• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Art Briles keeping it real, but without a conf. championship game, kinda of hard to take the conference seriously. But if it keeps Ohio State from wasting America's time with a another subpar performance in an elite bowl game, I'm all for it....

It shouldn't matter but TCU winning a Rose Bowl and Baylor getting washed in the Orange Bowl is going to play a role.

Ya, I don't see how those were "top" non conference games. I still would put FSU in the playoffs though, but I think they'll get exposed by Bama if they stay at 4

Art Briles keeping it real, but without a conf. championship game, kinda of hard to take the conference seriously. But if it keeps Ohio State from wasting America's time with a another subpar performance in an elite bowl game, I'm all for it....

Lol go back to the NBA thread

I got a good feeling OSU's quarterback won't perform like that come playoff time if they get in.

I think the problem here is that there is not much emphasis on winning. TCU somehow has the inside track over Baylor, yet Baylor beat TCU and that should hold more weight than the eye test. Both have similar resumes in terms of opponents, same record. FSU on the other hand, is the defending champ, with no losses. Shouldn't matter the margin of victory, or style points, they won all games on there schedule and the conference title, but is ranked behind teams with one loss on there record. Doesn't make any sense.

Going into champ Saturday via ESPN.

SOS ranks: TCU-42, FSU-43, OSU-54, Baylor- 64.

I guarantee Bama wants TCU at 4, not FSU. 

FSU should be #1, period.

Like dude said, that OOC schedule wasn't bad.

Only thing they could have done better was get lucky by OSU, ND and UF being better

I think the problem here is that there is not much emphasis on winning. 
Let's ask ourselves this.

If there were no playoff at all this year, would an unbeaten FSU get bounced down to #4 and out of the CHIP.

Hell no. So why pooh on them in this case, just because you can.

Last edited:
Big 12 should really be forced top name 1 champion though. So that team can be viewed how they stack up against OSU.

Let's ask ourselves this.

If there were no playoff at all this year, would an unbeaten FSU get bounced down to #4 and out of the CHIP.

Hell no. So why pooh on them in this case, just because you can.
I totally agree. 

If the BCS was in place FSU still wouldn't be no. 1 so your point is moot.

Last edited:
Why not? Defending champ with no losses. Let me repeat.....no losses. 

It was on CFB Live earlier this week they used the old system with the AP, Coaches poll and CPU rankings. It spit out Bama #1, FSU #2, Oregon #3, TCU #4.

Opponent records by team:

Ohio State - 84-60
TCU - 61-70
Baylor - 61-70

Interesting stat.

Tears will be shed and jimmies will be rustled tomorrow.

It was on CFB Live earlier this week they used the old system with the AP, Coaches poll and CPU rankings. It spit out Bama #1, FSU #2, Oregon #3, TCU #4.
If it was Bama or any SEC team for that matter that's entering this season as defending champ, remained undefeated through this season, there is no way that team would be sitting at #4. No way. FSU shouldn't be treated any different.

Last edited:
I'm not going to argue if they would be #1, because that detracts from the point being made. 

IF BCS was here, no way an unbeaten team doesn't play for the CHIP, when all other have losses, period.

They never lost. Attempted to schedule some DOPE teams OOC, and beat them too. It's not FSU's fault those OOC teams were udner par this year.

Those same teams are normally doing big things, straight up, and they scheduled all 3, in one year.

roll.gif
 Man whatever, that makes zero sense.

I dnt trust this college committee at all... They better leave FSU alone, they should be ranked #1 but 4th is a good place in terms of the regional playoff game. I dnt like them going to the Rose bowl to play Oregon, just dnt rub me right.

Back
Top Bottom