2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

If KD ends up wanting to play for the Clippers then that sign and trade for Blake bringing him back to Oklahoma would probably work out for everyone involved.

My prediction is he goes to the Spurs though.

Last edited:
If KD ends up wanting to play for the Clippers then that sign and trade for Blake bringing him back to Oklahoma would probably work out for everyone involved.

My prediction is he goes to the Spurs though.
Agreed for the most part. I don't think he's leaving OKC but I think if he leaves OKC it'll come down to LAC or SAS. I just can't fathom KD going full on heel and going to GSW and no other options out there make sense other than the aforementioned GSW, LAC, and SAS. 

Here's to hoping his relationship with CP plays into him choosing LAC over SAS 
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Agreed for the most part. I don't think he's leaving OKC but I think if he leaves OKC it'll come down to LAC or SAS. I just can't fathom KD going full on heel and going to GSW and no other options out there make sense other than the aforementioned GSW, LAC, and SAS. 

Here's to hoping his relationship with CP plays into him choosing LAC over SAS :lol: :wow:

i know we'd love this, but would this make sense for KD though? Coming to the Clips would be like the 4th best option, in terms of winning. OKC, Spurs, and GSW with him are all better options in terms of winning.

The only way it makes sense is if we kept Blake, which we know is impossible

Dwight Howard don't deserve that situation, besides it being impossible to make that happen under the cap.

i know we'd love this, but would this make sense for KD though? Coming to the Clips would be like the 4th best option, in terms of winning. OKC, Spurs, and GSW with him are all better options in terms of winning.

The only way it makes sense is if we kept Blake, which we know is impossible
Well whether or not this would make sense for KD would depend on how the Clips filled out the roster after signing KD. 

But, If I remember my man lucas telling me, The Core four staying with KD coming isn't impossible though. PP would have to retire, but it is possible. 

Clips could clear everything and give him like 50/3, then resign with bird rights to max after that. From there, renounce all FAs, cut Dawson, hope Pierce retires. Core 4/Wilcox/25/33/Durant/room MLE/mins

come on man, KD aint signing a 50/3 deal. No way. We'll stop the discussion here.

it CANT happen.

Someone with better salary cap skills please come here and explain.

come on man, KD aint signing a 50/3 deal. No way. We'll stop the discussion here.

it CANT happen.

Someone with better salary cap skills please come here and explain.
Dude calm down man I'm not saying he will. No where did I say he was.

You said it was impossible.

all I did was show you why it wasn't impossible. 

Dude calm down man I'm not saying he will. No where did I say he was.

You said it was impossible.

all I did was show you why it wasn't impossible. 

well, yeah, he could sign for $12M if he wanted to, but we know thats impossible.

Its impossible to keep Blake and sign him. IMPOSSIBLE.

KD isn't signing for that much less to play with the Clippers. He's still in his prime. Maybe the next contract, not this one

Last edited:
if the clippers trade blake it gotta be for another vet kd cp3 deandre and some young dudes aint gonna cut it if they in win now mode

Wow the star of a college basketball team who's headed for the NBA gets girls? You don't see that everyday.....

well, yeah, he could sign for $1.2M if he wanted to, but we know thats impossible.

Its impossible to keep Blake and sign him. IMPOSSIBLE.

KD isn't signing for that much less to play with the Clippers. He's still in his prime. Maybe the next contract, not this one
Well Lebron took a massive paycut to link up with wade and bosh in Miami initially. It's not out of the realm of possibility if he indeed really wanted to play in LAC w/the core 4. besides 1.2Ms and 16M's isn't close to the same thing. I know you were exaggerating but still.

I don't think he's leaving OKC, all I was doing showing how it could happen where he came to LAC w/the core 4.

Well Lebron took a massive paycut to link up with wade and bosh in Miami initially. It's not out of the realm of possibility if he indeed really wanted to play in LAC w/the core 4. besides 1.2Ms and 16M's isn't close to the same thing. I know you were exaggerating but still.

I don't think he's leaving OKC, all I was doing showing how it could happen where he came to LAC w/the core 4.

It wasn't that massive.

KD literally taking what, $10M per season less in your scenario? Come on. Lettuce be real. Thats why its IMPOSSIBLE.

He aint that tight with CP3. If he was willing to take that cut, he'd be chilling with Lebron next season.

Alright, its over. Enough with the Clippers talk in this thread before CP3 slander comes through. The natives have been away. Wait until they see what we've been discussing

Back
Top Bottom