2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

CMskc21WoAARlWL.jpg

damn |I

Def coming off the bench. I also think no way he turns down Miami. That team can be super dangerous.
Miami ******* sucks. Bosh has never been and still isnt a reliable #1. Wade is broken down. Dragic is steadily declining and vastly overpaid. Same with Deng. Justise is raw as **** and also a little overrated IMO. The wild card is Whiteside, but I don't think he is enough of a difference maker to make them a legit contender or anything and I also think his burst on to the scene was likely more than a little bit flukey.

IMO Heat are the most overrated team in the NBA coming into the season, and they have little to no flexibility moving forward beyond this upcoming season with the way their veterans are being paid and not much young talent to speak of. That team has a Eastern Conference semi-finals ceiling this year, and IMO they will keep declining every year after with all of their old declining players eating up all that cap space long term.

IMO that team has been poorly constructed after Lebron left town and they are going to crumble, only a matter of when.

But even so, it isnt a matter of where Mal wants to go. Clips need to trade him. If they deal him they will send him to whomever offers the best package.

And like I said, we might have a leg up over perceived contenders like the Heat and actual contenders like the Cavs, because I doubt Doc is trying to send Crawford to a team he might play in the NBA Finals unless they offer something substantial in return. And Idk who the Cavs or Heat can realistically offer that would entice Doc enough to pull the trigger.

Neither team has a surplus of expendable young talent, and they won't trade core pieces for Crawford. I mean who does Miami have to give up? McRoberts? Chalmers? Idk who the **** the Cavs would even give up unless they can convince the Clips to take on Varaejao's contract or part ways with Tristan (doubtful). Honestly think a Caldo and Galloway/Early package might be better than anything the Cavs or Heat could/would offer if Doc is hell bent on trading Crawford, which I had no idea was even being spoken about before today.

Last edited:
I'd take whatever Miami is offering before I take whatever the Knicks are offering. Especially if it's Calderon.

1 year of Chris Andersen > 2 years of Calderon
3 years of McRoberts at $5mil > 2 years of Calderon at $7mil

They need more Front Court depth than they do back court depth... CP3 gives you 30-35 minutes. Have Prigioni & Rivers who can eat the rest of those minutes.

And trading Galloway & Early + Calderon gives you more cap flexibility for next season, but trading away Langston for a way over the hill bench player is a bad move. It would be a really really bad idea. Think about the future, not the now. Because adding Jamal Crawford doesn't make the Knicks really much better to the point where you have to be stupid not to make a deal. And Langston looked like a pretty good player. Need to see that through.

Last edited:
LOL Miami will not suck. Even if Wade plays half the season they'll be a 50 win team next year with Bosh back in the mix.

Dragic is regressing now? He didnt play with arguably one of the best pick n roll PFs in the game. Bosh being back will allow Wade and Dragic to be much better.

The Heat front office has done a fantastic job "rebuilding" the team after LeBron left.

I agree they are a 50-win team this upcoming year. They may even be better than the Cavs. I'm not convinced Cleveland has everything figured out. They have a lot of holes on the offensive and defensive side of the ball. LeBron can cover these "flaws" for so long.

Id like to hope they are declining but one year of broken down vets can still have an impact in the east...they dont forget how to ball

Season series 2-2 against miami this year i hope [emoji]128064[/emoji] expect big games from Melo. Imagine him dropping 40+ with a W i would cry

Last edited:
And trading Galloway & Early + Calderon gives you more cap flexibility for next season, but trading away Langston for a way over the hill bench player is a bad move. It would be a really really bad idea. Think about the future, not the now. Because adding Jamal Crawford doesn't make the Knicks really much better to the point where you have to be stupid not to make a deal. And Langston looked like a pretty good player. Need to see that through.
I disagree. If you have the chance to get Crawford on an expiring contract and need to include Galloway to dump Calderon, I would do it.

Crawford over Calderon is a major upgrade for this team and he also has one year less than Caldo on his contract. The addition of Crawford would also make Galloway's spot in the rotation more expendable since Crawford does it better and would give this team a nice veteran presence while clearing up extra minutes for Jerian Grant as well.

If giving the Clips Galloway is the deciding factor to a potential Crawford deal being made, I would pull the trigger in a second. Galloway isnt a building block for this team and better to trade him while his value is high if we have a chance to make this team significantly better and clear cap space. We don't want it to get to a point where Galloway loses all of his trade value and we see nothing of value in return like what happened to Shump, Landry, and Channing Frye amongst other recent Knicks who had solid rookie seasons. Galloway isnt anything too special.

dragic declining? 
mean.gif
 why every time a player reaches his 30s hes automatically declining 
Maybe because he went from averaging 20 and 6 as the MVP of the surprise team in the NBA to averaging 16 and 4 playing on 2 teams he made worse, and now is playing on a 5 year $90 million contract? Idk about yall but I consider that to be declining, and I have been a big Dragic fan for most of his career.

Do yall even watch basketball anymore? Dragic was sooooo far from the player he was in 2014 last season. You can take the easy way out and blame all that on not having Bosh, but the fact is, there was a reason Phoenix was so eager to trade him after him being their guy last season. I would have lost my **** if the Knicks had signed Dragic to the kind of contract Miami gave him this summer, and I said that WELL before free agency.

And I loved watching Dragic and the Suns in 2014. They were exciting as **** and Dragic was playing at a top 5 NBA PG level. During that season, I was really hopeful that the Knicks would eventually find a way to acquire him, and I have always loved Dragic. I was pleaing the Knicks to go after him in 2012 when he was leaving Houston and they signed Jeremy Lin. But he was a completely different player this past season. He looked like a shell of himself.

He isnt getting better and he will never be as good as he was last year, thus he is declining. You can argue how much he is declining and how much was related to not having Bosh, but the FACT of the matter is that he is on the decline. He isnt getting any better and there is nowhere for him to go but down at this point. It has nothing to do with him being 31. I could give a **** about his age, it's the fact that he played like an old man.

Not saying dude is a scrub, but he is FAR from worth that 5 year $90 mil contract. Don't be blinded, The Heat have not done a good job of "rebuilding" the roster after Lebron left by tossing the maximum amount of money to any player available. And they are so, so far from better than Cleveland.

They will make the playoffs this season, but I guarantee that team wont make it passed the 2nd round and that team is not built to last. They have taken the quick fix route when they had a chance to rebuild their roster. It isnt going to end well.

They have an expensive roster with a 2nd round ceiling and they will crumble sooner rather than later. They remind me of the kind of roster the Knicks usually assemble. Riley bugged out after Lebron left and let his ego get the best of him. Instead of blowing things up and rebuilding, he panicked and overpaid Bosh and now he overpaid Dragic and Wade.

If Wade was still a franchise player then it would make sense, but fact is he is far from that even when healthy, which he never is. None of those players are the kind of guys who will win you anything serious in this league. 

Last edited:
Why would u give away Galloway for a 1 year rental of a 35 year old? Not like Crawford will make us some instant contender.

Even though Galloway doesnt have much potential, it wouldnt make sense to do that.

Last edited:
I think you guys are hyping Miami up too much, Bosh basically didn't play a whole season, if he isn't healthy or he is rusty and needs a month or two to adjust i'm not sure how you can pick them to win 50 games....

He's been back to basketball activities for a couple of months now. He didnt tear a muscle or break anything. Blood clots are serious, but they're saying its gone now and if the doctors gave him the OK he'll be fine. Wont hinder what he does on the court.

Miami is a brittle team :lol:

I hope they stay healthy so we can see their full potential but idk man...
I'm saying its possible Wade misses significant time because he's Wade and Bosh is a huge question mark. So if those two don't work out this year you have Dragic and a rookie as the focal point of the team so I really don't see how 50 wins is in the cards for them. Now if everything breaks right which I highly doubt then they should win 50 games but I think these are the same pessimistic Knicks fans that think we'll be in the basement again even with a healthy Melo and some decent additions.

Why would u give away Galloway for a 1 year rental of a 35 year old? Not like Crawford will make us some instant contender.

Even though Galloway doesnt have much potential, it wouldnt make sense to do that.
I can think of a couple of easy reasons we should do this deal (if it is available to us) which FAR outweigh the one negative of Galloway potentially coming into his own after we trade him (something I think is more likely not to happen anyway).

1. Galloway isnt a building block for this team and there is a strong possibility that his trade value is the highest it will get right now. You have to remember that Galloway overachieved on the worst roster in the NBA. He was more or less unimpressive in summer league and you have to wonder if anyone even knows who the **** he is if the Knicks didnt suck so bad last season.

IMO it is much more likely that Galloway either drops off or remains more or less the same kind of player than it is he vastly improves his game/trade value. Galloway was an undrafted undersized 2 guard who made a name for himself as the lone feel good story on the worst team in the NBA. It is a stretch to think he can be a consistent contributor on an actual contending NBA roster.

2. Crawford makes this team instantly better and with no draft pick next season, we should be looking to get real creative improving this team any way possible without taking back any bad contracts... Even if it doesnt necessarily put us into contender status.

While the end game of any team should obviously always be to win a championship (which is why I was against signing players in free agency to long term contracts if they didnt offer us a chance to reach a championship caliber ceiling eventually), getting back to respectability without hurting our cap flexibility should be one of our primary concerns this season.

Remember, big name free agents wouldnt sign with the Knicks this summer because we were an absolute joke last season. While trading for Jamal Crawford wont make this team into a title contender, it could still pay off major dividends long term. More so than keeping Galloway.

If trading Galloway and Calderon can get the Knicks into the playoffs, it is something that we should strongly pursue because we dont have a draft pick. If the Knicks make the playoffs and show the rest of the league we are at least on the right track, free agents will take us much more seriously next summer than they did this summer. With no draft pick, this team really needs to go after a playoff spot at full force.

3. While Crawford would considerably improve the current roster, he would also help out our cap situation. Shedding Calderon's contract for Crawford's expiring will not only help make us more of a target destination for free agents next summer by winning more games this season, it would also free up extra cap space to actually sign those free agents. 

4. Trading Calderon for Crawford would help this team's cap situation, but it also would benefit us by getting rid of our aging, declining, worst defensive PG in the NBA to free up more minutes for our promising rookie PG of the future in Jerian Grant. Crawford would provide this team with a much needed scoring threat to jump start the second unit and is also capable of playing some backup PG minutes.

Also, freeing up an extra roster spot would allow the Knicks to go after a free agent PG if we choose to, or sign the PG from Harvard who is coming to training camp. He might be just as good or better than Galloway anyway, plus he is taller and more of a pure PG.

Idk if the Clippers would accept a Calderon/Galloway deal for Crawford, BUT if they do, it is a no brainer for the Knicks IMO. It would be a no brainer even if Crawford didnt have a history with the team and wasnt one of the more beloved/respected Knicks of the 21st century, but the fact that he is all of that makes this decision even easier if it is a possibility for us.

Getting Crawford would not only make this team instantly and significantly better (while also being a much needed veteran locker room presence coming from a winning organization), he would also give Knicks fans something to be excited about coming into the season after the abomination we were forced to witness last season. All while not costing the Knicks to use any additional cap space (actually shedding a bad contract in the process) or forcing us to trade anything of significant value. If that deal is on the table, you get it done.

Last edited:
if you're giving up galloway to get rid of caldron's contract you do it.
Basically. At this point, I think I would trade Galloway and Calderon for a future 2nd round draft pick and cash considerations or some **** just to get rid of Calderon at PG and his 2 year deal. If we have the chance to get a player like Crawford who could actually contribute to this team in a big way and is on an expiring contract, it would be an absolute no brainer,

Back
Top Bottom