2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I would see what his value is and still try to trade him. If they had to keep him I wouldn't be mad at Dunn being eased in. I actually forgot he is 22

I suppose it's also a matter of who they can get at PG via free agency. I wouldn't like going into the season with Dunn and Tyus Jones as his backup.

Which teams besides Memphis could Rubio potentially end up on. His contract is pretty long so whoever trades for him will have to be invested

Also what is the market for rondo? Thought he was washed but he didn't play bad at all, just didn't win at all either. Wonder which teams might still want him

Majority of teams have their starting pg already... Point guards like Rubio and rondo are interesting in today's game

Last edited:
Which teams besides Memphis could Rubio potentially end up on. His contract is pretty long so whoever trades for him will have to be invested

Also what is the market for rondo? Thought he was washed but he didn't play bad at all, just didn't win at all either. Wonder which teams might still want him

Majority of teams have their starting pg already... Point guards like Rubio and rondo are interesting in today's game
Rondo to philly bro

Wade is 34, i think he ran out of gas and idk how Coach Spo was managing his minutes. If they wanted a Jordanesque performance from him every night idk what to tell heat fans. Dragic turned into Tragic in game 7. They need a young up and coming role player that could eventually turn into a star, but Wade isn't built like that anymore to carry and have 40 point games consistently. Also, they need a better backup for Whiteside incase he gets into foul trouble.

Philly, nets, bulls

Winslow shot like Finals Harrison Barnes for the entire season. That **** is broke and I don't see it being fixed very much. He played good defense but his offense was such a liability for them. Really don't think he's going to be anything more than a role player.

Also, Sixers said they want a "non-traditional point guard that can shoot" to put alongside Simmons....Rubio and Rondo are the complete opposite of that.

Last edited:

This is the ultimate question, who would be interested in Rubio..

His contract isn't that bad when you consider what is getting thrown around for these guys now.. And I've heard waiters getting 10+ mill per

I think minny should get a cheap option to fill that starting spot until Dunn is ready

Maybe use Rubio to offload pek's contract, if they could pull that off

I have a feeling if they do trade Rubio that they sign Augustin to do just that -- Be the stopgap until Dunn is ready.

This team needs some damn shooters though.

Last edited:
Unless a team is looking to swap their PG, we are looking at:
Brooklyn
Memphis
Sacramento
Chicago

Teams where it might make sense to trade/ upgrade their PG spot:
New Orleans
Orlando
Milwaukee (they may also be looking for non-traditional PGs who can shoot)
Dallas (Rondo's style of play did not fit in at all with the System so we can expect the same with Rubio.)
Houston

On another note isn't Ty Lawson a free agent as well? Do you think he still has a place in the league?

Ty Lawson is done. I thought the Rockets had a steal when they picked him up last year, but he was a bum. Still only 28, but man, the cliff came fast

Hard to think of a faster fall off for a under 30 player than Ty Lawson.

He was good just two years ago.

Lawson predicated his game on speed and quickness... the lifestyle choices caught up to him. He probably doesn't even care anymore

Remember that one vlog he posted.. dude seems like a tool lol

Just a couple seasons ago Lawson was putting up 15/10 on league average shooting.

Life comes at you fast.

Why would Wolves trade Rubio right now just to have to find a replacement.

Makes no sense to me..seems like he will be more tradeable in 2 years after the cap explodes and picking up  his contract is  a steal on top of what you get.

No way they trade him.

Ricky's contract expires 2 years from now? No need to rush and trade him then.

If someone comes to them with a good deal then they should do it but there's no need to start looking to offload him.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom