2016 Official NBA Off-Season Thread: Former Greatness

They didn't have anywhere to stay, and with the Fourth of July weekend a hectic time in the Hamptons, lodging was hard to come by. So the Thunder holed up at a Holiday Inn Express, located one mile away from Durant's compound, and waited.

There were only six rooms available for nine people, so they shared. Clay Bennett, a multimillion-dollar owner, in a Holiday Inn Express, sharing a bed. Nothing was open, so they settled on a T.G.I. Friday's for a late dinner.

And then they waited for the inevitable.
laugh.gif

They didn't have anywhere to stay, and with the Fourth of July weekend a hectic time in the Hamptons, lodging was hard to come by. So the Thunder holed up at a Holiday Inn Express, located one mile away from Durant's compound, and waited.

There were only six rooms available for nine people, so they shared. Clay Bennett, a multimillion-dollar owner, in a Holiday Inn Express, sharing a bed. Nothing was open, so they settled on a T.G.I. Friday's for a late dinner.

And then they waited for the inevitable.

:lol:

This sounds so sad :rofl:

Seattle's getting a crazy amount of poetic justice :lol:

Dwyane, you got 3 rings, man. Just finish your career in Miami so you can say that's who you played for your whole career.
Meaningless sentiment.

Cats ain't satisfied with Reggie Miller careers. Ask Paul Pierce. Not to mention you can always pull a KG.

Reggie Miller never won a title. Terrible comparison.
I'm not talking about winning titles.

Apparently the only name you read in my post was Reggie Miller.

That reading comprehension :smh:
Meaningless sentiment.

Cats ain't satisfied with Reggie Miller careers. Ask Paul Pierce. Not to mention you can always pull a KG.
Reggie has 0 rings. Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett were traded.
So all of y'all are basically saying if you win a ring with a team and that's been your team most of your career you should just stay one that team no matter what and wait for retirement?

That's what I'm getting from Reggie has no rings constantly being the response.

[thread="650415"]Quote:[/thread]

Dwyane, you got 3 rings, man. Just finish your career in Miami so you can say that's who you played for your whole career.
Meaningless sentiment.

Reggie didn't win though. Boston fans love Paul and KG. Heck Minny will build a KG statue. Staying with your team in bad times definitely means something to fans.
I'm talking about staying on a team your whole career and being loyal.

Dudes ain't satisfied with that.

I ain't talking about rings. If Wade wants to leave he should. Of its to get more rings then so be it.

Last edited:
Boris and Gobert on that French Connection 
pimp.gif

However I hope Lyles still gets opportunities to flourish. He looked exceptional in Summer League last night. Don't let him rot on the bench Utah

SAS aren't trading Parker, they just needed to trade Diaw to afford Pau

serious question. Does KD hope on the bandwagon if the Warriors beat the Cavs this season?

I say hell no.

Proceed.

At this point Silver should just do away with the salary cap and go the mlb route....

We'd have NYK vs LAL every single year.

Lakers get approximately $150M per year from TW? Their payroll is taken care of, with plenty to spend.

Basketball is the one sports where you can legit buy the 4-5 best players, and win a ring. Harder to do in football and baseball

I'm not talking about winning titles.

Apparently the only name you read in my post was Reggie Miller.

That reading comprehension:smh:
So all of y'all are basically saying if you win a ring with a team and that's been your team most of your career you should just stay one that team no matter what and wait for retirement?

That's what I'm getting from Reggie has no rings constantly being the response.
I'm talking about staying on a team your whole career and being loyal.

Dudes ain't satisfied with that.

I ain't talking about rings. If Wade wants to leave he should. Of its to get more rings then so be it.
I'm saying Reggie and Dwyane are two completely different scenarios. Reggie doesn't have a single ring, tough ****. Dwyane has 3 now with Miami. He has nothing left to prove. He's been so loyal to them and his city loves him so much he might as well ride or die with them.

Cavs trying to create cap room for Wade.........

Ethan J. Skolnick
‏@EthanJSkolnick
@DiegoVill right now, 3.5. but they are trying to create room

bye Shump ????? dwade get 10 mill and a "nice chunk" for a role in Space Jam 2 :wink:

playing for the same team an entire career is overrated.

The sports my kids watch these days is completely different to what i was watching.

Thats all the Cavs have? $3.5M?

They have a long way to go. Wade should say make it happen if you can get me $15M. If not, I'm staying home.

Cavs trying to create cap room for Wade.........

Ethan J. Skolnick
‏@EthanJSkolnick
@DiegoVill right now, 3.5. but they are trying to create room

bye Shump ????? dwade get 10 mill and a "nice chunk" for a role in Space Jam 2
wink.gif
Shump was such an overpay. They don't need him one bit

I feel like we just placed KD on too high of a pedestal...we expected way too much out of this man. As a Bron fan I viewed KD as the only player that is on Bron's level but now I can't even respect him. If the whole "Eastern conference is weak" narrative rings true why he didn't go to a team in the Eastern conference. Mentally KD is fragile...Im talking butter soft.
I remember same was said about LeBron even after he went to MIA.
Meaningless sentiment.

Horrible comparison and examples.

This basketball talk ain't for you brah, CBM and GOT threads are that way :lol:
The main problem is you want it to be one way but it's not.

All ya feelings and opinions don't matter. Aint no reason a player should have to stick with a team of they don't want to.

Referencing got and cbm ain't gonna change that :lol:

i like him and his defense, but i couldnt agree with you more sir.

ish is stayin interesting if nothing else
He's decent defender. I just cringed at how many open looks he clanked. Like, they needed ANYONE to contribute points and RJ of all people was the one that stepped up to do it outside of Lebby and Irving

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom