2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Did a myLeague on 2K after the JR/Iman trade and after 2015 free agency I ended up with:

Dragic
Matthews
Melo
Acy
Towns

THJr, Larkin, Cole, STAT, Cleanthony off the bench.

I really like that team and I think its possible. Must play at a faster pace though

How much do you expect Dragon and Wes to receive annually?

That team is probably a first round exit, at most in my opinion.

:lol: @ Acy still being on the team

Yall dudes love to hang on to guys you see potential in like they can be apart of the future.

I hope Phil just scorches the Earth and starts fresh. I wouldn't give one damb if the roster was like 90% different next season.

i wanna keep Acy since he's a tough dude and you always need 1 guy like that to do the scrappy stuff. He's best off the bench though.

Last edited:
:lol: @ Acy still being on the team

Yall dudes love to hang on to guys you see potential in like they can be apart of the future.

I hope Phil just scorches the Earth and starts fresh. I wouldn't give one damb if the roster was like 90% different next season.

I think theres a good chance it will be 90% different anyways

Some of you guys are bugging. Why would any of you want Aldridge?!? He's exactly what Amare wishes he could be and we all know that Amare and Melo cannot coexist on the court at the same time. We need a legit post threat in order to master the triangle and it's not or never will be Melo or Aldridge. We HAVE to sign a guy Monroe like.

Also there is no reason to offer Marc Gasol anything. He's another injury prone who we all would hate in 2 years.

We need hungry blue color boring guys. These should be the guys on our radar that will be either restricted or unrestricted free agents.

Milsap
Affalo
Pat Beverly
D Jordan (pause)
Asik
Tobias Harris
Wes Matt
Dorrell Wright
Ro lopez
Danny Green
hansbrough
Andre Miller

Those are names off top. But we need guys that can play their roles realistically.

Acy better be the last big man off the bench if we keep him. He kills out spacing and he's not a good enough passer to make up for it. He plays hard but I wouldn't call him a great defender either. Rather we keep Aldrich as the last big if its that necessary.

Last edited:
THJr has potential to be a solid role player and that is about it. In no way would I consider him untouchable. Plays zero defense and shot selection is not the greatest. But if he's on, then it's all good.

i still dont understand why yall are mad about the trade. phil achieved his goal by creating more cap space and yall are always calling for shump and JR's heads anyway. would you rather watch JR chuck up uncontested fade aways for another 6mil next year or use that money on someone else? trading melo is dumb as hell too. wtf are we gonna attract when our best player on the roster is caldo. idk if some of yall are trolling or just dont know basketball.

i still dont understand why yall are mad about the trade. phil achieved his goal by creating more cap space and yall are always calling for shump and JR's heads anyway. would you rather watch JR chuck up uncontested fade aways for another 6mil next year or use that money on someone else? trading melo is dumb as hell too. wtf are we gonna attract when our best player on the roster is caldo. idk if some of yall are trolling or just dont know basketball.

I the displeasure of the trade revolves around not getting anything for JR and Shump, which is understood, but I also think that was the intention. Just get rid of the players and not get any in return.

THJ is cheap and can score. Its his second year and i've seen some (although little) kind of improvement.

Good to hang on to guys like that instead of pay players like Lou Will, JR, Jamal 5-7 mill per.

Last edited:
THJ is cheap and can score. Its his second year and i've seen some (although little) kind of improvement.

Good to hang on to guys like that instead of pay players like Lou Will, JR, Jamal 5-7 mill per.

It's like Deja Vu w/ Shump all over again. Except this guy can score but can't defend. There's always something lol

I don't think we could have gotten anybody worth while for shump or JR without throwing in a couple BJs. LOL I've been down on Shump and only wanted to keep JR providing he returned to 6 man of the year form. Its gonna be a lonnng rest of the season either way. Phil da gawd looking mighty mortal rite now but I also admit I'm biased. Want to belee but giving benefit of the doubt at this point.

It's like Deja Vu w/ Shump all over again. Except this guy can score but can't defend. There's always something lol

You think so? Idk maybe i'm wrong. He's about to get a ******** of minutes, he's averaging 23 min now i expect it to be around 30-35 after this trade. Major judgement on him for rest of season.

He better learn how to pass, rebound, and not shoot the first thing he sees :lol:

This is his chance to improve now so we'll see. I'll give him some time.

He cant create off the dribble like them, hes just an athletic inconsistent spot up shooter

If they can get a first rounder for him, i think he'll be gone with caldo

If Philly lands #1 they gotta trade it to us right?

Noel, Embiid, Okafor :x :smh:

I'd take Embiid over all of those guys in a heartbeat

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom