2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

I look at the surgery that he had last year as protection for the Sixers investment. It's not like he got hurt and felt like he needed the surgery...he felt completely fine, wanted to play and had no idea that there was going to be a problem when they looked at it. Had he been a 2nd round pick that they didn't really care about I think he would have played last year. But they know the potential he has and they didn't want any long term concerns so they went ahead and had him get the surgery to try to make sure there would be less of a chance of there being any issue in the future.

Well now China just sucks
laugh.gif

Team USA starting 5 should be:
Kyrie, Klay, PG, KD, and Boogie
Nope Deandre needs to start

The Sixers were tired of being a treadmill, first round exit team so they decided to go full tank and will ultimately end up as a treadmill, first round exit team. #trusttheprocess

Reactions: OTG
The Sixers were tired of being a treadmill, first round exit team so they decided to go full tank and will ultimately end up as a treadmill, first round exit team. #trusttheprocess

And you think they'll ultimately end up as that why exactly?

And very injury prone

He was never injury prone his entire life before this foot thing. Even coming into last season he was on the court running scrimmages and dunking it just like in that video he was feeling completely fine with no pain but Hinkie didn't like how the x-ray looked as far as the healing of the bone and made him get another surgery. He could have went out and played with no problems if they didn't make him have that surgery, but Hinkie didn't want him to have any long-term problems.

It's getting annoying as hell with some of you just popping up acting like the guy is made of glass when that's not at all the case.
Dude misses 164 games out of 164 games and you seriously have an issue with people acting like he's made of glass? Even when he had injury issues back in Kansas?

The bone wasn't healing properly and you're saying he could have played with "no problem"? And you're not trolling? :rofl:

All of this. Dude missed 2 seasons but to Buc he ain't injury prone. :lol: :lol:

Some of y'all take being a fan too damn far.

Damn...whole thread came through at Buc's head like a pack of wolves. lol :lol:
You know NT they are like Hyenas. They wait until someone else does the work then all of them run through and add on to it.

Who did all the work? :lol:

Yeah NT don't let dumb **** slide should they just only post when they agree with something?
And NT isn't the only place it happens you ever been on Twitter? :lol:

Last edited:
All I said is son is injury prone... the last email years of his life he's been injured. Let's chill on the Hakeem comparisons for all we know son old be a bust. I hope he turns out to be great but it's not hard killing 5'8 40 year old trainers. Let's see him do work in the league before we crown him.

And you think they'll ultimately end up as that why exactly?

Mostly because they haven't actually built a team but instead just collected a bunch of players. Okc, gsw, Minny, Lal have used the draft to build a balanced roster. After 4 years, this is essentially the first year of Philly's rebuild as they're relying on 3 rookies to be their cornerstone in saric, Simmons, and embiid. I don't see them getting much return from oak/nerlens but if they do and embiid can live up to his potential that would change everything. If not it really puts a cap on their ceiling as a team

Last edited:
Wait a minute. Embiid is not made out of glass? Dude is just injury prone, plain and simple.

I'd love to know your definition of injury prone.

Embiid hasn't gotten "hurt" since we drafted him. As I said, they just didn't like the way the bone looked in the x-ray so they made him have another surgery that put him out all last year (even though he said it wasn't bothering him at all and he had no pain in it while scrimmaging and doing between the legs dunks and ****). So two years ago he hurt his back and was out like a month to end his college basketball season. He could have came back and played from that, but why would you rush back from a back injury when you're heading to the NBA right afterwards and are a guaranteed top 3 pick whether you play a college game again or not? Then in preparation for the draft he fractured his foot.

Those are all his injuries...period. Derrick Rose is injury prone. Bradley Beal is injury prone. Eric Gordon is injury prone. Pekovic is injury prone. Dwight is injury prone. Bynum was injury prone.

Both seasons he was moving around like he could have played after the All-Star break but we were tanking so there was no need to rush him back. If he was racking up injuries all over his body every time he stepped on the court then it would be different. If his foot never allows him to be the player he could become then I'm not gonna call him injury prone...I'm just gonna say he has a ****** up foot.

Lmao you did a whole monologue like you that man body. Son is sam jackson and you acting like hes just misunderstood :lol:

pretty lousy the nba took the asg from charlotte.  yea the bill sucks but please keep politics out of sports.  silver feeling himself too much
agreed has nothing to do with the nba. Ridiculous to move it over this. Should make them move out of town. Politics has no business in sports.

I'm extra extra late to the party but i read this and strongly disagree. not saying that it should become an industry standard but i have no problem when sports and social justice intersect. folx celebrated the nba for "forcing" Donald Sterling to sell the clippers for his derogatory/racist comments towards the black community. i think it should also be celebrated for taking a stance in support of the LGBT community. this could be a double edged sword if leagues starting adopting conservative views/stances, but considering how large of an audience the nba, nfl, and mlb hold collectively, it makes sense that they use that power to make a statement when they deem it necessary

I'm extra extra late to the party but i read this and strongly disagree. not saying that it should become an industry standard but i have no problem when sports and social justice intersect. folx celebrated the nba for "forcing" Donald Sterling to sell the clippers for his derogatory/racist comments towards the black community. i think it should also be celebrated for taking a stance in support of the LGBT community. this could be a double edged sword if leagues starting adopting conservative views/stances, but considering how large of an audience the nba, nfl, and mlb hold collectively, it makes sense that they use that power to make a statement when they deem it necessary
i know nobody wants to hear this but taking a mans team away over recorded private convos no matter how despicable the content wasn't right either if u really wanna go there.  we knew sterling was racist for years maybe decades for u old folks but as soon as his thot turns on him thats when they've had enough lol.  we live in the social media era and silver trying as hard as he can to make the popular choice all the time.

Whenever a decision needs to be made about anything just expect Silver to choose whatever will help him most from a PR standpoint.

It's all damned if you do damned if you don't.

Silver is acting commissioner but with any Billion dollar corporation, these decisions are only passed on by the figure head and sometimes not even a part of their own decision making process or rationalization.

Who knows if this was or wasn't Silver's idea.
Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't.
Is it meddling in affairs that don't concern the NBA? I don't know man, slippery slope

I will say this, people have come out and said NBA is set up and does business in places such as China or Saudi Arabia where homosexuality is a felony but, they don't care because they want the money, and that is more important in this instance than caring about LGBT rights.

Taking a stand against Charlotte or NC doesn't affect the NBA money because they don't lose it by pulling out, they'll still make that money in whatever city they move to, so "taking a stand" doesn't hurt them in this instance.

Only losers here is NC, and the NBA has taken a stance (a hypocritical one) that shows they "care".

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom