• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gardner just did an interview and said until he got coached by Nuss, he has never had to identify the MIKE and didn't know how to... Wow.

USC starting OL Kahliel Rodgers out for the first two weeks of the season with injury. Freshman Damien Mama is running with the 1's.

Stanford is their second opponent of the season.

Omazing graaaaaace.

]

And how is someone like Mama, listed at 377 after dropping from 390+ pounds, going to keep up with Sark's up tempo offense?
Lots of rotating of OL and gatorade.
[h1]USC safety Su’a Cravens clashed with teammates over “miscommunication”[/h1]
USC safety Su’a Cravens clashed with his teammates earlier this week over whether he was healthy enough to practice.

Cravens was sidelined at the beginning of training camp with strep throat and then was held out with a strained groin. Apparently, the problem arose when players thought he would practice Tuesday but he was still held out.

“That was just a miscommunication,” Cravens said Saturday.

Cravens’ mentor, former USC Butkus Award winner Chris Claiborne, met with Cravens on Tuesday night at USC to “make sure everyone was on the same page,” USC coach Steve Sarkisian said.

Cravens said the meeting with Claiborne was not unusual.

“I talk to Chris every day,” Cravens said. “I didn’t ask him to come down.”

Sarkisian said the incident demonstrated how much the players care about the well-being of the team.

“The positive of it all is the players want to win,” he said. “This was all between the players. It never came to the coaches. I said before how close-knit they are and they tell me they are a lot closer than last year.”

There was speculation Cravens was unhappy because he is now playing linebacker in nickel-defense situations.

“I’m cool with doing whatever the team needs me to do,” Cravens said. “They’ve got me at safety and linebacker. We’ll see what happens.”

Cravens said he never considered transferring from USC.

“I’m not going anywhere,” he said. “I’ve got a tattoo of the Coliseum on my arm.”

HARRIS MAKES HIS MOVE

Freshman wide receiver Ajene Harris is overshadowed by bigger names but he currently is the Trojans’ No. 3 wide receiver.

“He’s earned it,” Sarkisian said.

One could argue Harris is suited for the spot because he can play slot back and that can be the role of the third receiver. For example, star freshman Juju Smith is competing to start at one of the two regular spots. But Harris’ rise up the depth chart is impressive considering that receiving is one of the Trojans’ deepest positions.

Harris was the City Section 4A player of the year at Crenshaw High School as a quarterback. Sarkisian said playing quarterback actually helped Harris because he is able to understand the offense better.

ADOREE JACKSON RETURNS

Freshman Adoree Jackson (foot, ankle) returned and practiced exclusively on defense.

“He’s a little rusty,” Sarkisian said. “His athleticism looked great but he needs to work on his technique.”

Meanwhile, defensive tackle Leonard Williams participated in his longest practice since being sidelined with a shoulder injury.

“My shoulder feels good,” Williams said. “They don’t want me to re-hurt it again. I don’t like being out at all. It’s hard to snap at the guys when you’re not practicing.”

SPRAINED ANKLE U

Tailback Justin Davis, defensive end J.R. Tavai and offensive guard Damien Mama sprained ankles during practice. None of the injuries were considered serious, Sarkisian said. Davis’ injury was not related to last year’s fracture he suffered against Notre Dame.

CROSSTOWN RIVALS

Sarkisian’s son and UCLA assistant coach Demetrice Martin’s son scrimmaged against each other during a Pop Warner game Saturday. Martin is also a former USC assistant and was Sarkisian’s defensive backs coach at Washington before going to UCLA.

Kent State's starting center Jason Bitsko was found dead in his apartment yesterday morning.  Police are attributing his death to an "undetermined medical issue."

RIP

Andrew Giangola @IMGCollege  ·  19h
Hancock says ESPN to have access to CFB Playoff selection room but audio access is up for debate. #Cynopsis

The nation’s top-ranked quarterback in 2016 in Thousand Oaks (Calif.) Westlake standout Malik Henry recently narrowed his list of scholarship offers to Florida State, Notre Dame, Ohio State and UCLA, and the blue-chipper plans to decide soon.

7_2872334.jpg

“It’s going to happen during the season,” Henry said.

The nation’s No. 3 prospect overall according to the 247Sports Composite also said he has a good idea of which school he’s going to choose. It’s now about making sure it’s the right decision.

“That’s exactly where I am right now,” Henry said. Also a standout pitcher, he’ll play both football and baseball on the next level. “I’m just trying to figure that out. I’m talking to the players. I’m trying to figure out if it’s the right place for me. How they like it. I’m just trying to see and hear perspective.”

For Henry, he felt right on that campus.

“Just when I walked in the office, it just felt like home,” he said. “All the coaches were coming up to me and shaking my hand. Even the defensive coaches. It wasn’t just the offensive coaches. I had the line coach come up to me, all the coaches, it just felt like a family there. They have a beautiful campus. The academics are very good, and they produce quarterbacks, and the quarterbacks coach, he really knows what he’s talking about and knows what he’s doing.”

Henry has visited all four of his finalists and has a return visit to Notre Dame locked in for the Michigan game on Sept. 6. He’s and his family are talking about returning to Florida State for a game later in the fall but nothing has been scheduled. The Seminoles are the current 247Sports Crystal Ball favorite to land Henry. Nearby UCLA is a place Henry could check out for games more than once this season.

Henry broke down each of his finalists.

“Ohio State they’ve always been, they were just a favorite,” he started. “They always stayed at the top of my list. I have family down there. I like the school. On the visit I said to myself I could see myself fitting in here. The offense fits me perfectly.

“Notre Dame, working with Coach (Matt) LaFleur was really fun. I like the way he coaches. Never a dull moment around him and he gets after you and makes sure you’re doing the right thing. Notre Dame is a great school, great academic school and beautiful campus.

“UCLA, working with Coach (Noel and Taylor) Mazzone and just getting an opportunity to play in front of my hometown is something that I might want to do, and I love the school and everything about it. If I can stay home that would be great.

“Florida State, I like it down South. It’s really fun down there. Their campus is amazing, their coaching staff is amazing. Working with Coach (Jimbo) Fisher, I learned a lot from him. I really see myself in their offense. When I was down there I was getting compared to Jameis Winston, and I got the Jameis comparisons the whole weekend, and I kind of see myself like him. We both play the same positions in both sports which is pretty cool.”

Henry finished his sophomore season completing over 60 percent of his passes for 2,362 yards and 21 touchdowns.

lloyd.png

:nerd: :smokin

Last edited:
I know I've read all Nole interviews with this kid so they may be slanted greatly, but it really seems like he's FSU's to lose.

Canes lead for Shavar Manuel 
happy.gif
pimp.gif
 '16 is going to be a stooooopid class

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom