2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

CDR wore his shorts that high for a whole season I think :lol:

No one really noticed because he barely played.

Oh, we noticed it in LA.

CDR looks like such a lame. Wanna punch him in the face already.

Ready for the season to start. Season tix came in last week. I'm in the 200's this year :pimp:

CDR looks like such a lame. Wanna punch him in the face already.

Seriously. He looks like he cant figure out what decade he wants to live in.

[quote name="erupt107th"] CDR hasn't made a shot yet this season. You can't wear your shorts that high and be awful.[/quote]

Last edited:
Bosh should be announcing his retirement soon. This don't sound good at all. He's had a great career, no reason to take that risk.

As much as it annoyed me to see him bail out Miami (LeBron years) by hitting that top of the key or high elbow shot while the clock was about to expire.

It saddens me to hear that he's forced to retire. I really hope someone out there will figure out a way to get him back on the court. He's got way too much left in the tank to walk away.

You never want to see someone cut their careers far too soon.

Last edited:
I fell for it last year.

Not this year my friend. I had them high. This year, I know what to expect. Only mentally tough guys on that team are in suits, Coaching

eh, I felt like last year was too early. I felt like more people were drinking the Milwaukee kool-aid before Detroit.

Detroit made their first playoff apperance last year after missing it for 6 straight seasons. I wasn't expecting them to go from not making the playoffs to a Eastern Conference powerhouse :lol: . This year seems to be the year they take another step forward considering they will have Tobias for a full year, Drummond adds another year and Stanley Johnson gets his 2nd year and should be better.

I really like their team, but hate their backcourt depth. Outside of Reggie and KCP, I'm not confident in their reserves. Their frontcourt reserves looks solid with Stanley, Leuer, Baynes/Marjanovic.

Last edited:
The future
pimp.gif
This line up would stop GSW.
Thats a sad story man

I fell for it last year.

Not this year my friend. I had them high. This year, I know what to expect. Only mentally tough guys on that team are in suits, Coaching

eh, I felt like last year was too early. I felt like more people were drinking the Milwaukee kool-aid before Detroit.

Detroit made their first playoff apperance last year after missing it for 6 straight seasons. I wasn't expecting them to go from not making the playoffs to a Eastern Conference powerhouse :lol: . This year seems to be the year they take another step forward considering they will have Tobias for a full year, Drummond adds another year and Stanley Johnson gets his 2nd year and should be better.

I really like their team, but hate their backcourt depth. Outside of Reggie and KCP, I'm not confident in their reserves. Their frontcourt reserves looks solid with Stanley, Leuer, Baynes/Marjanovic.

dont forget Ish smith.

Dana Barros NBA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barroda01.html

In 94-95, this dude Dana Barros shot 46% from 3; on 5.4 attempts per game. For THAT day , that is crazy

Curently watching

Funny moment: the random Rockets player walking onto the court during the final possession lol

Here's the video cued to that possession. Just pay attention to the Rockets' bench. Dude just strolls onto the court, is definitely engaged in the action, and nobody notices.

I fell for it last year.

Another reason why I am not too high on them is having Drummond as your best player. I haven't seen too many games of his, but I don't see a superstar in him. Unless he adds to his offensive arsenal, the potential of that team will be limited.

They can make it work out if they follow the blueprint of the 04 Pistons. League best defense and team oriented basketball. But just like you said, it's the mental toughness that's lacking. That 04 team was full of solid leaders (Chauncy and RIP), tough players (Prince and Ben), and a little bit of crazy (Sheed).

I see Chicago underachieving and having a bad year. Wade rondo and butler. All those dudes want to control the ball. It's not like wade is younger when he was with Lebron and was a slasher. I think that lineup doesn't mesh right and is a disappointment.

Damn. Paul Pierce leaving too. He's gonna give us 1 more year of struggle ball before he says suwoop off into the distance.
Literally every player I grew up watching bouta be off in the sunset. All these old hoopers. Least we still got Serge and Thon and Bismack to keep the old head section popping in the all star weekend cafeteria.

I fell for it last year.

You sound like me, last year.

We shall see

Dana Barros NBA Stats | Basketball-Reference.com http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/barroda01.html

In 94-95, this dude Dana Barros shot 46% from 3; on 5.4 attempts per game. For THAT day , that is crazy

Dana Barros' 1994-95 season is quite an anomaly. He played 40.5 minutes per game on a dog crap, post-Barkley/pre-Iverson Sixers team. He had the green light all season and averaged 20 points per game. He never averaged more than 13 any other season. He had a 50--point game and was an All-Star.

I fell for it last year.

Fell for it last year though? :lol:

Yep.
They weren't some "young pups" team last year bro.At all.

On paper, hell we won't even talk about on paper, we're talking about the East here man.

They were a top 5 team in the East by any measure, to begin the season. Drummond finished the season fat. Reggie had heart but he's dumb with the ball 3/4 possessions. SVG can only point and instruct, he can't play for them, if he could, then ignoring him would be cool because he'd just Lebron his way to the ECF like a boss who rides bikes with flat bill caps.
Anyway, Pistons will be lucky if they are a Fringe playoff team again. Dudes don't want it. They're the OKC of the East on their best day and the Josh Smith Pistons on their worst. Who knows which team you get on any given night.

Last edited:
Def getting league pass for the first time this year, dependent on a few things. 

1. How many teams can I choose.... 3 would be ideal for me 

2. Can I stream online via computer/smart tv?

3. How much am I looking at. 

Lastly I would like to know for those of you who have done it, what are the pros/cons. Will you do again?

Back
Top Bottom