2016 NBA All Star Weekend Is Officially a Wrap!

Who had the best performance of All Star Saturday?

• Zach Lavine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aaron Gordon

• Klay Thompson

• Karl-Anthony Towns

• Kevin Hart

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
AG behind the head pumped dunk should of gotten a 50.

Like someone said, not taking from
ZL leap jump, but most of his dunks were a foot or half a foot passed the free throw line.
I think he only did one dunk with his foot on the actually line.

Agreed. Three dunks from the free throw line location was showing a lack of creativity. AGs last dunk was definitely under appreciated. I bet if they went 6 dunks more, we would have seen 6 ft line dunks from Lavine and the judges would have still been jocking.

It should have just ended with both guys getting a trophy.. neither guy deserved to lose. However, I do think AG had the better 50s.

AG lost despite having arguably the best dunk contest performance of all time

Yep, this is going to give him the same type of attitude that Gerald Green had after he lost and said he would never enter again.

And after watching it again Lavine definitely went into panic mode after A.G. bought out the creative stuff. Only so much stuff lavine could do being a one legged jumper. Barton or Drummond would have been out of gas had they made it to the finals vs., either guy.

Last edited:
Missed the dunk contest last night, but all of the highlights are from the cat on the magic. Then it's mentioned that the guy on the timber wolves won.... What happened?

Scares me how many players start balding round 30. Does it really start that early guys |I

I wish I was able to hold out until the 30s!

Just look at your mom's dad's hairline. If he has a full head of hair, you won't need to sweat much. However, if he looks like mr clean, prepare yourself.

Missed the dunk contest last night, but all of the highlights are from the cat on the magic. Then it's mentioned that the guy on the timber wolves won.... What happened?

SC is so wack. :rolleyes

LaVine and Gordon tied in the last round after all 3 dunks, so they went one extra dunk. Both were probably out of ideas and LaVine had the better dunk in the extra round to win.

Last edited:
People were in this mindset that LaVine's dunks were 50s, but AG's dunks were off the charts. But in the end an off the charts dunk is worth the same as the minimum to get a 50. The last decisive round it seemed like the judges either didn't deserve to be on the panel, or they just wanted to leave because AG definitely threw down a 50 once you saw the replay and got to appreciate the dunk. LaVine's free throw line dunks got old. Dude was tapped of creativity. James White was probably somewhere looking like wait all I had to do was keep repeating FT line dunks and I woulda won?!

Last edited:
I wish I was able to hold out until the 30s!

Just look at your mom's dad's hairline. If he has a full head of hair, you won't need to sweat much. However, if he looks like mr clean, prepare yourself.
GPops had a head full of hair at 80+ when he passed IM good 
pimp.gif

I don't understand the whole Lavine's free throw dunks got old concept as if those dunks were easy to do LOL

Outside the nba, I see the sit down dunks, eastbay variations, and the Kwe Parker dunks way more frequently than I see the James White dunks. Got to be a reason for that..

I also don't understand how Lavine gets cited for no creativity and AG gets credited for creativity as if he made his dunks up

Every dunk done by both guys have been done before. Just outside the nba. And they know it lol. Both guys pulled all of their dunks straight outta YouTube.

Last edited:
Yep, this is going to give him the same type of attitude that Gerald Green had after he lost and said he would never enter again.

And after watching it again Lavine definitely went into panic mode after A.G. bought out the creative stuff. Only so much stuff lavine could do being a one legged jumper. Barton or Drummond would have been out of gas had they made it to the finals vs., either guy.
I wouldn't even be mad if AG would decline another invitation, I was saying this yesterday. But he didn't really lose more people are talking about him than Lavine.

Last edited:

LaVine and Gordon tied in the last round after all 3 dunks, so they went one extra dunk. Both were probably out of ideas and LaVine had the better dunk in the extra round to win.

Lame, those dunks out up by the magic guy were fantastic.

Better dunk? The free throw line dunk for the 3rd time.

I don't think you guys know how hard it is to do literally ball behind the head/neck, pump all the way to the bottom, then back into a full back dunk position.

Dude definitely got heights....

Balding has nothing to do with maternal grandfather. I'm living proof. You either are resistant to the gene or you aren't. The end

And starting in your 30s? My boy was balding in high school bruh. You're lucky if you make it to 30 without the Sherman Helmsley if you're gonna go :lol:

I don't understand the whole Lavine's free throw dunks got old concept as if those dunks were easy to do LOL
Is not that they were easy it's that it seemed like he kept doing the same dunk with slight differences. 

Every dunk done by both guys have been done before. Just outside the nba. And they know it lol.
People keep saying this, but no one really cares what Jordan Kilganon and the rest of those dudes do. They are an irrelevant part of the basketball landscape. They serve one purpose, to funnel ideas down to basketball players that society deems relevant 

Last edited:
Yea but it still doesn't change the fact that both guys pulled their dunks from an outside source

By that logic AG was no more creative than Lavine was.

So anyone saying AG was more creative than Lavine is just wrong

That's my point.

Last edited:
In the postgame interview, Lavine was speaking for himself when he said that half of the stuff we never tried before dunk wise. The A.G. stuff was all set and ready to go.

Anybody think A.G. got screwed because TNT had went over their alloted time and Sports Illustrated had paid to get that time slot after the dunk contest? So the judges basically had to end it and not give another 50 for another dunk off?

Last edited:
In the postgame interview, Lavine was speaking for himself when he said that half of the stuff we never tried before dunk wise. The A.G. stuff was all set and ready to go.

Anybody think A.G. got screwed because TNT had went over their alloted time and Sports Illustrated had paid to get that time slot after the dunk contest? So the judges basically had to end it and not give another 50 for another dunk off?
Nah them ho's could have waited all night 

Outside the nba, I see the sit down dunks, eastbay variations, and the Kwe Parker dunks way more frequently than I see the James White dunks. Got to be a reason for that..

I also don't understand how Lavine gets cited for no creativity and AG gets credited for creativity as if he made his dunks up

Every dunk done by both guys have been done before. Just outside the nba. And they know it lol. Both guys pulled all of their dunks straight outta YouTube.

All of this. Besides the spinning hover board I've seen a gang of dudes do all of gordon's dunks. Never in the dunk contest tho. Lavine's dunks I've only seen from James white a decade ago.

And zach was full of **** talking bout he's never tried half of those. All he does is practice dunking :lol:

I thought Gordon had the better dunks, but did them too early. Lavines's last dunk>Gordon's last dunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom