2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Rizzo needs to get fired if he doesn't do something about Papelbon or Ryan Zimmerman. I don't care how much money he is making, there's no reason Zimmerman should be playing at this point.

Mike Rizzo needs to get fired if he doesn't do something about Papelbon or Ryan Zimmerman. I don't care how much money he is making, there's no reason Zimmerman should be playing at this point.

They can join Carlos Gomez on a train to misfit island.

Long 3 hr ride home. Everything was peachy until Papeldouche entered.

Trea Turner is a game changer at leadoff. Puts so much pressure on the defense with his speed. This experiment in CF might work.

I'm willing to give Zimmerman some rope. He's my boy and I'm not quite ready to admit he's done.

Almost forgot - the couple sitting in front of me were playing pokemon all game.

Last edited:

Long 3 hr ride home. Everything was peachy until Papeldouche entered.

Trea Turner is a game changer at leadoff. Puts so much pressure on the defense with his speed. This experiment in CF might work.

I'm willing to give Zimmerman some rope. He's my boy and I'm not quite ready to admit he's done.

Almost forgot - the couple sitting in front of me were playing pokemon all game.
I'm done with Zim. Injuries have finished him. 1B is the one position on the diamond where basically all you need is a bat. Zim is one of the worst, if not the worst, full-time position player in the league. Can't have him in the lineup anymore.

This man Aroldis Chapman DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I don't know why stuff like this infuriates me but, man it does. 

I can't even.

Lot of Latinos also don't want to or don't feel comfortable talking to the media in English. Apparently cueto is capable of doing so but won't. I respect it.

Same with Ichiro too supposedly.

Last edited:
Aroldis can speak some English, well broken English, but he prefers to say in Spanish when talking to the media
English is considered a difficult language to master, I don't blame Aroldis for preferring to speak Spanish instead when it comes to PR stuff

I remember when Vlad got flack for not speaking English to the media when he obviously could :lol:

Look what happened to Carlos Gomez this past season and you'll understand why many foreign players are hesitant to talk to the US media in English.

eflin tossed up a damn HR derby pitch to stanton smh lol

figures cause i went with eflin in FD on my $12 tourney lol oh well

This man Aroldis Chapman DOESN'T SPEAK ENGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

I can't even.

Man, I'm not even gonna get too into what's wrong with this post but but a lot of these players can speak enough English to communicate with thwir teammates. It's just broken English. They don't want to be on TV/radio/newspapers speaking in English because they don't want to be misunderstood and/oe they are self conscious about their skills.

Carlos Gomez gave an interview earlier this year where he spoke in broken English and instead of correcting it to convey what Gomez was obviously teying to say, the reported wrote this.

the last year and this year, I not really do much for this team. The fans be angry. They be disappointed

I've seen/heard my dad communicate easily in English when he absolutely had to, albeit in broken English. Given the choice tho, he still prefers to have me translate for him. Nobody likes feeling like a fool or being misunderstood.

I can't even.

Man, I'm not even gonna get too into what's wrong with this post but but a lot of these players can speak enough English to communicate with thwir teammates. It's just broken English. They don't want to be on TV/radio/newspapers speaking in English because they don't want to be misunderstood and/oe they are self conscious about their skills.

Carlos Gomez gave an interview earlier this year where he spoke in broken English and instead of correcting it to convey what Gomez was obviously teying to say, the reported wrote this.

the last year and this year, I not really do much for this team. The fans be angry. They be disappointed

I've seen/heard my dad communicate easily in English when he absolutely had to, albeit in broken English. Given the choice tho, he still prefers to have me translate for him. Nobody likes feeling like a fool or being misunderstood.

Same with my mom

Last year some Houston media members caught some heat for using big words when interviewing Altuve that he didn't understand :lol: :lol: :lol:

Especially with some of the incidents Chappy has been linked to, I'd be hesitant to interview in a language you aren't 100% comfortable with as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom