2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks are underestimating taking 50 shots. There's a reason it's rarely happened. Outside of curry and a few others, it's quite a challenge

Same with Shaq in 2000 and KG in '04. Someone will screw it up. Not that it's that big of a deal since Steph will win anyway. But someone will try to be that guy.

Yep. That said, I honestly can't think of even a reasonable argument for someone to win ROY over KAT. But I'm still thinking he won't be the unanimous selection. Somebody from NY will vote for Krispy even though his production dropped off the last 3rd of the season or so.

Folks are underestimating taking 50 shots. There's a reason it's rarely happened. Outside of curry and a few others, it's quite a challenge
you act like the jazz were playing hard d or even caring to d him up though. no double teams , nothing ,they played into the part of letting kobe have his moment. dont kidd yourself. like when you guarding a girl or little kid playing pickup. thats how i saw it. if that game was meaningful for the jazz it wouldve been a totally different game. 

Last edited:
I think a couple of us said we wanted to see him take 50 shots. This dude really did it. Now I need to hear reports in September that "Kobe has an itch" and is willing to join the Cavs or the Warriors.

Kobe got the Jeter treatment. Baltimore/Utah served up a legend to let him win the game for his team. If you have nothing to play for, you better let the man go out on a high note :pimp:

Last edited:
I was flipping back and forth between Dubs and Lakers. What I saw was mostly single coverage. And whenever I saw double teams they would come late. It was pitiful defense.

My question is why would any team double a washed 37 year old player? Especially when he went cold a few times in the game? He started 0 for 5 hit his next five then missed his next 4 i believe. You would think once that fourth quarter hit he would be air balling everything from his stamina being drained.

How many minutes did he play anyways?

44 percent on 50 shots is not bad especial considering how putrid his 3 point shooting was last night.

If im a coach and i see this guy is shooting 28 percent from 3 and hes already taken 20 plus 3's tonight why would you double that?

I think a couple of us said we wanted to see him take 50 shots. This dude really did it. Now I need to hear reports in September that "Kobe has an itch" and is willing to join the Cavs or the Warriors.

Kobe got the Jeter treatment. Baltimore/Utah served up a legend to let him win the game for his team. If you have nothing to play for, you better let the man go out on a high note :pimp:

Kobe to the 76ers to help mold and coach those young bucks. :smokin Worlds best teammate and teacher. :smokin

Lucky it wasn't against the Bulls, would've been a hundred. Or if it was Jimm "Buckets" he wouldn't have been aggressive enough and just blamed Hoiberg,

you act like the jazz were playing hard d or even caring to d him up though. no double teams , nothing ,they played into the part of letting kobe have his moment. dont kidd yourself. like when you guarding a girl or little kid playing pickup. thats how i saw it. if that game was meaningful for the jazz it wouldve been a totally different game. 

I don't understand how Kobe's pride could've handled the coddling from opponents like last night.

I think Mike would've rather retired abruptly, before the season started, than endure that.

Last night was amazing! Kobe took over and the Jazz JUST missed the playoffs.

On a more serious note, I'm concerned about the string of murders in the Los Angeles area after the game last night.

Wow we really giving someone props for taking 50 shots now :rofl:

Why you hating ?

Dont be mad cuz kobe beat your boy mj's record of 49 shots taken [emoji]128513[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

you know how physically draining it is taking 50 shots, which were all taken thru isolation? add in the fact that he was perfect from the field during the clutch. it's unbelievable b.

Last edited:
I don't want to hear nothing from anyone the next time Rose takes 30 shots
laugh.gif
Will his knees allow it?

Like, I understand the significance.  I really, really do.  It's impressive to do what he did in his shape.  All I'm saying is that if the Jazz actually had something to play for, last night's game is completely different.  That's all.

That's what objectiveness is.  being able to see from both sides of the coin without an biased opinion.  There's a lot of Kobe stans that are absolutely incapable of doing that.
I'm neither a stan or a hater. He's pretty much just been "there" for me. I NEVER participate in the GOAT vs. overrated discussions because I think it's a waste of time and ain't here for that. **** everyone's rankings, I don't care.

I actually wished he retired sooner because people been needing to finally move the hell on to different topics. This the most I've talked about Kobe on here in years since it's basically impossible to have a real conversation about him.
laugh.gif
Beyond tired of the same ol' **** whenever his name (or the usual suspects) is invoked. I tune all that out.

But as a fan of sports, I enjoyed yesterday's events. History was made. Great moments across the league that I'll remember for a while. Some were genuine, others felt contrived. 
laugh.gif
It was cool to see all those different people, ex-players + celebrities, all come together for one night and see him leave it all out there. That's all. Miss me with all that other **** people are yapping about.

Even for guys I'm NOT objective towards, I'd like to think I'd be able to do the same if and when their night comes. I'll be real about the **** whether I like them or not.
Yesterday was amazing. The farewell tour was not. I'll remember 60. I hope I forget the rest. 60, for me, was him. The tour was not. Kind of hard to reconcile but I'd venture to say this whole thing wasn't just his decision.

Not the most popular opinion. Maybe I'm just too big of a cynic when it comes to such a drastic shift in someone's personality and demeanor. Especially when it's so incredibly self-serving.
See, I respect this here. Nothing wrong with voicing this opinion IMO. At least you're able to separate the actual spectacle from everything else and acknowledge both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom