Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So what's everyones top four?

Mines
1.bama
2.oregon
3.fsu
4.ohio state :\ (I think losing to tech early in the season helps, also this win gets them in after further evaluation of their schedule and win margin )

Last edited:
Nah I think the Buckeyes eviscerating Mich St. is tops. Oregon always chokes a game away every year. It's happened 3 outta the last 4 years with them losing at home.

Last edited:
Paging University of Houston
I don't think there will be any Texas schools added.  The Big 12 screwed up not adding Louisville and Pitt when they had the chance.  IMO they go east and add two of UCONN, Cincy, or Memphis.  

FSU
Bama
Oregon

Baylor, TCU, and Ohio State should have to complete in the American gladiator events to see who gets in.

Nah I think the Buckeyes eviscerating Mich St. is tops. Oregon always chokes a game away every year. It's happened 3 outta the last 4 years with them losing at home.

Huh? I'm struggling to understand how a win over the Pac 12 champ and #1/2 isn't the best road win... I'm not dogging Michigan State by any stretch, but I just can't see how a road win at East Lansing trumps a win at Autzen Stadium

I laughed out loud when I read that. Their non conference schedule was so god awful. Don't reward that crap.

LMAO

You will never see Urban or Gary sitting there talking about distance traveled. The dude has the nerve to compare scores during the time of game? :lol:

Huh? I'm struggling to understand how a win over the Pac 12 champ and #1/2 isn't the best road win... I'm not dogging Michigan State by any stretch, but I just can't see how a road win at East Lansing trumps a win at Autzen Stadium

Auzten isn't some impenetrable fortress. Lesser teams have won there recently.

Last edited:
I'd put baylor over TCU..and ive been on the TCU bandwagon all year.

Man, its gonna be 2 SICK teams tomorrow

Auzten isn't some impenetrable fortress. Lesser teams have won there recently.

Oregon's last few home losses:

2013: no home loss
2012: Stanford (rose bowl champs)
2011: USC (finished #5 in AP poll)
2010: no home loss
2009: no home loss
2008: Boise State

Oregon's last few home losses:

2013: no home loss
2012: Stanford (rose bowl champs)
2011: USC (finished #5 in AP poll)
2010: no home loss
2009: no home loss
2008: Boise State

2014: Arizona

as I've said 3 outta 4 Years. Ducks were big favorites in most of those I think as well.

Just throwing the thought out there, I think TCU would beat Baylor at least 6 out of 10 times. At this point. Yes, Baylor won head-to-head, but isn't the whole point to get the FOUR best teams at THIS POINT in the playoff? TCU will put up a better fight than Baylor against any of the other 3 teams, period. I don't wanna see Baylor's defense get EXPOSED again this year.

I agree with what was said above tho, the Big 12 should add Memphis and Cincy.

Last edited:
2014: Arizona

as I've said 3 outta 4 Years. Ducks were big favorites in most of those I think as well.

I guess I'm confused how those play into this year. I mean Michigan State lost 5 games at home two seasons ago, one more than Oregon has had since 2008.

But really, none of that holds weight this year. 2014 should be based on 2014 results.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Top 4 will be:
1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. FSU
4. Ohio State

Oregon will jump Bama because it is clear that the committee wants a Bama/FSU matchup in New Orleans (an absolute dream in terms of ticket sales to the traveling fan bases). Ohio State will make the playoff so the committee can avoid the awkward/controversial decision of picking between TCU and Baylor. Justification for the order will include: (1) Oregon's margin of victory in avenging their only loss of the season, (2) Ohio State's margin of victory against a strong Wisconsin team, (3) The Big 12's lack of a conference championship game.

The real, unspoken reason why Ohio State will sneak into the playoff is because TCU and Baylor are both small private schools with newfound success. Ohio State is one of the blue bloods of college football and including them in the playoff means more ticket sales and TV ratings.

Last edited:
A 4-team playoff is better than what we had before! It might not be the best system, but its slowly getting better.

What a fun season it has been! 

Back
Top Bottom