2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Well you aren't just flat out saying it, that's for sure.

They flat out said how they feel.

You're just insinuating that you think they have some reasoning behind what they've said.

So yes you are dancing.

What exactly do you think these folks ought to come out and "really say", since what they said isn't what they meant, according to you

They either don't understand how silly their comparisons are or are just deflecting from their true feelings - either not wanting the NBA to do anything political at all or that there's nothing wrong with the Bill passed. Pretty sure that was obvious by the way the initial post was phrased.

That's better.
I understand you, Now that you've spoken clearly.
Much easier to dialogue this way.

Now that we're sorted, the poster on "comparing stripping the ASG to stripping the team": I just don't think he sees how silly his comparison is.

The poster who mentioned China, I don't even think you read his post. He repeated what he's heard people saying, and began the post by stating "people have been saying......" But I guess you missed all that with all this chaos this morning :smile:

Last edited:
So are all of you cool with guys and girls sharing the same bathroom? Possibly even the same locker room in the future?

Last edited:
They either don't understand how silly their comparisons are or are just deflecting from their true feelings - either not wanting the NBA to do anything political at all or that there's nothing wrong with the Bill passed. Pretty sure that was obvious by the way the initial post was phrased.
i already stated this a few times. so how was it not saying how i truly felt.  

no i have no problem with homosexuals and feel like gays and lesbians should have the same rights as everyone else and you playing around @leemealone but i agree. athlete and celebrity worship is ridiculous to me , thats why we have tmz and all that other nonsense. thats the problem . people say sports are insignificant and dont mean nothing , yet they treat sports as religion and worship athletes. miss me with that. 

Dont care about they opinions whether good or bad word to the dave chappelle" who gives a f what ja rule thinks about 9/11 , im scared to death i aint trying to dance" 

Last edited:
So are all of you cool with guys and girls sharing the same bathroom? Possibly even the same locker room in the future?

Now this is a good question.
Slippery slope man.

I mean, once you allow men who identify with being a woman to use the Women's room, you're not too far off (by law) from having to allow this

View media item 2111854

Last edited:
Now this is a good question.
Slippery slope man.

I mean, once you allow men who identify with being a woman to use the Women's room, you're not too far off (by law) from having to allow this
Cool.  So now after all the dancing around it's clear how ya'll really feel.

Personally I could care less, it's not any skin off my back.  Lot of universities, restaurants etc. have co-ed bathrooms at this point anyway.  Doesn't make the slightest difference except sometimes you have to wait longer as a man.

Think I'm going to declare for the WNBA Draft. If they don't let me then they're discriminating against my rights as a human!

Cool.  So now after all the dancing around it's clear how ya'll really feel.

Personally I could care less, it's not any skin off my back.  Lot of universities, restaurants etc. have co-ed bathrooms at this point anyway.  Doesn't make the slightest difference except sometimes you have to wait longer as a man.

I was impressed dudes kept the charade up as long as they did.

Man I wonder what some of yall would say if this was the 60s. Black athletes need to just stick to sports. Leave all that civil rights and freedom bs to the dudes that are already assassinated. If you almost get lynched on the way to the arena I don't need to know about it, I'm just trying to see some nice dribbling.

Same way I took those post as well.

i dont have a problem with it. its not illegal its just frowned upon( i think)  i take my daughters into the womens restrooms all the time. i dont see why its a big deal you cant see ish. 

Last edited:
Lovetohate3000 Lovetohate3000 you're my guy I'm just trying to demonstrate to you how incredibly dumb you sound, because you sound dumb as hell. It's borderline bigotry. It's actually full blown bigotry but I don't believe you're that type of person. I just think this particular stance of yours is hella shallow minded with no critical thinking or perspective behind it whatsoever. What you're saying is the equivalent of telling a woman that she should just stay in the kitchen. It's not about celebrity worship or just sharing opinions, you're way off base with all that.

@lakersman3000 you're my guy I'm just trying to demonstrate to you how incredibly dumb you sound, because you sound dumb as hell. It's borderline bigotry. It's actually full blown bigotry but I don't believe you're that type of person. I just think this particular stance of yours is hella shallow minded with no critical thinking or perspective behind it whatsoever. What you're saying is the equivalent of telling a woman that she should just stay in the kitchen. It's not about celebrity worship or just sharing opinions, you're way off base with all that.
not at all man. i believe gays should have rights , and im mexican and i go through the same struggles that poor black people go through. 

explain to me other then lebrons ability to play basketball. why is his opinion on a subject that has nothing to do with basketball more important or better then mines or yours , if not for celebrity worship and putting him on a pedestal cause he is a celebrity. 

Last edited:
Never thought I'd live to see day when MJ was this active in social issues. First the NC bathroom bill and now this. Props to him.

not at all man. i believe gays should have rights , and im mexican and i go through the same struggles that poor black people go through. 
explain to me other then lebrons ability to play basketball. why is his opinion on a subject that has nothing to do with basketball more important or better then mines or yours , if not for celebrity worship and putting him on a pedestal cause he is a celebrity. 

It's not about his opinion being better or more important that you, I, or anyone else. It's the reach that he has with said opinion that's important. You may not look up to these athletes as role models, but they do have major influence culturally, just look at A.I. I hope more actually step up and use their voices for something other than just selling stuff. The whole shut up and play ball and act like nothing is going on in the world is cringe worthy. Like these things may not have affected them in the past or even do so now as we've seen from that Bucks player having the cops called on him for looking at an expensive car dealership. Their status doesn't preclude them from discrimination or absolve them from the plight of their people. You need to chill, seriously.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom