2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

Yeah, I remember that article about Bills drafted Karl's son, Demetress Bell
Yep and he told him that it was to late for him to be his father. **** Malone 
mean.gif

I think people forget how ridiculous of a prospect Embiid was. Dude was very fast, long, 7'1 with post moves, shot blocking instincts, a soft touch and a high BBIQ.

I think people forget how ridiculous of a prospect Embiid was. Dude was very fast, long, 7'1 with post moves, shot blocking instincts, a soft touch and a high BBIQ.
of course people are going to forget and doubt what you can do when you havent been able to play for two years. It's not like we've seen a glimpse of him being good in the nba. He hasn't played one nba minute.
Let's see him play first for a little before the olajuwon lite and he's a beast takes start coming in.

And very injury prone

He was never injury prone his entire life before this foot thing. Even coming into last season he was on the court running scrimmages and dunking it just like in that video he was feeling completely fine with no pain but Hinkie didn't like how the x-ray looked as far as the healing of the bone and made him get another surgery. He could have went out and played with no problems if they didn't make him have that surgery, but Hinkie didn't want him to have any long-term problems.

It's getting annoying as hell with some of you just popping up acting like the guy is made of glass when that's not at all the case.

We never seen dude against nba competition... the jury is still out on him.

He was never injury prone his entire life before this foot thing. Even coming into last season he was on the court running scrimmages and dunking it just like in that video he was feeling completely fine with no pain but Hinkie didn't like how the x-ray looked as far as the healing of the bone and made him get another surgery. He could have went out and played with no problems if they didn't make him have that surgery, but Hinkie didn't want him to have any long-term problems.

It's getting annoying as hell with some of you just popping up acting like the guy is made of glass when that's not at all the case.
Injury prone or not. he sat out two seasons. Let's see him play a game first . Before the "he's going to be great or olajuwon lite comments start popping up"

Dude hasn't even played one minute in the nba. People have plenty of reason to be pessimistic bout him . Chill.

Last edited:
And if embiid had no health concerns he would have gone number one. There is legit reasons why he should have that rep in college he missed the last part of the season with something up with his back and his team this year won't even play him during back 2 backs

Doesn't he have back issues or a spine issue too?

Dude got hurt in college and hasn't played a minute in 2yrs in the league that seems like he's prone to injury to me.

I hope he's great and stays healthy personally, league needs good bigs.

Wait a minute. Embiid is not made out of glass? Dude is just injury prone, plain and simple.

I'd love to know your definition of injury prone.

And very injury prone

Dude misses 164 games out of 164 games and you seriously have an issue with people acting like he's made of glass? Even when he had injury issues back in Kansas?

The bone wasn't healing properly and you're saying he could have played with "no problem"? And you're not trolling? :rofl:

And very injury prone

Almost as annoying as you *****ing about Deangelo Russell all the time

Dude hasn't played a game in over 2 years and you want people to not say ****? :lol:

Last edited:

Dr. Hinkie made him get another surgery cause he didn't like the x-ray? :lol:

Calm down. Embiid's injury concerns are very real. A totally separate issue made him miss the end of his college season. There were concerns about the stability of his bones due to his diet while he was growing up. This isn't a guy having freak accidents.

Wait a minute. Embiid is not made out of glass? Dude is just injury prone, plain and simple.

I'd love to know your definition of injury prone.

Embiid hasn't gotten "hurt" since we drafted him. As I said, they just didn't like the way the bone looked in the x-ray so they made him have another surgery that put him out all last year (even though he said it wasn't bothering him at all and he had no pain in it while scrimmaging and doing between the legs dunks and ****). So two years ago he hurt his back and was out like a month to end his college basketball season. He could have came back and played from that, but why would you rush back from a back injury when you're heading to the NBA right afterwards and are a guaranteed top 3 pick whether you play a college game again or not? Then in preparation for the draft he fractured his foot.

Those are all his injuries...period. Derrick Rose is injury prone. Bradley Beal is injury prone. Eric Gordon is injury prone. Pekovic is injury prone. Dwight is injury prone. Bynum was injury prone.

Both seasons he was moving around like he could have played after the All-Star break but we were tanking so there was no need to rush him back. If he was racking up injuries all over his body every time he stepped on the court then it would be different. If his foot never allows him to be the player he could become then I'm not gonna call him injury prone...I'm just gonna say he has a ****** up foot.

Last edited:
Embiid hasn't gotten "hurt" since we drafted him. As I said, they just didn't like the way the bone looked in the x-ray so they made him have another surgery that put him out all last year (even though he said it wasn't bothering him at all and he had no pain in it while scrimmaging and doing between the legs dunks and ****). So two years ago he hurt his back and was out like a month to end his college basketball season. He could have came back and played from that, but why would you rush back from a back injury when you're heading to the NBA right afterwards and are a guaranteed top 3 pick whether you play a college game again or not? Then in preparation for the draft he fractured his foot.

Those are all his injuries...period. Derrick Rose is injury prone. Bradley Beal is injury prone. Eric Gordon is injury prone. Pekovic is injury prone. Bynum was injury prone.

Both seasons he was moving around like he could have played after the All-Star break but we were tanking so there was no need to rush him back. If he was racking up injuries all over his body every time he stepped on the court then it would be different.

hahahaha. Ok. You go ahead and believe that.

there was legit concern about whether he was even going to have a career not too long ago, but you're acting like he had surgery like i go get an oil change every 3000 miles. We're having surgeries for ***** and giggles now?

There's one thing between the leg dunks in practice, but a whole other thing being able to run up and down a court for 30+ minutes per game, having to play defense and go up against other players.

Come on man. You're better than this.

Last edited:
Guy misses games in college due to injury, misses two full nba seasons back to back, and he's somehow NOT prone to being injured :lol:

You got it b.

I was thinking about taking a month off for back surgery this winter, maybe read some good books during my recovery.

"He could've come back to play ball, but **** it why not get another surgery and chill we're tanking right?"

Last edited:
yeah, we need to tank guys, so lets have our youngster have surgery on his foot because its not like feet are all that important to big men in the league.

Back
Top Bottom