2014 NBA Off-Season; Paul George suffers a double-compund-fracture, likely out for season. Speedy re

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way OKC likes to build through the draft, I don't think Presti would do it. What did the previous trade talk between OKC and NYK consist of in terms of assets?

“@ESPNSteinLine: Hearing: Knicks have explored possibility of swapping Iman Shumpert for late first-round pick heading into Thursday's draft”

Thunder :nerd:

Yea this is def gonna make Melo stay in NY

getting a late first round rookie is gonna make NY better :rolleyes

Of course. Melo w/ the Nuggets were constant western conference title contenders. Lost to good teams/eventual champions. Nuggets were a few moves away from being straight out championship contenders.

Melo is a superstar. I don't think anyone disagrees. You mold a team around your superstars strengths not how weaknesses. Melo's strengths: Scoring & O-Rebounding
Melo's weaknesses: Everything else

Serious question...can a team be built around Melo? A contending team, where he's the focal point and the rest doesn't consist of jr smith.

A team can mosdef be built around Melo, title winner too. Melo is still the hardest player in the league to guard. He does what he wants, Anthony Davis balls like this too. DeMarcus Cousins also same grit.

Carmelo Anthony is not the hardest player in the league to guard IMO. You don't have to worry about the possibility of him getting the foul call as much as other PEOPLE. There are players that you can't even breathe on

Last edited:
Carmelo has the best isolation offensive game, but hardest to guard? No way. He doesn't move without the ball. So if he doesn't have the ball, you can just chill in your spot.

Carmelo has the best isolation offensive game, but hardest to guard? No way. He doesn't move without the ball. So if he doesn't have the ball, you can just chill in your spot.

What a great point. I agree, well said

Yea people don't realize players move without the ball to get in better position to score.
The problem is Melo is ALWAYS in a good position to score.

I'm just sitting here thinking who would be harder to guard between Melo n Dirk :/
Imagine a back 2 back guarding those 2. You're getting cooked lol

I love when dudes scattered across the country that watch 5 Knicks games a year comment and act like Melo was the problem.

Melo was the only dude that showed up last season. If you actually watched games and know how to analyze ball you would see the problem was Sn, Felton, JR, Shump and Chandler. 5 soft dudes that complained and failed nightly.

We're supposed to move past trolling in this year's thread but you dudes still regurgitate the same foolishness.

Knicks will be fine. Melo stays, they'll pick up another free agent next year and will just chip away building a team with guys that buy into the triangle. Melo leaves, we get a top 5 pick in next year's draft and a ton of cap space. Either way, in 3 years the only people on this roster still likely to be in NY are Melo and Hardaway Jr. Everyone else will be gone and upgrade by that point.

In regards to Melo:

Anthony's financial decision-making is also affected by income tax rates, which vary widely by state and, as New York City residents know, municipality. SI.com and tax expert Robert Raiola have crunched the numbers for Anthony (whose projected contract amounts are provided by Spotrac.com). We break down how much he would likely earn, after taxes and the standard 4 percent agent commission, if he signed max deals with the Knicks, Bulls, Heat and Rockets.

Keep in mind, however, that Chicago and Houston would have to make multiple moves to sign Anthony to anything approaching a max contract, and Miami would face an even more difficult challenge. If those teams fail to create the space, Anthony would have to sign for even less than what is indicated below:

140618083439-carmelo-anthony-salary-single-image-cut.jpg

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nb...nthony-free-agency-knicks-bulls-heat-rockets/

Last edited:
First question I had was whether that 2018 year should be included. I can see arguments for doing it with and without it, but I think it should be there cause come 2018 who knows what kind of contract a 34 year old Carmelo Anthony will command.

BUT without it, hes down to $51,649,244 total if he stays in NY compared to going somewhere else. I also cant see how Houston or Miami free up enough space to give him a max deal or if they would even want to. I feel like they would much rather sell him on taking less than come close to crippling their teams for him. I also think giving a 30 year old Carmelo Anthony a max deal is a bad idea.

I dont think hes staying anyways, all signs point to him leaving for "greener pastures"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom