2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I hope calderon plays well this year.
If he is on this team, so do I obviously. But if we have a chance to trade him for Jamal, you do it and you dont even think twice about it. But it all started as an Isola rumor and nothing has come of it since so **** it I'm over it until I hear anything serious.

Do yall even watch basketball anymore? Dragic was sooooo far from the player he was in 2014 last season. You can take the easy way out and blame all that on not having Bosh, but the fact is, there was a reason Phoenix was so eager to trade him after him being their guy last season. I would have lost my **** if the Knicks had signed Dragic to the kind of contract Miami gave him this summer, and I said that WELL before free agency.

And I loved watching Dragic and the Suns in 2014. They were exciting as **** and Dragic was playing at a top 5 NBA PG level. During that season, I was really hopeful that the Knicks would eventually find a way to acquire him, and I have always loved Dragic. I was pleaing the Knicks to go after him in 2012 when he was leaving Houston and they signed Jeremy Lin. But he was a completely different player this past season. He looked like a shell of himself.

He isnt getting better and he will never be as good as he was last year, thus he is declining. You can argue how much he is declining and how much was related to not having Bosh, but the FACT of the matter is that he is on the decline. He isnt getting any better and there is nowhere for him to go but down at this point. It has nothing to do with him being 31. I could give a **** about his age, it's the fact that he played like an old man.

Not saying dude is a scrub, but he is FAR from worth that 5 year $90 mil contract. Don't be blinded, The Heat have not done a good job of "rebuilding" the roster after Lebron left by tossing the maximum amount of money to any player available. And they are so, so far from better than Cleveland.

They will make the playoffs this season, but I guarantee that team wont make it passed the 2nd round and that team is not built to last. They have taken the quick fix route when they had a chance to rebuild their roster. It isnt going to end well.

They have an expensive roster with a 2nd round ceiling and they will crumble sooner rather than later. They remind me of the kind of roster the Knicks usually assemble. Riley bugged out after Lebron left and let his ego get the best of him. Instead of blowing things up and rebuilding, he panicked and overpaid Bosh and now he overpaid Dragic and Wade.

If Wade was still a franchise player then it would make sense, but fact is he is far from that even when healthy, which he never is. None of those players are the kind of guys who will win you anything serious in this league. 
do you know he had to share the ball with another pg eric bledsoe last season, 2014 season bledsoe missed half the season

why keep a 29 year old and pay him the max when you have a 25 year old? and how did he make a team that wasnt healthy worse?

but hes on the decline based off one season

I don't want Rubio, combine his PPG, SPG RPG, APG and that how many games played he averages per year. He's had 1 healthy season.

if he wasn't injury prone I'm all for it, it just to much money tied up into a guy who only plays half the season.

Where'd all the love for JC come from? LOL I like him much more than Calderon but I remember his first stint here. Streaky scorer with no other skills really.

Rubio for Caldo, Early, Langston :smokin

We need a player like JC. We currently have 0 players on the bench that can create their own shot and score in bunches. Completely forgot Caldo's contract goes into next year so i dont mind including Gallo I guess.

Last edited:
Rubio for Caldo, Early, Langston
smokin.gif
thats so tempting but i keep thinking about Rubios 5 yr extension kicking in

Idc, I will always love J Crossover & his time with the Knicks.

Putting up 50 on Miami :pimp: was it 18 straight points?

Putting Deron Williams & Captain Kirk in the spin cycle :pimp:

He was the only one I remember really making an effort defensively under Larry Brown that year.

Last edited:
Def, would like him more as a 6th man and not a starter as he was, or the man. Compared to Caldo, I guess ill join in the love fest. Honestly tho he is not the missing link.

At this point i'd trade Caldo for a snickers bar..... If we can get an actual NBA player back for him i'd be a bonus....

Back
Top Bottom