2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Trea Turner era is upon us. My favorite National since Elijah Dukes.

Not sure what some of you heard or didn't hear, but the interpreter didn't help Chapman out AT ALL yesterday either.

Chapman was saying things one way, and his interpreter was saying them in a different manner altogether. Not maliciously, just interpreting is hard to convey sometimes.

Chapman later spoke with Pedro Gomez, and he was able to sort it all out perfectly fine.

Not sure what some of you heard or didn't hear, but the interpreter didn't help Chapman out AT ALL yesterday either.

Chapman was saying things one way, and his interpreter was saying them in a different manner altogether. Not maliciously, just interpreting is hard to convey sometimes.

Chapman later spoke with Pedro Gomez, and he was able to sort it all out perfectly fine.

I read this as well. Is there a link to the initial interview? If this is the case, they need to fire that dude and send me a PM. Just pay me in stadium food.

Man, I'm not even gonna get too into what's wrong with this post but but a lot of these players can speak enough English to communicate with thwir teammates. It's just broken English. They don't want to be on TV/radio/newspapers speaking in English because they don't want to be misunderstood and/oe they are self conscious about their skills.

Carlos Gomez gave an interview earlier this year where he spoke in broken English and instead of correcting it to convey what Gomez was obviously teying to say, the reported wrote this.

the last year and this year, I not really do much for this team. The fans be angry. They be disappointed
I've seen/heard my dad communicate easily in English when he absolutely had to, albeit in broken English. Given the choice tho, he still prefers to have me translate for him. Nobody likes feeling like a fool or being misunderstood.
Nah get into it bruh....

You can spout all that info after saying you won't get into what's wrong with my post. 

I'm well aware of why a lot of them don't want to do media in English or have broken English or get "misquoted"...

This is all the more reason for Aroldis to do his interviews in English, period. 

How long has Aroldis been in the Majors?

Rookies, guys new into the League, that is one thing.......but I have no patience and no sympathy for an Athlete playing ball in America, and can't speak English to do an interview.

If it's Boxing, I make an exception altogether because a lot of them don't even live or stay in USA other than to box.

Simple thing is, if you don't want to be misunderstood or misinterpreted, don't do the interview or do it in English, or a simple concept, Learn God Damn English or learn to be comfortable using it.

Last edited:
Simple thing is, if you don't want to be misunderstood or misinterpreted, don't do the interview or do it in English, or a simple concept, Learn God Damn English or learn to be comfortable using it.

That's real ignorant to say that my friend.

Players are forced to do interviews by their teams. Marshawn Lynch tried to do avoid interviews and he eventually got fined.

And two, English isn't an easy language to master by foreigners. Not everyone is going to be fluent living here in this country after a couple years. My mother has lived here for 3 decades and her English skills are at best mediocre. She still prefers to speak Chinese rather than English. These ball players aren't going to be the most scholarly folks out there, why force them to speak a language they aren't a master of. If they want to, props to them, but if they feel like they can't express their emotions accurately in English, they are free to say it in another language.

[thread="287472"] [/thread]

Man, I'm not even gonna get too into what's wrong with this post but but a lot of these players can speak enough English to communicate with thwir teammates. It's just broken English. They don't want to be on TV/radio/newspapers speaking in English because they don't want to be misunderstood and/oe they are self conscious about their skills.

Carlos Gomez gave an interview earlier this year where he spoke in broken English and instead of correcting it to convey what Gomez was obviously teying to say, the reported wrote this.

the last year and this year, I not really do much for this team. The fans be angry. They be disappointed

I've seen/heard my dad communicate easily in English when he absolutely had to, albeit in broken English. Given the choice tho, he still prefers to have me translate for him. Nobody likes feeling like a fool or being misunderstood.
Nah get into it bruh....

You can spout all that info after saying you won't get into what's wrong with my post. 

I'm well aware of why a lot of them don't want to do media in English or have broken English or get "misquoted"...

This is all the more reason for Aroldis to do his interviews in English, period. 

How long has Aroldis been in the Majors?

Rookies, guys new into the League, that is one thing.......but I have no patience and no sympathy for an Athlete playing ball in America, and can't speak English to do an interview.

If it's Boxing, I make an exception altogether because a lot of them don't even live or stay in USA other than to box.

You sound like you get pissed when you hear "for English press 1"

Last edited:

Ignorant is the wrong word to use here, my friend.

Don't be a simpleton and def don't flip this to some racial bologna.

I understand it from both perspectives. 

Understanding it doesn't mean I agree with it.

Not agreeing with it doesn't mean I'm ignorant (read up on the word before using it at me bruh, for real)

Not agreeing with it doesn't make me racist.

It's the same way I feel when dealing with my Roofing Crews. 

They speak  english, some perfect and some broken, but they prefer Spanish, especially when they talk amongst themselves.

If they are speaking to me, they are going to speak to me in English, period. 

If some of them are struggle, then they will get better at it, at least dealing with me.

But I don't give a **** that  Jose speaks better English than Ricky and they are both standing there so Ricky wants Jose to translate, HELL NO, you speak to me, Ricky,  and in English, period, Jose you leave this convo is between Ricky and I

All my guys are heaps better now in English, and a lot of that has to do with me personally not allowing them to side step it, at least when dealing with me.

Not agreeing with it doesn't mean I'm ignorant (read up on the word before using it at me bruh, for real)

They speak  english, some perfect and some broken, but they prefer Spanish, especially when they talk amongst themselves.

If some of them are struggle, then they will get better at it, at least dealing with me.
But I don't give a **** that  Jose speaks better English than Ricky and they are both standing there so Ricky wants Jose to translate, HELL NO, you speak to me, Ricky,  and in English, period, Jose you leave this convo is between Ricky and I

All my guys are heaps better now in English, and a lot of that has to do with me personally not allowing them to side step it, at least when dealing with me.
So you are saying Chapman is obligated to speak English to you? :lol:
He can do whatever he wants.
Props to you improving your roofing crew's English.

So you are saying Chapman is obligated to speak English to you?
laugh.gif

Yea, Chapman who will never ever meet me or deal with or talk to me, is obligated to speak English, to me. What kind of sense does that make?

It's obviously the prerogative of Chapman or anybody, to speak whatever language they want.

I'm saying it's my prerogative to feel a certain way about it.

Last edited:
[QUOTE url="/t/287472/2016-mlb-thread-baseball-is-upon-us-royals-are-the-champs/66660#post_26254983"]
Originally Posted bdiengambino 

So you are saying Chapman is obligated to speak English to you? :lol:

Yea, Chapman who will never ever meet me or deal with or talk to me, is obligated to speak English, to me. What kind of sense does that make?

It's obviously the prerogative of Chapman or anybody, to speak whatever language they want.
I'm saying it's my prerogative to feel a certain way about it.
[/quote]
I'm just going to stop arguing. We have two different points and there's no point going on any further before it becomes a troll war.

Aye dios mio :smh:

Exactly what I said is what. Simple concept.

It's a simple concept if you're that guy whose dreamed of marrying his daughters off on plantations. You might as well have just typed 'go back to your country Chapman'

Sounds like something I'd expect to hear in Oklahoma, Mississippi, or some ****

Last edited:
 It's a simple concept if you're that guy whose dreamed of marrying his daughters off on plantations. You might as well have just typed 'go back to your country Chapman'

Sounds like something I'd expect to hear in Oklahoma, Mississippi, or some ****
Pft

Tell me what I should have said, or meant.......

...... then you stereo type Oklahoman's and Mississipian's. You are a sharp one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom