2014 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Ron Parker-Bears dream dead! Greg Jennings cut!

What Cousin Sal said about the Lions today on the BS Report was true though... and I listened knowing all about his Dallas fandom.

Cowboys are done in hilarious and ironic fashion and I'm still tight about last week.

If that game is played 10 times we win 6 or 7. Its been forever since I felt we lost a game to an inferior team. It's been so rare that we've been good enough be in that position and I think its why I'm so upset.

We have about 20 million in cap right now.

Cut Tully or ask him to take a paycut, cut Reggie, I'd probably say good bye to Jason Jones too. Restructure Calvin's contract to where there is some guaranteed money in those last two non guaranteed years. I'd do 5 million per.

Doing all that creates 34 million in cap space. That's more cap space than the Lions have ever had in Stafford, Megatron, Suh era.

Suh is going to count for 9.7 milion whether he plays in Detroit next year or somewhere else so you midas well cash him out. Most teams in the league don't run 4-3's so that eliminates half the teams in the league. Personally I give him JJ Watt's contract plus a year and an extra 5 million in guarantees. That's overpaying him but the cap is exploding you can't compare the contracts given out this year and next to the ones given out in the past.

I also bring back Nick. I think he's going to be avaible for cheap. We already wasted a top 12 pick so we midas well be the ones to benefit. Actually I bring back every member of the d-line except JJ. Half them dudes would have been out the league before coming here so It ain't like they top priorities for other teams.

I'd lock up Deandre right now as well.

Personally I'd a sign a outside corner to replace Mathis and have Mathis as the utility secondary player.

Our o-line was in shambles by the end of the season and IMO is what separates us from being a real Super Bowl contender. When Stafford had time he cooked, when he didn't he was Andy Daltonseque

Biggest holes on the roster even when everyone was healthy was right tackle, left guard and nickle back. Bentley and Lawson should be back next year to fight for that spot.

I'd address right tackle in free agency and draft a guard to replace Sims.

http://overthecap.com/calculator/detroit-lions/

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter
Broncos requested permission for HC interview with Lions DC Teryl Austin, per source.

After all the stupidity in this thread, all the teams end up in the same place.......at home watching the super bowl. Delete this thread. On to the next one.

I will never forget this game for as long as I live. It is the worst loss in sports history to me. I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I can't laugh. I feel like my very existence is eating itself away, I have no motivation to do anything right now.

I know it is just football and people might look at me like I'm a weak human being but I really love this ****. To all my Packer fans out there I'm with you, this ship isn't sinking. We have pieces to make a couple more runs in the future.

1. 2014 NFCG @ Sea
2. 2010 NBA final Game 7 @ LAL
3. 2003 ALCS Game 7 @ NYY

top 3 worse losses I've experienced as a sports fan

Last edited:
I will never forget this game for as long as I live. It is the worst loss in sports history to me. I can't eat, I can't sleep, and I can't laugh. I feel like my very existence is eating itself away, I have no motivation to do anything right now.

I know it is just football and people might look at me like I'm a weak human being but I really love this ****. To all my Packer fans out there I'm with you, this ship isn't sinking. We have pieces to make a couple more runs in the future.

Same here man... honestly I didn't expect us to win this game going into it, but to be that close and have that big of a lead just to blow it.... damn....

if it was like 31-14 or some **** like that I woulda been like "okay I expected it" but to lose in that fashion... this is gonna be a long off season

Back
Top Bottom