2014 NFC North Trash Talking Thread: Ron Parker-Bears dream dead! Greg Jennings cut!

Pro Football Focus @PFF
Best passer rating of any QB-WR connection this year was 134.3 from Aaron Rodgers to Randall Cobb

I think the Packers have to win a Super Bowl this season. It's rare Jordy and Rodgers play a full season together, Cobb has been terrific, Sitton has been a stalwart on that line, etc.

This is more than the usual in terms of "things going GB's way." I know it's unpredictable, but you can't count on a key injury in 2015 or 2016 deadening your chances then -- same as every other team of course, but G.B. always seems to be the most snakebit.

I really think there's a chance they only have to go through Cam to win the S.B.... but that's me. I think Carolina's secondary is a whole different animal than it was in the first three-fourths of the season.

@Edwerderespn: Last time #Lions played without @NdamukongSuh was Week 14 2011. They allowed 269 rushing yards to the #Vikings WITHOUT Adrian Peterson

Ok and who won that game?

But hey stats matter right? :lol:

SUh back

hes still an idiot so idc

is it sunday yet? who cares about NYE

I think the Packers have to win a Super Bowl this season. It's rare Jordy and Rodgers play a full season together, Cobb has been terrific, Sitton has been a stalwart on that line, etc.

This is more than the usual in terms of "things going GB's way." I know it's unpredictable, but you can't count on a key injury in 2015 or 2016 deadening your chances then -- same as every other team of course, but G.B. always seems to be the most snakebit.

I really think there's a chance they only have to go through Cam to win the S.B.... but that's me. I think Carolina's secondary is a whole different animal than it was in the first three-fourths of the season.

I'll take Seattle over GB. But I wouldn't be surprised if GB wins the NFC.

Been trying to dig deeper into the 2014 Minnesota Vikings to figure out where this team is in its rebuild:

By month:

- September: two wins (34-6 on 9/7 at StL, 41-28 on 9/28 vs ATL)
- October: one win (19-13 OT on Oct. 26 at TB)
- November: two wins (29-26 vs WAS, 31-13 vs CAR)
- December: two wins (30-24 OT vs NYJ, 13-9 vs CHI)

Won both of the OT games at Tampa and against New York, which easily could have gone the other way and made it a 5-11 campaign. Especially considering the breakdowns on Jarius Wright's game-winning touchdown and the random fumble by the Tampa Bay tight end that led to a game-winning fumble return TD.

Bridgewater passing yards by game/week:

WK-

3* - 150
4 – 317
6 – 188
7 – 157
8 – 241
9 – 268
11 – 158
12 – 210
13 – 138
14 – 309
15 – 315
16 – 259
17 – 209

*relieved Cassel middle of game.

Vikings leading rusher after bye:

WK-

11 - Sendejo (48 yards)
12 - McKinnon (54 yards)
13 - Asiata (52 yards)
14 - Asiata (54 yards)
15 - Asiata (36 yards)
16 - Asiata (58 yards)
17 - Asiata (91 yards)

Running back situation needs reform. That's pitiful, even though I don't remember it being so bad. Based on what Mike Zimmer said in his end-of-season presser, the team is behind Adrian Peterson if he's able to play in 2015. Clearly, Peterson's actions have been geared toward him wanting a new start elsewhere, which I understand -- but that was when he felt the team wasn't behind him -- which it seems they now are.

There's a chance he's back. I still think it's a bigger chance he's not, but it'll probably come down to a price tag issue. He's not worth the money he's set to receive in the coming years, but I'd argue he's also immune to the typical 30-year-old "rust" of RBs that we typically see. How can you not feel that way after he tore his ACL in December of 2011 and then came back to win the 2012 MVP?

Vikings in October since the NFC Championship berth season in 2009:

2014: 1-3
2013: 0-3
2012: 2-2
2011: 2-2
2010: 1-3

Combined record of 6-13.

Adrian Peterson in the final four games of 2009: 280 yards
Matt Asiata in the final four games of 2014: 239 yards

That's only more to show how it's still crazy to me Peterson didn't break 3000 yards in 2009 with Favre, instead.... he had his worst healthy year rushing.

Last edited:
@Edwerderespn: Last time #Lions played without @NdamukongSuh was Week 14 2011. They allowed 269 rushing yards to the #Vikings WITHOUT Adrian Peterson

Unless Tony Romo some how gained 4.4 speed this stat was pointless.

Folks relying on ESPN to form their opinions again

All he did was post a stat, though. 
laugh.gif
 Lions fans been TIGHT lately.

LOLions have to go through Dallas and Seattle to even have that scenario play out... 

Lions probably not winning today and definitely not winning next week, but I hope ya'll do because playing SEA at SEA is a recipe for a guaranteed L the following week.

Cowboys can't run the ball against the Lions man.... this game is about to be a lot closer than most anticipated.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom