• Scooby Wright

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adoree' Jackson

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We're not gonna have a larger outcry for TCU currently being ranked outside looking in? I believe a case could be made over Oregon or Mississippi State.

We're not gonna have a larger outcry for TCU currently being ranked outside looking in? I believe a case could be made over Oregon or Mississippi State.
TCU's schedule is atrocious too. It's better than Miss State's but do you really believe TCU would beat Miss State? Or Oregon?

Based on resume and what I think would happen if they met, there's no reason for TCU to be ahead of Oregon. Miss St. is nitpicking. I don't mind either being in or out but MSU has been #1 all year and lost by 5 points to Alabama. You're not gonna throw them out of the top 4 for that.

Last edited:
TCU's schedule is atrocious too. It's better than Miss State's but do you really believe TCU would beat Miss State? Or Oregon?

Based on resume and what I think would happen if they met, there's no reason for TCU to be ahead of Oregon. Miss St. is nitpicking. I don't mind either being in or out but MSU has been #1 all year and lost by 5 points to Alabama. You're not gonna throw them out of the top 4 for that.

I think the simple fact between Oregon and TCU is that Oregon controls its own destiny where TCU does not in terms of a conference title. Miss St. still hasn't really proved anything to me in terms of being one of the best teams in the country, but then again, each team has its weaknesses.

Also if schedule is what people want to go off, answer me this: Which FSU win over a currently ranked opponent is your favorite?

I'm not saying FSU isn't top 4, I'm just saying people need to consider the totality of the year, not just schedule or the eye test or individual games.

Last edited:

"Atrocious" is harsh. B12 is the second best conference this year after SEC. TCU has four wins against top-20 opponents. Don't own a bad loss, only one was by a FG to the #7 team in the Playoff Rankings. TCU also has a non-conference victory over Minnesota, by a far wider margin than my own Ohio State (23 points).

I think TCU would beat Miss St. by 2 TD

Also if schedule is what people want to go off, answer me this: Which FSU win over a currently ranked opponent is your favorite?

I'm not saying FSU isn't top 4, I'm just saying people need to consider the totality of the year, not just schedule or the eye test or individual games.

My personal favorite one is the one vs a healthy clemson w/ Watson and w/o their starting QB

Last edited:
Sportscenter twitter was confirming Brax will stay, but thats the only place I've seen it. Not on espn tv/website :nerd:

"Atrocious" is harsh. B12 is the second best conference this year after SEC. TCU has four wins against top-20 opponents. Don't own a bad loss, only one was by a FG to the #7 team in the Playoff Rankings. TCU also has a non-conference victory over Minnesota, by a far wider margin than my own Ohio State (23 points).
@ChampCruThik B12 is the 2nd best conference? There are 5 ranked teams in the Pac 12 South alone.

Are there 5 good teams in the entire Big 12?

@dreClark If Mullen is calling his offense the way he did against Bama absolutely. But that TCU win against Kansas was suspect to say the least. Their offense is impressive, but I'm starting to think a lot of what we see is the result of the Big 12 consistently being the most underachieving conference in the land.

(Clemson was ranked by the committee, but they're also not ranked in either of the major polls.)

Last edited:
Miss St is dog **** in their 2ndary, Boykin & co would have a field day & would be able to make enough stops to force MSU to pass to keep up

The major polls don't matter when the ultimate decisions are made via the playoff rankings, right?

Last edited:

I think TCU should definitely be over Mississippi State but the Frogs didnt help themselves by looking absolutely terrible against Kansas.

Frogs are 3-1 against currently ranked top 25 opponents. Mississippi State only has one top 25 win since LSU and Texas A&M dropped out plus their OOC is atrocious.

I have a bad feeling that the Big 12 is going to be left out completely unless something happens to one of the top 4.

I find it hilarious that I'm playing devil's advocate for Mississippi State right now when 5 weeks ago I was getting crucified in here for saying Mississippi State's defense was mediocre, their offense had holes, and that they would drop at least one, prob two (and that Ole Miss was a 2-3 loss team.)

Dudes in here wanted my head. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I think TCU should definitely be over Mississippi State but the Frogs didnt help themselves by looking absolutely terrible against Kansas.

Frogs are 3-1 against currently ranked top 25 opponents. Mississippi State only has one top 25 win since LSU and Texas A&M dropped out plus their OOC is atrocious.

I have a bad feeling that the Big 12 is going to be left out completely unless something happens to one of the top 4.

You'll be fine, MSU is gonna lose to Ole Miss

You could say the same for State's O. We saw what Baylor did to TCU. They've been susceptible to giving up big plays too. It'd be a toss up to say the least for me. I'm just hoping at the end of the year of the standings stay the way they are they re seed the teams. Want to see Bama-FSU and Oregon-State/TCU/Baylor in the semis.

You'll be fine, MSU is gonna lose to Ole Miss

Im worried about the committees new found love for Ohio State. They could jump TCU with a win in the Big 10 Championship game. The Big 12 not having a championship game is going to hurt the conference.

TCU needs to lay a beat down on Texas on Thanksgiving or Im afraid they will be stuck at 5.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be more worried about the fact that Baylor will eventually jump yall if they win out.

Im worried about the committees new found love for Ohio State. They could jump TCU with a win in the Big 10 Championship game. The Big 12 not having a championship game is going to hurt the conference.

Naw, Ohio State (at this point) clearly has the absolutely worst loss of all the top 7 teams so I think that keeps them out barring something like TCU, Baylor, Florida State, Alabama all losing another game

Last edited:
You should be more worried about the fact that Baylor will eventually jump yall if they win out.

Ive been having that same argument for weeks with other TCU and Baylor people so I dont feel like getting into it here but... I dont think it will happen but you never know. You could be right and we would have nobody to blame but ourselves.

The only reason they're behind now is Thebes only played 9 games and gave yet to play K-State. Common opponents, they destroyed OU in Norman x and Kansas as well. Even long said last night there resume' isn't matching up yet but they still have gm their a chance to move up to where H2H will ultimately have to be a factor. Personally I'm rooting for chaos on champ Sat. Oregon, Bama, FSU, OSU all losing their title games Would be hilarious.

The only reason they're behind now is Thebes only played 9 games and gave yet to play K-State. Common opponents, they destroyed OU in Norman x and Kansas as well. Even long said last night there resume' isn't matching up yet but they still have gm their a chance to move up to where H2H will ultimately have to be a factor. Personally I'm rooting for chaos on champ Sat. Oregon, Bama, FSU, OSU all losing their title games Would be hilarious.

Yeah but Baylor also has a 14 point loss to a 4 loss team on their resume. We will see how it plays out. People seem to be conveniently forgetting that part.

Right now the best thing that's happened to TCU is Minnesota playing tO$U close.

But Baylor only has 1 loss to a pretty decent WVU team. @Trelvis Tha Thrilla Let's not forget TCU barely scraped by them too. You won by 1 point.

None of that will matter in the end though.

I'm gonna put money on TCU losing to Texas outright...

Last edited:
Rankings are fine with Mississippi State at 4 or 5. With wins vs Vandy and Ole Miss they should be in the playoff. They were number 1 for a minute and after a road loss to the team that everyone thinks is the best team, they should be out? No way possible. And quality wins won't be seen as such after a couple of weeks. Just like quality wins over CURRENTLY ranked teams went from 3 to 1 for MSU, same will happen for other teams. Minnesota is 25 in the playoff ranking and is seen as a quality win for one of those highly ranked big 12 schools and Ohio State. Minnesota's remaining schedule: @ Nebraska, @ Wisconsin 

The rankings will continue to work themselves out. If all top 4 schools hold court, the rankings should stay the same.

*excuse my biases

Hail State though

Back
Top Bottom