2015-2016 NBA Regular Season - MDA to HOU - All-NBA - Harden snubbed - Anthony Davis is broke

Status
Not open for further replies.

or maybe the NBA could lower the number of games played? not saying that's what I'm suggesting.
Perhaps, but sitting a player due to "rest" isn't the answer and the NBA will eventually crack down on it, I feel. 
This year, the all-star break was longer then ever because the players complained about needing more rest.  This year, the NBA purposely arranged the schedule to reduce many teams' travel times.  Yet, players are still taking lots of days off.  I don't think it matters what the NBA does, players will always be wanting the rest.  

If anything, they should require less commitment from the NBA players in the offseason.  Leave it to the under 25 or go back to college players for the olympics and usa basketball competition.  

The star players get way more money from their sneaker deals then the NBA pays them... so why should the be extremely committed to their teams?  They are getting paid huge money regardless of how they perform on the court.  

i dont get rest days at my job, i gotta take PTO....my miserable life
mean.gif
laugh.gif

If the players signed up for the long season then the fans signed up for not seeing players play. What happens when you buy tickets to see Derrick Rose in September and January rolls around and he's hurt. Or when a player sits out a game with flu-like symptoms. Or a migraine. Who gives a ****. Players and coaches are allowed to do what they want, they don't owe fans a damn thing.

Rest and Injury are not the same thing.

Yes they do owe the fans something wth they fund the NBA. :lol:
There's 82 games and guys sit for rest on average a handful of times, attendance isn't going to drop at an alarming rate that hinders the balance sheets of franchises because of this stupid hot take. TV deals is where the money's at anyway.

Until every game is important like the NFL, it's going to keep happening. Until it's like one or two games a week, like in Europe, it's really unavoidable. By April, everyone has nagging minor injuries.

Why is it ok for guys in baseball to take days off for rest when they play a sport that's less demanding physically? Because they play twice as many games?

Last edited:
Another thing to factor in is some teams charge different prices for games depending on the team that's playing. This is determined before the season even starts. I'm talking face value box office prices, not stubhub resale prices.

Some teams will have their box office prices cost significantly less when the 76ers come to down while the box office prices will be significantly Higher when teams like the warriors and cavs come to town.

The Cavs were an undesirable draw 3 years ago. Now their a premier team and their tix are in demand. A team would charge way less for that games tix in 2013 then they would now and there's an obvious reason for that.

When the obvious reason is fully healthy and sits out but the fans paid more at the box office becsuse that one player made that game a "premium matchup" the fans have every right to pissed.

I don't mind resting players at all. Donyou guys also hate the warriors for resting Steph every 4th quarter? Or are you cool with being shortchanged?

are you serious? lol

Calm down. You don't have to defend your lrecious warriors on this one. I was being facetious.

Chris Paul is about to get some well-deserved rest before the playoffs start. If some casul fan bought tickets expecting to see him, oh well.

This is coming from a season ticket holder btw.

Why is it ok for guys in baseball to take days off for rest when they play a sport that's less demanding physically? Because they play twice as many games?

Baseball tickets are generally less expensive then NBA tickets.

When a team comes to town, they usually play a 3-4 game set so if someone really wanted to see Bryce Harper play, they have multiple opportunities to see him play during that series whereas NBA teams visit road cities either once or twice a season.c

Naw, Wall doesnt have the intensity that Westbrook has, and im a big fan of Wall. Westbrook is the superior player.

This is false.

Dudes think all that yelling and screaming is indictive of being "intense". John Wall goes just as hard on the floor as Westbrook.

I get 12 weeks of paid bonding time as soon as we adopt or give birth to a child. Players should be able to take 3 months off, too.

Idk how the league would crack down on resting players. Couldn't pop just say Kawhi had flu-like symptoms? Then say he's day-to-day after straining something during practice? :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom