2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

next year is time to get curry in the purple and gold where he belongs.
According to your own fanbase, y'all dont want anyone:
Sorry guys, but I don't want Westbrook. I understand he's a good player but I don't think he's a good fit for such a young team. He's way too reckless, IMO.
Didn't want Dwight, Carmelo, Wade, Lebron, KD, Chris Paul, and now Westbrook. Have fun with Harrison Barnes and Festus Ezeli
Lakers fans don't want anyone but expect to get everyone 
laugh.gif

Lakers fans don't want anyone but expect to get everyone :lol:

Not true. But at the start of the 2019 season when we trot out a starting 5 of D'Lo-Westbrook-Ingram-PG13-Whiteside and get to the Western Conference Finals against the Wolves don't say you weren't warned.

Horford has been linked to OKC because of Donovan. "Supposedly" he'd take less to play for him and play for rings. Still don't know how they can make that happen though.

Lakers fans don't want anyone but expect to get everyone 
laugh.gif
Not true. But at the start of the 2019 season when we trot out a starting 5 of D'Lo-Westbrook-Ingram-PG13-Whiteside and get to the Western Conference Finals against the Wolves don't say you weren't warned.
@JD617  I'm not good at remembering hilarious posts years later, so I'm gonna need you to save this one and trot it out in 2019 when the lakers don't trout out that starting 5.

Renounce waiters ($6,777,589).. Cut ersan ($8.4)

Frees up more money.. I also think morrow's deal isn't guaranteed ($3,488,000)

Then you sign and trade with kanter I guess ($17,145,838)

Last edited:
hmmmm. Could it be that Ibaka trade helps them make it happen?

A lot of what ifs, but knowing there are alot of secret handshakes and deals being done behind the scenes, I would not be surprised.

OKC is at 60 mil in committed money right now with 10 guys, not counting the team options on Morrow, Ilyasova or Waiters qualifying offer. KD's cap hold is at 26 million so that puts them at 86 which leaves 8 million in cap room.

Kanter makes 17.1 mil even if you trade him and take back no salary that only gets you to 25, now I know Big Al loves Billy D, but a 5 million dollar paycut that accumulates to 20+ over the life of the deal, I don't know about that.

Last edited:
OKC is at 60 mil in committed money right now with 10 guys, not counting the team options on Morrow, Ilyasova or Waiters qualifying offer. KD's cap hold is at 26 million so that puts them at 86 which leaves 8 million in cap room.

That 60 is with those 3

Who account for $18,665,589

Kanter makes 17.1 mil even if you trade him and take back no salary that only gets you to 25, now I know Big Al loves Billy D, but a 5 million dollar paycut that accumulates to 20+ over the life of the deal, I don't know about that.

backload it maybe? Someone would take him with 2 years remaining knowing his contract is about to expire. He could be valuable that way.

That 60 is with those 3

Who account for $18,665,589

No it isn't I just added it up. That's for Westbrook, Kanter, Vic, Singler, Collison, Adams, Roberson, Payne, McGary, Huestis, and I didn't add Sabonis who is making 1.8 so really is 62. Hoopshype doesn't put team options or qualifying options into the cap number.

Last edited:
Didn't he win ROY though, I think he needed more time.
ROY goes to whichever rookie has the best stats. Not hard to do on that Philly team which was arguably the least talented team of all time. There's a reason Milwaukee is already trying to deal him.

No it isn't I just added it up. That's for Westbrook, Kanter, Vic, Singler, Collison, Adams, Roberson, Payne, McGary, Huestis, and I didn't add Sabonis who is making 1.8 so really is 62. Hoopshype doesn't put team options or qualifying options into the cap number.

You're right.. My bad

I don't want to see Kanter go.

Horford is buns on defense too, what can he do that Kanter can't, stretch?
He damn sure can't rebound like Kanter.
I'd take Kanters rbs overs Horford's stretch

Last edited:

Lakers fans don't want anyone but expect to get everyone :lol:

JD617 @FinallyFamous I'm not good at remembering hilarious posts years later, so I'm gonna need you to save this one and trot it out in 2019 when the lakers don't trout out that starting 5.

Fixed.

Back
Top Bottom