2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Depending on how you rate players, Kawhi has had the second most productive, consistent season after Curry this season.

So one could justify, that he is top five.

Exactly.
And that is fine.  I never once said that i dont think Kawhi is having a great season.  But plenty of players in history have great seasons, and are not anointed a top 3 player in the league after it.  That is all I am saying. 

Regardless of how good a season he is having, I couldnt keep a straight fact if someone said they would rather have Kawhi Leonard than LeBron or Durant. Just ridiculous.

So then how on Earth do you have Anthony Davis in your top 5? Because he had a spectacular season last year and wasn't nearly as good this year. And still has yet to play even 70 games in a season. If Kawhi hasn't done enough to deserve it then Anthony Davis sure as hell hasn't.

And he'll still probably end up as an all-time great player, but right now? No.

(Before erupt summer jam screens me I was part of the group that anointed him too early last year).

i think when people say they would take kawhi over lebron they are talking about for the future. id take a 24 year old kawhi who hasnt hit his prime over a 31 year old lj.... i wouldnt take kawhi over kd , even for the future though. 
Kawhi and KD are closer than everyone gives them credit for. 

Kawhi is shooting 51/44/88 and KD is shooting 50/38/90 so they have a pretty similar effeciency.

KD is a way better scorer but he also takes more shots because thats his job, the tenacity that Kawhi brings on defense >>> KD though

I think, given the opportunity, Kawhi could put up as much points as KD or Bron do, but that's simply not his job on the Spurs.

That being said:

Steph, KD, Kawhi, LeBron are all locks for top 5 in the league this year in my book. Nobody really takes that #5 spot unanimously though.

Last edited:

Depending on how you rate players, Kawhi has had the second most productive, consistent season after Curry this season.

So one could justify, that he is top five.

Exactly.
And that is fine.  I never once said that i dont think Kawhi is having a great season.  But plenty of players in history have great seasons, and are not anointed a top 3 player in the league after it.  That is all I am saying. 

Regardless of how good a season he is having, I couldnt keep a straight fact if someone said they would rather have Kawhi Leonard than LeBron or Durant. Just ridiculous.
So then how on Earth do you have Anthony Davis in your top 5? Because he had a spectacular season last year and wasn't nearly as good this year. And still has yet to play even 70 games in a season. If Kawhi hasn't done enough to deserve it then Anthony Davis sure as hell hasn't.

And he'll still probably end up as an all-time great player, but right now? No.

(Before erupt summer jam screens me I was part of the group that anointed him too early last year).
I am NOT the one who said Davis was firmly in my top 5.  All I was saying was that your idea that Kawhi is "easily a top 5 player" is not even close to being easily...and I listed AD as a player that I dont think anyone can say that it is without question that Kawhi is better than. 

My original comment had to do about top 3, and how I dont believe that Kawhi is in there.  You were the one who brought up top 5, and I could go either way on that.  I just dont think it is an easy decision in the slightest bit.

Kawhi and KD are closer than everyone gives them credit for. 
Kawhi is shooting 51/44/88 and KD is shooting 50/38/90 so they have a pretty similar effeciency.
KD is a way better scorer but he also takes more shots because thats his job, the tenacity that Kawhi brings on defense >>> KD though
I think, given the opportunity, Kawhi could put up as much points as KD or Bron do, but that's simply not his job on the Spurs.

That being said:
Steph, KD, Kawhi, LeBron are all locks for top 5 in the league this year in my book. Nobody really takes that #5 spot unanimously though.

Kawhi has improved his offense by leaps and bounds and is already better than anyone ever expected him to be, but it doesn't look to me like he can truly take a game over on that end yet like KD and even LeBron can. I qualify that by saying that I've probably seen only like 10 Spurs games this season. Still, I don't yet think of KL as the kind of guy who you can give the ball to when his team absolutely needs a bucket and feel confident that he's going to deliver. That's why I would still have him behind KD, LeBron and Steph.

Paul putting up 23, 7, 4, 2.

What is he doing better than Paul George? Only difference is Kawhi's FG% and part of that is cuz Paul's team is trash now. Everybody knows who's getting the ball. While the Spurs are still getting production from multiple players. I'm still rollin with PG for now.

There's no logical argument for AD over Kawhi right now. Maybe next year if he stays healthy and impacts both ends of the floor like he has the talent/ability to.

Ian Begley
‏@IanBegley
Rambis remains a strong candidate for NYK job but Phil Jackson will consider others & Blatt is on radar, sources say

Sorry @ Knicks fans.

Even though I have a problem with how the Cavs dumped Blatt, I don't like that hire for Knicks. Better than keeping Rambis, but almost anything would be.

Ian Begley
‏@IanBegley
Rambis remains a strong candidate for NYK job but Phil Jackson will consider others & Blatt is on radar, sources say

Sorry @ Knicks fans.

Even though I have a problem with how the Cavs dumped Blatt, I don't like that hire for Knicks. Better than keeping Rambis, but almost anything would be.

Said this in the Knicks thread, I wonder how he'd do without someone trying to push him out.

And yes, anyone is better than Rambis or Shaw :lol:

Kobe%20banners.vadapt.480.high.80.png

$55,000: Price paid by a fan on StubHub for two courtside seats to Kobe's last game on Wednesday

Am I crazy or does this seem cheap? This seems cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom