2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Steph probably sacrifices a lot more than Klay, for KD and they'll probably play at about a little slower pace than before

Why would they slow the pace?

Kd is fine at doing work on like 15 shots. There were some games last season where it seemed like he was almost doing it deliberately, like he was getting ready for this moment.

He was usually a catch and shoot, then started to come off screens with the ball.

These playoffs showed he can create his own shot now. That 45 point game against Thunder sealed the deal.
Ehhh a lot of it was bad D. I think Klay's overrated though but that's another discussion for another day. It's just gonna be interesting to see three, ball--dominant (pause) wing players who are used to getting close to 20 shots a game are going to coincide though.

He was usually a catch and shoot, then started to come off screens with the ball.

These playoffs showed he can create his own shot now. That 45 point game against Thunder sealed the deal.

Ehhh a lot of it was bad D. I think Klay's overrated though but that's another discussion for another day. It's just gonna be interesting to see three, ball--dominant (pause) wing players who are used to getting close to 20 shots a game are going to coincide though.

It'll workout. I don't see why people are doubting them when Celtics and Heat just proved that multiple ball dominant players can still win Championships.

Lakers also did it in the 2000s. Countless games where Kobe & Shaq had 70-80 point together.

Last edited:

It'll workout. I don't see why people are doubting them when Celtics and Heat just proved that multiple ball dominant players can still win Championships.

Lakers also did it in the 2000s. Countless games where Kobe & Shaq had 70-80 point together.
Those mostly were two ball dominant guards and a front court star though kinda not comparable but we shall see

Why would they slow the pace?

Kd is fine at doing work on like 15 shots. There were some games last season where it seemed like he was almost doing it deliberately, like he was getting ready for this moment.
Their bigs probably won't be able to be/get acclimated to the Warriors pace so easily, another high USG player to account for and take the ball out of Steph's hands probably changes the pace a little. They can't get much higher in terms of pace, I would guess that it would still be around the same pace or maybe a note under

Steph probably sacrifices a lot more than Klay, for KD and they'll probably play at about a little slower pace than before

In order for it to work Klay has to fall back. He's the worse outta the 3 scorers. Steph is better and way more consistant than Klay. I wouldn't want him sacrificing that much. Klay is a great catch and shoot player, he shouldn't have a problem with it. I hope he don't think KD is gonna be the 3rd man. :lol:

Last edited:
In order for it to work Klay has to fall back. He's the worse outta the 3 scorers. Steph is better and way more consistant than Klay. I wouldn't want him sacrificing that much. Klay is a great catch and shoot player, he shouldn't have a problem with it. I hope he don't think KD is gonna be the 3rd man. :lol:
Only got one basketball, higher USG player probably takes the hit

Klay will catch and shoot, that's going to be his role. Steph needs to facilitate more for this to work though. KD can do what Barnes did 1000000000000000000x better. KD's height, wingspan, and range will stretch the floor out even more for GSW so they need to learn not to rely on the 3. Draymond should eat in the highpost and lower. I need KD to go on a tear this season though, show he got somethin to prove and take no prisoners.

Only got one basketball, higher USG player probably takes the hit

I'm trying to tell people man..between those three AND Dray, it's gonna be pretty interesting to watch the chemistry between them as the season goes along. Like many said, it's only one ball and dudes can say all they want about "all I care about is rings" but nah, they still wanna get buckets

I see this team turning more into the championship run Boston Celtics than the Heat as far as "Super Teams" go. This team just loves to share the ball and I certainly don't think anyone "sacrificing" will be as big of a deal as we are making this out to be. I don't remember that being the case with the Celtics.

Ball dominant isn't really the right word to describe the core 4. They all play off the ball a ton or make quick decisions with the ball. These aren't guys that both like to PNR or two guys that can't shoot or 2 guys that post up. The skills don't really clash at all.

All four of the Warriors top players have played in the Olympics where they've had to sacrifice their usual amount of scoring/shots for the better of the team, and three of them will actually be coming into the season having already done that together this summer. You guys want to see the Warriors fail so damn bad.

All four of the Warriors top players have played in the Olympics where they've had to sacrifice their usual amount of scoring/shots for the better of the team, and three of them will actually be coming into the season having already done that together this summer. You guys want to see the Warriors fail so damn bad.
Olympic ball is somewhat similar but not really the same though going against not so great competition. All I know is if the Heatles and Celtics can't win it all their first season together, the Warriors can't do it.

But then again, Steph did get the first ever unanimous MVP ever so who knows 
laugh.gif
. NBA is so weird now b

Last edited:
I see this team turning more into the championship run Boston Celtics than the Heat as far as "Super Teams" go. This team just loves to share the ball and I certainly don't think anyone "sacrificing" will be as big of a deal as we are making this out to be. I don't remember that being the case with the Celtics.

Was just about to say this :lol:. I don't see this team having the same growing pains as the Heatles which was mostly because their two best players couldn't shoot. They'll come out the gates like that Boston team. They're gonna get so many open looks it's gonna be stupid :smh:. It's really gonna be the best team ever I don't think people understand. That steph/klay/Iggy/kd/dray lineup....:x. As many blowouts as they had last season they are gonna skate thru the regular season this year

Olympic ball is somewhat similar but not really the same though going against not so great competition. All I know is if the Heatles and Celtics can't win it all their first season together, the Warriors can't do it.

But then again, Steph did get the first ever unanimous MVP ever so who knows :lol: . NBA is so weird now b

C's did win it all their first year tho and went from a worst place team to a first place team. They were on pace to win like 70 games after the first two months. I hate Boston but that was one of the greatest runs ever

Last edited:
All I know is if the Heatles and Celtics can't win it all their first season together, the Warriors can't do it.

Huh? The Celtics got off to a 29-3 start right out of the gate and went on to win 66 games and the chip.

Miami struggled initially though, they started 9-8 and had to figure out how to make the pieces click. But GSW's pieces are more of a natural fit than Miami's were.

Last edited:

Was just about to say this
laugh.gif
. I don't see this team having the same growing pains as the Heatles which was mostly because their two best players couldn't shoot. They'll come out the gates like that Boston team. They're gonna get so many open looks it's gonna be stupid
mean.gif
. It's really gonna be the best team ever I don't think people understand. That steph/klay/Iggy/kd/dray lineup....
sick.gif
. As many blowouts as they had last season they are gonna skate thru the regular season this year

But then again, Steph did get the first ever unanimous MVP ever so who knows 
laugh.gif
. NBA is so weird now b
C's did win it all their first year tho and went from a worst place team to a first place team. They were on pace to win like 70 games after the first two months. I hate Boston but that was one of the greatest runs ever

All I know is if the Heatles and Celtics can't win it all their first season together, the Warriors can't do it.
Huh? The Celtics got off to a 29-3 start right out of the gate and went on to win 66 games and the chip.

Miami struggled initially though, they started 9-8 and had to figure out how to make the pieces click. But GSW's pieces are more of a natural fit than Miami's were.
Damn for some reason I didn't think they won the ship their first year out the gate. Got their second season mixed up with their first. Damn son that was so long ago I was still in high school. That scoring power gonna be ridiculous regardless on GSW. If Curry turns into a 20/10 guy its wraps

Yea steph should definitely have a career high in assists.

I love super teams man :lol:. That heat team was great to watch. Straight toying with teams and letting them get a 15 point lead going into the 4th only to run them out the building. Even the GP/Malone lakers had moments where it was unfair. This gsw team is a totally different monster tho.

Last edited:
Yeah the next season they started 27-2 and then hit a little bit of a rough stretch and then KG got hurt and that was that.

Didn't mean it as a fault to the Warriors, just saying Steph would probably sacrifice more than Klay. Not that serious

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom