting practice are scary. beta kd had to mess up the shooting streak tho. but its crazy seeing. klay is literally effortlessly shooting 3s. he wasn't even setting his feet. literally run to the line and fire soon as he catches, half the time with a broken form and still refused to even touch the rim. that is SCARY

edit: just in case someone hasnt seen it. embed if u know how

and

Last edited:

didn't big Z have a similar injury in his first few years in the league? He went out and carved out a pretty good career.
Yup and he's mentoring him now

https://larrybrownsports.com/basket...oring-joel-embiid-sixers-training-camp/324912

Interview from today after practice

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1yoKMrWVbyRGQ
I notice you've been super active in here man.

You've been grouchy AF for like 2 years, nice to get some positive vibes from you.

I look forward to your posts this upcoming season, Phila has all kinds of intrigue.

Good luck man, may the health Gods be with the Sixers.

Boston, Toronto, Indiana,and Cleveland are the only clear favorites. a top 4/ 5 seed seems realistic but it will be very competitive against NYC, Chicago, and Atlanta.

On paper, I imagine it being the following:

1.Boston
2.Cleveland (they will take nights off and Mo Will's retirement will hurt them KIDDING)
3.Toronto
4.Indiana
5.NYC
6.Atlanta
7.Chicago
8. Detroit

Milwaukee, Charlotte, Washington and Orlando will just miss it.

Same list as me. Good thinking.

^^^ Cat Barber :smokin

I hope he finds a good 6th man role with the Sixers. Having Saric and Simmons as playmakers should compliment his score first mentality.

Cat Barber is in the NBA? He didn't even get drafted. Maybe he was killing in Summer League.

Sucks to say but I don't think the Bucks will be in playoff contention. Middleton's injury cripples them as a team. Not sure how they overcome the lack of shooting. Teletovic and Grandpa Terry aren't going to cut it.

Giannis will ball out though. Borderline all star.

Last edited:
Stupid *** dumb *** *****

Please let someone come in here and defend this piece of **** thot. Trying to ruin people lives, take their money and slander their names. I hate lying *** chicks like this more than anybody in the world.

Cruel as world we live in bro. Her identity will still be protected as well. Still don't understand why people who make false rape allegations aren't incriminated themselves

Last edited:
Your bugging the hell out if you think anyone is taking that #1 seed from Cleveland ESPECIALLY Boston. For the past 5 years or so Lebron's have ALWAYS taken "nights off" but his teams have always ended up being the best in the Eastern Conference. Cleveland winning no less than 55 games Boston not winning more than that

Last edited:
those clips of klay and durant in shooting practice are scary. beta kd had to mess up the shooting streak tho. but its crazy seeing. klay is literally effortlessly shooting 3s. he wasn't even setting his feet. literally run to the line and fire soon as he catches, half the time with a broken form and still refused to even touch the rim. that is SCARY

edit: just in case someone hasnt seen it. embed if u know how

and

jimmy-mcnulty.gif

http://thewhitebronco.com/gabriela-chavez-declaration/

Also, on the issue of perjury

“To me, I think we have a super team here,” Pierce stated at Clippers media day on Monday. “You look at Chris Paul who’s been first-team all-NBA … Blake Griffin first-team … DeAndre Jordan currently first-team All-NBA.

“I mean how many teams can currently say that? You have the best three-point shooter in the NBA (J.J. Redick). You have the Sixth Man of the Year (Jamal Crawford). I mean why is this not a super team? What defines super team? When you look at those stats and you hear when I’m saying, this could very well easily be what’s considered a super team.”

Pierce conceded that the Warriors are also a super team, and added that Derrick Rose said the Knicks are. That leaves three of them, by his unofficial count, and his focus now is helping the Clippers stand out of the pack. […] “I don’t know how many super teams are out there, but there’s definitely three,” Pierce said, laughing. “Now I get an opportunity to play on another one on the Los Angeles Clippers. We just have to go out there and win it now, so we can be kind of inked into the history books as one of the great super teams.”

Last edited:
Anyone know if Wizards tickets are cheap? I wouldn't mind catching a Wizards/Kings game...I know when the Warriors come to town it'll be super expenisve.

Back
Top Bottom