2016 MLB thread. THE CUBS HAVE BROKEN THE CURSE! Chicago Cubs are your 2016 World Series champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cubbies :pimp:

Yo not even going to lie.. That Desean sig on a snap selfie is something I'm going to do hopefully if I were to run into an athlete. Straight fire of an idea

2020-30

Seasons not happening? Just win this one title then fold the franchise or somethin?

People do think big(ger) picture, it happens.

When you haven't won in that long, I would only think about the one championship :lol:

See Cleveland, don't think their fans give a darn about upcoming years

Chapman back in the NLC :smh:

Clown will be throwing at Cutch again in no time

2020-30

Seasons not happening? Just win this one title then fold the franchise or somethin?

People do think big(ger) picture, it happens.

When you haven't won in that long, I would only think about the one championship
laugh.gif

See Cleveland, don't think their fans give a darn about upcoming years
Took the words right out of my mouth......or words right off of my fingers?  Not sure how that phrase works with text haha.

And yes CP, people think about the big picture all the time.  But I dont see how the big picture for Cubs fans is anything aside from winning that elusive title.  If I was a Cubs fan, I couldnt care less about the future if we had a legitimate chance of winning now.  

Because if they don't win today, they still have to play tomorrow.

You don't set your whole franchise up for one year, you have to be ready the next year, and the next, etc.

Unless you're the Marlins. :lol:

So yes, me eyeing an extension is completely within reason because we are not assured of winning anything this year.

We are assured there is a 2017 season to be played tho.....well, I suppose not assured, but you get the idea. :lol:

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman 52m52 minutes ago Jersey City, NJ

yankees tried to talk extension with chapman, and when he declined to do so, it helped sway yanks to trade him

When you have the chance to win a WS for the current year you should make every move you can to get closer to the title. Thinking long term isn't always the best idea, see the 2012 Nationals when they shut down Strasburg before the playoffs :smh:

When you have the chance to win a WS for the current year you should make every move you can to get closer to the title. Thinking long term isn't always the best idea, see the 2012 Nationals when they shut down Strasburg before the playoffs :smh:

Me asking for an extension isn't the same as shutting him down tho.

Clearly they are in for this year, doesn't mean they can't also make moves for the future.

In my humble opinion, if the Cubs win the World Series this year, and Aroldis bolts in the offseason, I dont see how any rational Cubs fan would sit there and complain about losing a couple prospects.

CP is right. Now, if the Cubs win the WS it would be the biggest party in sports history. But that wouldn't give them a pass to suck for the next 5 years.

CP is right. Now, if the Cubs win the WS it would be the biggest party in sports history. But that wouldn't give them a pass to suck for the next 5 years.
Just how would losing a 19 year old, single A prospect, who has almost zero chance of being an every day in the coming years, make the Cubs suck for the next 5 years?  I dont get that line of logic whatsoever.

The Major League Cubs will feel absolutely ZERO impact from losing Torres.  

In my humble opinion, if the Cubs win the World Series this year, and Aroldis bolts in the offseason, I dont see how any rational Cubs fan would sit there and complain about losing a couple prospects.

They wouldn't.

But if the Cubs DON'T win the World Series, and Chapman bolts, then there is cause for complaint. Reason being, they could be even better in 2017 (getting Schwarber back) and will have lost that closer (and the assets he cost) without anything in return.

Obviously if they win in 2016 it's worth it, but there are no guarantees we're winning it all in 3 months. The extension gives you at least that protection that he could be here to help beyond this season.

Meh. Don't love that Cubs trade man unless they win it all. Chapman is a beast though. Just don't like the idea of losing prospects for a rental potentially

Last edited:
Meh. Don't love that Cubs trade man unless they win it all. Chapman is a beast though. Just don't like the idea of losing prospects for a rental potentially

Yankees on the good side of a trade, and for prospects at that.

WATTBA :pimp:

Last edited:
Props to the Cubs for going ALL IN for this years World Series

Chapmans the missing piece they needed.

i dont deserve to be on this thread for my stupid comment about aroldis chapman being a rotation player

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom