2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

Here's another important piece to Monroe waiting until the summer – beyond preferring to have his choice. Why would a team want to give up a player or draft pick for Monroe when that teams knows it can get Monroe without giving up assets? And look at it from Monroe's perspective: he wants a team to keep its assets so it can be as good as possible when he joins.

Monroe carefully made his decision, and with the Pistons nowhere near a playoff team, he has just four more months of this situation. Sure he's frustrated by losing, but Detroit has not won more than 30 games in a season since it drafted Monroe as the No. 7 pick in 2010. He can wait it out.

"Greg has a great deal of respect for Stan and even though Greg is frustrated by the losing, he knows Stan is a terrific coach," Falk said.

Monroe is averaging 15 points, 9.1 rebounds and 1.7 assists and has eight double-doubles. Atlanta had interest in the summer and may have interest again in July. It's also not a stretch to picture Monroe with the New York Knicks and the triangle offense. But there will be other teams looking for a big man, too.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2014/12/17/greg-monroe-trade-free-agency/20541965/

He's the anti-Melo! :lol:

I'd like Gallo back but idk if he's worth it with his health and contract. Think he'd be a great fit for us though and could definitely be acquired.

laugh.gif

I do not want to see Gallo on this team. **** no. Two knee surgeries, good shooter but does nothing else. No thanks.

Gallo really isn't even a great shooter though :lol:

Can't believe this troll D'Antoni hyped him up and said "he's the best shooter I've ever seen" :rofl:

Last edited:
Gallo really isn't even a great shooter though
laugh.gif

Can't believe this troll D'Antoni hyped him up and said "he's the best shooter I've ever seen"
roll.gif
if he would have just looked out of his apartment window he would have seen cesar shooting 90% from half court 

So Rondo to the Mavs is likely? Hmmm

Or it could just be a story out there to put pressure on other organizations (like us) to give up more and a lottery pick.

I think I saw Ainge is only trying to trade him to the West.

Also, I'm not tryna gut the team for 1 guy like we did for Melo.

I think I saw Ainge is only trying to trade him to the West.

Also, I'm not tryna gut the team for 1 guy like we did for Melo.

Oh, I'm not trying to either. I think it's great news we don't go after Rondo and trade our picks.

I just wanted the playoff-push Knicks fans to know that Rondo dream is dead.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom