2015 NY Knicks offseason thread, Los Almighty appreciation thread

I might be the only one but i would love to see joe johnson as melos sidekick

Stat for joe
no youre def the only one.

no need to trade for rondo, we already did that with melo and saw how that worked out. i def want him in the offseason though.

i also need the grizzlies to crash and burn to decrease the chance of gasol re-signing.

then we draft okafor.

championship.

Trading for Joe Johnson would only make the tanking even stronger. Wouldn't win another game with him on this team.

No reason to trade for Rondo. He's a free agent after this year. Plus the Boston's GM hates the Knicks.

Im just saying joe johnson is the only good scoring option the knicks can probably realistically get moving forward

Rather keep the cap space than trade stat or bargs for anyone with a big deal.

I wouldn't trade this years pick (not even sure if we're allowed to) for rondo. I'd offer Timmy, Shane, Shump and a future 1 for him though.

THIS

Rather keep the cap space

Saw this on facebook, how do you guys feel about this poosible trade?

Knicks and Suns Discuss trade

Could  Amar’e Stoudemire  be on his way back to Phoenix?

It’s no secret around the NBA that Phoenix is in need of front court help. The Suns  have a plethora of point guards on their roster and a lot of money tied up with three players that are essentially the same player. And as Howard Beck has reported, the Suns could be potential sellers as the trade deadline approaches because of the money they have wrapped up in their current trio of guards and the uncertainty of Goran Dragic  free agency status next summer.

I spoke with a New York Knicks  team official today that preferred stay anonymous, but was told the Knicks have been pleasantly surprised with Stoudemire’s durability and production thus far and would entertain offers for the power forward. The source went on to say that Phil Jackson would certainly listen to offers regarding Stoudemire despite hisexpiring $23.4 million  contract if it meant bringing back a young player that could help with their future.
“Phil Jackson believes Amar’e Stoudemire has played the best out of any Knicks player in the triangle offense so far and thinks that teams will be interested in the power forward as the trade deadline approaches.”

Jackson also thinks the Knicks could bring Stoudemire back next year, but knows Amar’e could add value to a team looking to make a push this season. This puts Jackson in a difficult situation though, because he sees the value he gives the struggling Knicks along with his huge expiring contract, but knows the team isn’t going anywhere this season, so teams could offer the Knicks value moving forward for Stoudemire.

And one team Jackson has talked to is the Phoenix Suns. Phil loves what Eric Bledsoe brings to the table and believes he could be a great compliment to Carmelo Anthony. Jackson would prefer to have Goran Dragic because he feels his mid-range and three-point shooting compliments the Knicks triangle offense much better, but understands his contract and opt out clause could hinder any type of potential trade.”
The team official would go on to say that no deal is imminent but both teams remain very interested in making a potential deal. I wasn’t told anything about a potential third team, but that seems like it could be a possibility as well.

Stoudemire has played well this year, but teams will always have to be concerned about his health. Stoudemire does seem like a logical fit for the Suns as the team could use a veteran low post presence and STAT has shown flashes this year of his old dominating self. However, I find it hard to believe that the Suns would part ways with any of their guards for just Stoudemire, but the Knicks could offer possibly Iman Shumpert – who the Suns have been intrigued with  for years.

One thing to keep an eye on moving forward is the tough Western Conference playoff chase. It looks like the Suns will be in a battle for the eighth spot with New Orleans and Oklahoma City. The Suns have lost six straight and may look to make a trade sooner rather than later with hopes of staying in the chase. It seems logical that the trio of guards the team has haven’t meshed well and a power forward like Stoudemire could help the Suns snap out of their funk while providing the team with a much-needed offensive presence on the block.

The Knicks could definitely use a young piece they deem a part of their future. If New York could land Bledsoe to go with their probable lottery pick next summer, they could be back on track next year. Even with Bledsoe’s contract, the Knicks will still have around $10 million – possibly more, to add a third piece to their roster. Another words, the future isn’t as cloudy as some NBA analysts think.

Stay tuned…

Trade stat for dragic. and we cant trade this years pick. thats good because we would do some dumb trade with the pick like the eddy curry one smh

I'm all for the Knicks getting a borderline all star pg to make a playoff push but why would the Suns make this trade?

I got a question tho, say you can trade STAT to Phoenix and get some good pieces back, cool, what could be gotten for Bargs, I just don't see him coming back and being effective at all, that was a wasted trade to get him, I understand the reasoning behind it I guess, but it hasn't yielded any kind of return, so what do they do with him, I can see STAT because he has shown enough flashes of being good(ish) and dependable, but Bargs is entirely different story, I don't think he's tradeable. But at the same time what can he be used for? What GM is looking at the non productivity and saying we need him.

Last edited:
If PHX does that trade, it's because they know Dragic is leaving regardless, he did say he wants to be a free agent, he hasn't liked the team adding another PG.

Goran Dragic on reason for Suns early struggles: ‘Because there’s only one ball and we’re all point guards’

Dragic has a player option on his contract, if he get traded to NYK, does that option still exist for next year? & we need to get rid of JR and Calderon

THIS is the only reason why i didnt like the tyson trade because ya you traded felton but now you got jose contract which loses flexibility for this summer during free agency... i say you trade jose this year regardless just to free up cap room... hes not our future pg and we need the cap space

I got a question tho, say you can trade STAT to Phoenix and get some good pieces back, cool, what could be gotten for Bargs, I just don't see him coming back and being effective at all, that was a wasted trade to get him, I understand the reasoning behind it I guess, but it hasn't yielded any kind of return, so what do they do with him, I can see STAT because he has shown enough flashes of being good(ish) and dependable, but Bargs is entirely different story, I don't think he's tradeable. But at the same time what can he be used for? What GM is looking at the non productivity and saying we need him.
dont think u get anything for bargs, maybe herpes.

So sad, he can't be gotten rid of just like herpes. He is just on the roster eating up a spot. I was just thinking, no one, wants that guy on their team. So he'll basically ride out the rest of the season on the bench with this mysterious hamstring injury and once the season is over he will disappear into some Turkish league never to be heard from again.

So sad, he can't be gotten rid of just like herpes. He is just on the roster eating up a spot. I was just thinking, no one, wants that guy on their team. So he'll basically ride out the rest of the season on the bench with this mysterious hamstring injury and once the season is over he will disappear into some Turkish league never to be heard from again.
honestly, you could probably move him for a terrible contract but that would be counterproductive. like I'm sure if you said hey brooklyn, give me joe johnson for shump and bargs, they'd do it, but then u mess with the cap potential.

honestly, you could probably move him for a terrible contract but that would be counterproductive. like I'm sure if you said hey brooklyn, give me joe johnson for shump and bargs, they'd do it, but then u mess with the cap potential.
Yeah, that's why I hope they let him languish for the rest of the season and let him walk because trading him just to take back a bad contract would be counterproductive just like you said, he was a bad contract. I mean it is laughable because D-Fish doesn't even know if dude is healthy enough to even practice let alone play so might as well let him sit because I think his playing days a Knicks are essentially over.

we have the 2nd worst record  best draft lottery odds in the league
fixed 
smokin.gif

Phil knows this is a throwaway season, what were Knicks ceiling this year? Exactly. Alot of cap off this year,
decent freshman class, good core of free agents next year, he did mention the best way to build was the draft.

Phil on trades while protecting cap: "What we have to do is protect our future.'' Jackson said opportunities aren't "jumping out at us.''

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom